Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced world parameters  (Read 767 times)

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advanced world parameters
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:38:31 am »

Hi people, I used to play Adventure mod with MixMod, but i would create an advanced world, what parameters you use? Thanks!

Tel Riker

• Bay Watcher
  • [Probably_Alive]
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced world parameters
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:11:05 am »

Just play around with the parameters, eventually you'll come up with a type you like!
!!NEW!!

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced world parameters
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 04:56:58 pm »

Hi people, I used to play Adventure mod with MixMod, but i would create an advanced world, what parameters you use? Thanks!

I started using this recently myself, somehow after twiddling with the settings and giving a custom seed I generated a small flat 17x17  region.

At first I was annoyed because I missed the mountains somehow and got made completely flat. There are no shops/cities, then I looked around and got a feel for this terrible land..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looks quite boring but this land is cursed, a great portion of this map is known as the 'hill of sacrifices', it covers about 99% of the region, home to humans and goblin fortresses and to the south is the great sands. The purple area to the north is 'the infected tundras', now this place is menacing to the whole region as it is thick mist where undead horrors dwell. I actually had a feel for this place more than any other just with the fact of knowing that a short walk north means death and has been plaguing humans as far as they can remember.

I would play it more but with no shops I feel kind of limited, still good for a ongoing challenge tho.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:00:17 pm by sirquote »