Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PBP DnD 3.5 by Orangebottle(AKA: Dark Times in Asdel)  (Read 1005 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PBP DnD 3.5 by Orangebottle(AKA: Dark Times in Asdel)
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »

It is the Age of Dusk. A time of troubles, of shattered minds and frail bodies.

The Age of Dusk is more than just an age to the world of Asdel. A shroud of smoke and dust blocks out the light of it's multiple suns, leaving the world in an eternal twilight.

Asdel itself is much like the prime material plane, save for a few key differences; the creatures have adapted to the lack of light, all having some method of vision. Farmers usually farm mushrooms, as they are more accustomed to the darkness. Crime is much more common here. Anything can be bought with the right amount of money, including slaves.

Lately, a new, mysterious class of magic has crept across this land. The locals call it Fel Channeling, a process in which the 'channeler' permanently binds their soul to that of a demon. There are many rumors regarding their powers, some claiming that channelers have the abilities of the bound demon, while others believe that they tap the very essence of the demon's soul and use it to cast vile magics. The only way to be certain that one is a channeler is by looking in their eyes. The eyes of a true channeler are a single color. Their eyes do not have whites, or pupils. They are only red.
The people have responded to this group with fear, and hatred. King Philas Holte of Vyncis has openly declared war on the channelers, paying gold for the head of any one of their kind.

That is where you are now. It is currently the new year, and the Praising of Last Light, a week-long festival held in the capitol at the beginning of every year, is currently taking place. For what reasons the four of you have come, only you know. However, one thing is certain: this Praising will never be forgotten.
Time for some Q&A!

Q:PBP? Where is this being done?
A: On the mythweavers forums at www.myth-weavers.com.

Q:Hey, can I play as one of these fel channeler thingies you talk about in the opening post?
A:No.  I have my reasons for denying this, but among other things, my homebrew is terrible.

Q:What books are allowed?
A:If you want anything beyond Player's Handbook I, Magic Item Compendium, or Arms & Equipment Guide, you'll have to ask. I know this seems a little anal, but some of the things in the other books are incredibly overpowered/overcomplicated.

Q:What's necessary for making a character and joining?
A: The starting character level is 1, using 1000 GP instead of class default. You'll need to PM me your Myth-weavers account so I can invite you to the game's forum.

Anything else I missed?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: PBP DnD 3.5 by Orangebottle(AKA: Dark Times in Asdel)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:07:36 pm »

Pm'ed my account, I hope the link was right anyway.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »

You don't need to homebrew anything. That sounds almost exactly like the Binder class from Tome of Magic. Binders are awesome.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »

You don't need to homebrew anything. That sounds almost exactly like the Binder class from Tome of Magic. Binders are awesome.

Huh. Yknow, I haven't read ToM. I should do so.

EDIT: Looking at the class, they're a bit too slow for my purposes. A few tiny modifications should make it usable, and it's looking far better than I could've ever made it.

still not letting players be one yet though, for plots purposes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:25:27 pm by Orangebottle »
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"