Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cardinal Quest is FREE TODAY ONLY  (Read 1553 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Cardinal Quest is FREE TODAY ONLY
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 04:48:31 pm »

It looks nice, and $5 is definitely not a bad price for a game but.. Is it enough to be worth paying for?

Does it have any interesting or depthy mechanics? From the very little I saw of it, I would guess it's a mostly standard, if not less-than, roguelike with polish.

I'm not saying it should be free, just.. A lot of similar games seem to bring more to the table are also free, so it's hard to want to pay for this. It's just kind of lacking a "hook", I guess?

Well, we have WITP that still costs 70 bucks, not to mention the old-as-balls Dominions 3 for 55 (less in some shops)..

Although i guess these two DO add something that other games do not.

what does WITP mean? Should I know this?
I got nothing

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 05:09:47 pm »

what does WITP mean? Should I know this?

Yes, you should!
(i'm helpful!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »

It seems that the wave of freebie seekers just overloaded the servers, can't seem to get into the "store" to claim my copy.

They're still down, if anybody is wondering.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 07:12:26 pm »

It looks nice, and $5 is definitely not a bad price for a game but.. Is it enough to be worth paying for?

Does it have any interesting or depthy mechanics? From the very little I saw of it, I would guess it's a mostly standard, if not less-than, roguelike with polish.

I'm not saying it should be free, just.. A lot of similar games seem to bring more to the table are also free, so it's hard to want to pay for this. It's just kind of lacking a "hook", I guess?

Well, we have WITP that still costs 70 bucks, not to mention the old-as-balls Dominions 3 for 55 (less in some shops)..

Although i guess these two DO add something that other games do not.
Hey brah, dominions 3 is pretty fun, altough I have to agree that $55 is pretty bogus for a game thats so old. If only bay12 were up for another community game :C

But yea, this roguelike looks pretty ok, but its pretty standard and basic roguelike stuff. I'm with most people in this topic saying that its a good game, but there are free games out there that offer more then it does in the same genre.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 08:46:20 pm »

yup, not promoting this as a game to buy, just one to take advantage of the free offer(if the servers come back). I imagine they will have to extend it for those who couldn't take advantage due to server issues.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 [2]