Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Your nerdy bragging rights  (Read 13366 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Your nerdy bragging rights
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 03:29:12 pm »

I consider DF easier than CoD.

I read 1000 page books in less than a week.

I win at Monopoly every time.

AAA is the best use of my Friday night.

I do not know how to carry on a conversation. Seriously.

Complex strategy is best strategy.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 03:37:01 pm »

I'm going to let my derp show a bit here, what's "AAA"?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »

Anti-Aircraft Artillery. And if that's not it, I am seriously disappoint because that's an awesome use of a Friday night.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 03:39:27 pm »

For one, given that this Bay 12, it is probably not "New triple A video games".

NINJAS

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

Anti-Aircraft Artillery. And if that's not it, I am seriously disappoint because that's an awesome use of a Friday night.

My first thought was Alcoholics Anonymous Anonymous, for people who want to beat their addiction to giving up alcohol.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 03:44:29 pm »

Angry Angler's Association?  ???

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 03:54:40 pm »

I too will derp with my brethern. Aggravated Automatons Assembly?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 03:55:18 pm »

I too have created my own alphabet (a cursive one). I then realized it was a bit hard to read for others (Crazy people). I've also created several small worlds, tho9ugh I gave both of these things up when I realized I'd never use these things, and other people already do pretty awesome jobs.

For my claim to nerd cred - I keep almost all of my textbooks from college, and have asked for books for christmas on topics like calculus, neurology, engineering, programming, and human development. I haven't read them all, but I do look things up every now and then. The bookshelves that they're on have to be rotated occasionally because of the weight.

BTW, they're currently organized by title from my wife, and it drives me crazy. They SHOULD be organzed by topic from most basic to most advanced. Math - > physics -> chemistry -> biology -> psychology -> philosophy -> religion/superstition. Of course each of those broad topics can be stratified too, algebra before calculus for example, and cellular biology before plant physiology before animal reproductive biology before human anatomy/physiology, and so forth.
Instead she has things like biology (b) before calculus (c). I have to think a few steps further to find any of my books anymore.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 04:55:04 pm »

Does playing Yu-Gi-Oh on-and-off for nine years count? How about memorizing the plots of about eight different manga series? Knowing the ins and outs of Troll Romance off by heart?
くコ:彡

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 04:58:12 pm »

Does playing Yu-Gi-Oh on-and-off for nine years count? How about memorizing the plots of about eight different manga series? Knowing the ins and outs of Troll Romance off by heart?

What?  ???

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 05:02:43 pm »

- When I was a kid I kept all my magic cards inventoried in a spreadsheet.
- Sometimes when I'm bored during meetings I practice writing the alphabet with all the characters mirrored.
- I'm not half bad at the game of Go.
- I'm a programmer
- I play way to many video games.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:22:17 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 05:13:05 pm »

I met Fred Dibnah once, and own an autographed first-edition copy of Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »

- When I was a kid I kept all my magic cards inventoried in a spreadsheet.

I, too, am an incurable Magic addict. Infact, I was just now given a completely sealed, never removed from box 9th edition starter set, with 2 intro decks and a booster. I was most pleased. Opened it up, foil 9th edition Serra Angel in it's own little wrapper. Not to mention all the awesome nostalgic cards from 9th :P

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 05:19:17 pm »

Quite nerdy, but nothing truly spectacular. Tried to learn Commodore BASIC before starting school. Drew a massive family tree of classical mythology (gods, mythical heroes, analogies, which historical figures claimed descent from whom) in primary school that took up an entire wall of my room. Some gaming habits... spending more time analysing strategy games than actually playing them, getting annoyed when it's easy to find a degenerate strategy, playing cRPGs in 'Rincewind Mode' - highest difficulty, solo wizard, no spells.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »

What?  ???
I think he's reffering to Homestuck.

Anyways, I consider myself the person who started a minecraft craze in my old school. I constantly brought it up and recommended it to people until they bought it, then they told a friend, and then they told a friend, and then they told a friend...

So yeah, I pretty much created a Cult. And we constantly clashed with the people who liked Call of Duty.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15