Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Little Creations thread.  (Read 5987 times)

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:19 am »

Make soap. from tallow, and lye, and dorfy stuff like that.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 12:20:31 pm »

Posting to follow.

This is a thread. It is adorned with hanging rings of awesome.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 02:00:03 pm »

*_* My life shall be full of awesome forever more. Also feel free to post some of your own skills and creations until I get my ball rolling. First up: getting some mead a brewing.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 03:27:36 pm »

Well then, i shall shamelessly post my mirrored circuit board.

The copper side (had to drill the holes with a power drill roarg)
Now with components (and note the jerry-rigged resistor at the top :P)

Linked because of hugeness. The code worked nicely (could possibly have powered an autonomous garden-watering system), but the board got mirrored because of an oversight on my part. Since i couldn't mirror the components, it didn't work out. Plus it was for an exam. Miraculously, i got a decent grade for my verbal defense of it. :U

I also have a large mallet that i made, but i can't find it for the life of me. Your enthusiasm is hella inspiring though, i should polish my woodcrafting (gasp) skills at some point.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 04:49:58 pm »

Well, Since I already know the basics of brewing, I looked up a web site on mead. Next stop: my local health store for raw honey. I'm planning on making the type with fruit as both a nutrient for the yeast and a balancing acid to start. While the mead is fermenting, I'll probably move on to either the single shot paint ball gun or my gun in a book idea. Also, hey, circuit boards. I would really have to work on my manual dexterity before doing stuff like that. And on that note, my engineering class next semester is making several robots for both racing, obstacle courses, and fights. YES.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Create! Project 1: jc6036:novice brewer
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »

You could try making chain mail. I recently started, all you need is steel wire, steel rods, some cutting tools, and pliers.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Create! Project 1:MEEEEEAAAAAD!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »

Yes! I've gathered my ingredients for the mead, and I'm going to be brewing soon. While the mead is fermenting, choose a low budget and possibly dangerous project for me! (50 USD and under.) I'm thinking some awesome contraptions using PVC piping and bicycle pumps/hair spray that one ignites. Or maybe I could spend my days waiting on my beverage to complete making a new language, or writing a story. But that sounds like something for a rainy day. Now is for SCIENCE!!!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create! Project 1:MEEEEEAAAAAD!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 10:44:44 pm »

Do this while you wait for your YUMMEH MEED to ferment.
channel = #bay12lb

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Create!Right now:post your own!
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 08:57:21 pm »

Eh, screw it. This is officially the thread for miscellaneous creative projects that aren't exactly epic enough to get their own thread. And it's for everybody! So come here, and post your creations that you don't think need their own thread but would be nice to share! For me, mead! And possibly a short story. And a paintball gun using pvc piping. CREATE! Also, pictures of the projects are appreciated!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 09:09:21 pm »

Heh, me and my dad are already working on a set of pipes. And my mum is a really good hand at mead-brewing.
channel = #bay12lb

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 10:21:44 pm »

Eh, screw it. This is officially the thread for miscellaneous creative projects that aren't exactly epic enough to get their own thread. And it's for everybody!
Oh god I have a ton of those. ??? Too tired to think of any right now though, so le watchpost.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 04:06:58 pm »

For the overwhelming majority of my digital creative escapades, see my deviantArt page. I have also somewhat made a game here (note: F1 will help you a lot), but it's not finished and i doubt it will ever be (though i currently have a shinier version than the public one). Still something i'll look back at proudly, since it took a few months to get to that state.
And, with some luck, i might find the mallet i made somewhere in my room. Always good to have a mallet.

Good luck with your brewing quest! Mead is awesome, so i'd ask for a taste if the Atlantic ocean wasn't in the way. But it is. And i don't have the magma needed to bridge it.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 01:25:53 am »

I would rank myself as a Dabbling Chainmailler, approaching Novice, but it seems I have already found my Everest.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 08:15:15 am »

Pictures are appreciated if at all possible! We want to see the Creations! Btw, isn't making chain mail a pretty time consuming task? 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 08:18:53 am »

time consuming, yes.
cool looking stuff afterwards, also yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4