Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Shartak: Browser MMO with Cannibals  (Read 10984 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shartak: Browser MMO with Cannibals
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 07:30:44 am »

I've actually been wandering around in the wilderness for a while now killing random animals and scavenging driftwood and I've ended up fine. Still risky I'm sure, but I've been okay so far. And check on the driftwood.
Huzzah! Now I've just got to find a bunch of rifle bullets, then we can probably set out.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 09:57:32 am »

I remember playing Shartak ages ago, around 2005-2007 I think.

Got introduced to this game by Urban Dead back then.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 01:52:59 pm »

Argh, stupid bad luck with pounding outsiders with clubs, a scientist stopped on the square I'm on, I got unlucky + low AP = no kill, but he is still there, maybe he will not log back on today, and I get to kill him, and thus have enough XP to get my next skill.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2011, 03:18:59 pm »

and as such, carrion-Aaron found himself on an wreck  :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2011, 05:35:50 pm »

I hate my luck today, ONE XP from my next skill, and I run out of AP again. I just need to hit this guy one more time. (Who seems to wanna be my personal punching bag, he healed himself or something, and is still standing here.)

EDIT: Wow, turns out this guy belongs to a group dedicated only to finding yeastweed, and making booze. With a no killing after joining rule...I will let him live. Not dwarfy, but it is a noble goal.

EDIT: Discovery: Yeastweed can be found in dense jungles, it appears. I got some from searching a jungle to burn my last AP after murdering a monkey with a club.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:16:42 pm by Keltiknight »
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 11:11:20 pm »

So I've used like 50 AP trying to hit this bat and it refuses to be hit even once. 20% isn't THAT bad of a hit rate.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2011, 02:09:54 pm »

So I've used like 50 AP trying to hit this bat and it refuses to be hit even once. 20% isn't THAT bad of a hit rate.
Hmm, possibly some things have a further penalty to hits, like how the bat is small and flies around pretty fast?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »

So I made it all the way to York, only to be killed by some overzealous outsider who shot me proclaiming, "No Pirates in York!" or some such nonsense.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2011, 03:47:39 pm »

Don't be shocked, cannibals and pirates are hunted by pretty much everyone. In other news, I have been dealing with the extremely overgrown jungles around rakmogak.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2011, 03:59:50 pm »

So I made it all the way to York, only to be killed by some overzealous outsider who shot me proclaiming, "No Pirates in York!" or some such nonsense.

What's their name? Let's kill them! :D Filthy Yorkers!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2011, 04:21:19 pm »

York is still an anti-pirate town, it seems. Maybe we should try Durham next? D:

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:17 pm »

The Hierophant, the fool. He shall feel the wrath of Armok!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2011, 04:46:15 pm »

There's a Yorker in the Hold of the shipwreck, if you want to go on a revenge lynching.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2011, 04:48:51 pm »

Hmm, possibly some things have a further penalty to hits, like how the bat is small and flies around pretty fast?

I killed a bat fine before though. hmm.

Is there any way to lose him? Not that he's really doing much damage, but :p

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2011, 08:40:35 pm »

I killed a bat fine before though. hmm.

Is there any way to lose him? Not that he's really doing much damage, but :p

The animals will move around eventually, I think.
And of course, if you go away for a while, he'll eventually be able to murder you. (Assuming they don't run away after being aggro'd.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9