Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flooded pools are unselectable  (Read 398 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flooded pools are unselectable
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:18:00 pm »

I accidentally built a huge channel in one of my flood-farm room. That sucks.

So I turn it into a pool, because it is surrounded by rooms and I can not use it as a channel.

Next year, I flood my farms and the pool gets flooded and as soon as the water touches it, it turns into an empty channel. I unflooded the room and now I can not select the channel (as a building) at all.

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flooded pools are unselectable
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:45:00 am »

I noticed something similar when I had a dwarf dig a channel over a frozen swamp; the channel remained empty (I didn't play long enough to see the results of the water thawing), and I was unable to select the channel with 'q'. My guess is that this behavior is related to the fact that channels undergo some kind of change when they are flooded, as evidenced by not being able to build briges over never-flooded channels. (Or has that bug been fixed?)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Flooded pools are unselectable
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »

It's not a bug that you can't use these channels, it's a limitation of one-building-per-square.  I have to introduce a Z coordinate in dwarf mode to alter this.  Once channels of any kind are flooded, they lose their building status so that you can build bridges over them.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!