Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Your nerdy bragging rights  (Read 13390 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Your nerdy bragging rights
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2011, 01:49:33 pm »

I blame it on my phone. I can't see post counts or registration dates. Thank you phone, for making me look like a bigger idiot yet to the community.

No worries, it happens to the best of us. And then we laugh. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2011, 03:23:18 pm »

I can also pick locks, well barely. You won't believe how many times i've accidently locked myself inside a bathroom, and one time I was stuck in there for three hours.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2011, 03:28:55 pm »

I can also pick locks, well barely. You won't believe how many times i've accidently locked myself inside a bathroom, and one time I was stuck in there for three hours.

I can get into most doors that aren't deadlocked.  Once I unlocked my apartment door with some leftover newspaper inserts.   :P

Or maybe all the places I've lived in have terrible locks...
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »

Well, I won't get much of an impressive tally, but here goes:

- I can recognize just about every piece of music on my iPod by its first few seconds - out of like 1500 total pieces.
- I can list all Touhou characters (as long as we're staying at Windows) in order categorical with their associated themes and personality quirks.
- I design champions for League of Legends as a hobby and meticulously try to balance them out.
- I am interested in artistical methods and strive to try and be capable of using as many of them as possible.
- I collect black ink pens.
- I am currently trying to learn the Kanji. All 2000 of them. Progress is slow.
- I'm a very fast reader. 1000 pages per day are pretty easy.
- I pick up new things exceptionally fast and memorize stuff swiftly as well. This skill is misappropiated for school to minimize learning times. :D
- I maintain a Youtube channel dedicated to remixes of a relatively obscure Touhou Project spin-off's music.
- Sometimes I fail to find a word for something in my native language, German, and instead use a literal translation from English.
- I dabble in making music.
- I have finished the last mission of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin in the shortest time possible, although I can't remember whether it was 5 or 6 days.
- I work on programming a bullet hell shooter.
- Half of my external HDD's space is to be occupied by Touhou Project remixes relatively soon.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2011, 04:05:04 pm »

I can make my own super nintendo games.

No, not just hack them. Make them. In a cave, with a box of scraps.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2011, 04:55:00 pm »

You see, this is weird, as I'm considered a nerd by all who go to my school, but I never even bloody heard of the Touhou Project until Bay12. And I don't even care about it. Does that make me not nerdy?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2011, 04:57:27 pm »

You see, this is weird, as I'm considered a nerd by all who go to my school, but I never even bloody heard of the Touhou Project until Bay12. And I don't even care about it. Does that make me not nerdy?

That makes you a non-otaku.

Wait..

*checks the japanese for otaku*

... huh..

Nevermind.. <_<

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2011, 06:24:46 pm »

Just remembered a good one... I've been playing roguelikes since I was 9 years old.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

NO, you're a nerd, just not a weeaboo. Or you might be a weeaboo but not a toohoo scrub.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2011, 06:31:17 pm »

I'm not into the touhou games (not a fan of shooters) but I like some of the music. Especially the fan remixes/orchestrations that stray away from the j-pop vibe.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2011, 06:46:17 pm »

Damn you people! Why can't I have been raised in a nerdy environment?! Unfair advantage I say, unfair advantage!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2011, 07:38:46 pm »

Ahahahaha. I was raised in the deep country. Nothing nerdy there.
Your nerdfu must be cultivated yourself.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2011, 07:59:50 pm »

Unfortunatly, since I've been so poor for most of my life, I'm rarely in possession of a working computer. With one, my nerdfu could have grown into a beautiful thing much much sooner. Same with video game consoles. Luckily, I've never really been denied books. Sigh. Curse you all, you lucky sonsa bitches :P

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2011, 08:05:52 pm »

My dad try to force me to become a sports kid when I was young, and he was a manager of a bar (I mean, how non nerdy is that?). You'd think there be a low chance for a nerd to come out of that situation :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:21 pm »

I grew up in a tiny backwater town in Indiana where there wasn't a shred of nerd culture.  My parents, especially my dad, nudged me in the right direction and I took off on my own from there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15