Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Shartak: Browser MMO with Cannibals  (Read 10996 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Shartak: Browser MMO with Cannibals
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2011, 01:38:34 pm »

How do you find out where you are on the big map-thing? I've just got this little crappy map showing where I've walked :<

Ate lots of berries that were poisonous, apparently. Silly pirate.

Edit: What's the clan name?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:41:42 pm by Caz »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2011, 02:17:42 pm »

How do you find out where you are on the big map-thing? I've just got this little crappy map showing where I've walked :<

Clan will exist as soon as I have enough XP and Levels to purchase the skill ;)

Finding your location requires a GPS Unit (Then edit the URL of any of the posted world map locations with your x/y coords) or Exploration (Saves a map of every world square that you enter, and then adds it in-game and marks your location..click map at the bottom of the Shartak game screen once you have the skill.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 03:15:38 pm »

Finding your location requires a GPS Unit (Then edit the URL of any of the posted world map locations with your x/y coords) or Exploration (Saves a map of every world square that you enter, and then adds it in-game and marks your location..click map at the bottom of the Shartak game screen once you have the skill.)
Oh, theres an exploration skill? Cool, did not know that, so many more skills then in urban dead, gonna have to consider that one early, if its not a class skill.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 04:05:10 pm »

Oh, theres an exploration skill? Cool, did not know that, so many more skills then in urban dead, gonna have to consider that one early, if its not a class skill.

One of the exploration subskills is a class skill for scouts, but there's 3 or 4 that are available to anyone. They look pretty good, only just took the first one myself though.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 04:26:15 pm »

Argh! Got mauled by a tiger on my way, bleeding to death. Sitting in the middle of god-knows-where, half dead, and I can hear native horns in the distance... D: Although now that I think of it, I have a clan, actually!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 07:44:19 pm »

Found my old character, in as Jim Davey Jones, a mean-looking pirate

Found you.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 09:41:18 pm »

Oh wow, I can't believe I played this before August 2009. I just made an account and imported that character, and I have more skills than I remember buying, haha. I must have played it a lot.

I'm nearby Durham or something, says the old notes I left for myself.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2011, 12:24:49 am »

I am trying out this game as a shaman :D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2011, 01:26:42 am »

I'm giving this a shot as a settler. Name is Seriyu and I'm stumbling around york chopping down random vegetation and grabbing fruits and vegetables of various types.

Trappin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2011, 08:04:39 am »

Hardly any vegetation is here. There are a few small plants sprouting from the soil but you'd find it hard to get rid of them.

Stuck in the ground is a makeshift sign. It reads “York branch of the Shartak Trail. North (then East) to Derby, South to York.”

You are Mutty Wadders, an outsider from the shipwreck.
HP: 54 / 65   XP: 51   AP: 1   Gold: 1   

You have 51 XP to use with 0 already used and you are currently level 0. Your next skill will cost 100 XP.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2011, 09:00:17 am »

I am making good progress today, I got a deer kill, getting closer to my next skill, and I don't see any pirates, but there don't seem to be many animals (And the jungle is EXTREMELY dense...almost all 9s and 10s.) but still, I did find a deer, and I hear there is a useful tunnel in either the northwest or northeast...
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2011, 09:08:59 am »

http://www.itechsc.com/misc/shartak/ubermap/mapposgen.php?cx=-70484&cy=26480
You are Keel-Haul Kerry, an outsider from the shipwreck. You are bleeding.
HP: 1 / 85   XP: 21   AP: 75   Gold: 1   
2011-10-07 14:05

...Little help, you guys?! D:
Actually, you probably shouldn't bother. I'm sure something's gonna finish me off pretty soon. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2011, 11:14:19 am »

http://www.itechsc.com/misc/shartak/ubermap/mapposgen.php?cx=-70484&cy=26480
You are Keel-Haul Kerry, an outsider from the shipwreck. You are bleeding.
HP: 1 / 85   XP: 21   AP: 75   Gold: 1   
2011-10-07 14:05

...Little help, you guys?! D:
Actually, you probably shouldn't bother. I'm sure something's gonna finish me off pretty soon. :-\

Lemme guess, sharks or animals that do bleeding to ya? Same happened to me, I got machete'd, just hope its an animal, and you do not end up free XP for a player like I did.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2011, 02:09:09 pm »

Bleeding is massive suck.

Anyways, the trip to Durham/York has been disbanded due to a lack of firewood and attacks by dirty little natives. Post if you're interested in going again, I'll try to get this one more organized, with a lot more wood, so start searching the beaches if you want to help.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2011, 02:46:02 pm »

Bleeding is massive suck.

Anyways, the trip to Durham/York has been disbanded due to a lack of firewood and attacks by dirty little natives. Post if you're interested in going again, I'll try to get this one more organized, with a lot more wood, so start searching the beaches if you want to help.

Heh, be glad I'm not on the mainland, Or I would be trying to intercept you, due to being a cannibal and all. Also, I agree, bleeding is evil and should end after several turns.  "sharks take you to 20 HP, bleeding takes you to 10, bleeding ends" kinda thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9