Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ameripain: Now with screenshots and list of current features!  (Read 4663 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Ameripain: Now with screenshots and list of current features!
« on: September 30, 2011, 12:51:25 pm »

5. obZen

[Lyrics: Tomas Haake, Music: Mårten Hagström]

A state of perfection, immersed in filth
Equilibrium obtained
Pure in devotion to all things unwell
This sweet zen of our ill condition sustained

A new belief-system
Salvation found in vomit and blood
Where deprivation, lies
Corruption, war and pain is god

Hello, welcome to Ameripain! We got a site now at www.ameripain.net we arent done with it. We would like some more people to contribute with whatever they can do. As long as you are interested you are an asset to Ameripain. Wether you are good at drawing, Dream Maker, music or even just coming with an idea here and there or keeping the community alive, we want you! We really look forward to meeting eventual spriters and coders, and we assure you that you will find a good spot amongst us!

The Development team:
DrPoo, Coder, Code Breaking Monster, Design, Placeholder spriting(I suck), Headbanger and  head of Cheese Research Department, apparently he is also constantly a traitor head surgeon on Gibbed #3
AngelOfDeath, Eventually a Coder, Design Guy, Constantly spamming links with metal music(its good though), hating on Metalcore, accidental jailbait downloading, also loves to test the game
Red, Code Wiz, Code Fixing Knight, Designing stuff his own little ways, being a nice fake canadian wich arent allowed to smoke weed anyways, a fantastic minecraft player, too.
Other random people, go find me and give me a huge slap in the face for forgetting yer name, fella :-)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Current features:
Hunger, damn now you have to eat to stay alive! - Red
Day/Night system, scavenge in the daylight! hide in the dark! - Red
Engraving, right now you can engrave anything, later it will be dependant on different item's materials!
Cannibalism, as described with pictures below - DrPoo

Near Future/In Dev:
Body Decomposition, yeah that poor fella wont stay fresh for long!
Placeholder Combat system, shitty combat system, will be replaced by limb based combat system
Prototype crafting system, glue stuff together, put a finish to it and you got something useful!(Partially implemented with code for incomplete crafts and engraving.)
Pooping, yup.

Planned features:
(Possibly) Randomly generated maps
Unique Round System, you get killed, you die, you stay dead untill round ends, round ends when all are dead. This way rounds may last from either 2 minutes to beyond a whole week, depending on the monsters in the game, of course there will potentially panfatal random occurences in the game.
Simulated Anatomy, Watch as your friend dies from asphyxiation from crushed lungs after that frontal collision with that wall, wich was of course caused from some agressive grazing alien that figured out it would be cool to kick him to death.
Simulated Everything, We will go as far as tile based graphics allows in realism, of course keeping rule of cool/fun.
Crazy Violence
Destructible, and Constructible Enviroment
Crafting, Chemistry, Satanic and Necromantic magic
Depth and Openness into the insane and disgusting, capture and vivisect that guy over there who stole your baked beans? Feel free to do that, maybe you want to make some kind of disgusting contraption consisting of a whole bucket of fecal matter and a gasoline bomb? Your go. Find creative ways to hummiliate your victims!
No rules, other than zero-tolerance for cheating, anything in the game mechanics taken in advantage is fair game, griefing is allowed, only terminally shittiness will get you banned, and never forever, we dont like shrinking playerbases.
Want X or Y or even disgusting Z to be possible? Did we forget to make X work with Y in Z obscene and funny way? Tell us and next day its fix'd.
Zombeh Goastz

Would you like to participate in this project? Both Red and i are coders, and i do shitty sprites with BYOND paint and havent figured out how to export image files yet, i rock with Paint.NET though. If you want to sprite, animate, or make music(preferably metal or industrial, or something just as badass like Blues for wasteland wandering and Jazz Fusion for space travel/alien worlds)? Feel free to join, we are currently spending our freetime with this, might later add some kind of donation thing wich will equally spread the donation to all the participants.

HUGE NEWS:
WE GOT A WEBSITE NOW, REGISTER ON FORUMS AND BE SURE TO WATCH THE BLOG!

www.ameripain.net

SCREENSHOTS;
grisly

even more grisly

!!FART:
Fan Art By DrPoo:

Fan Art By AoD:

DrPoo and Angel of Death
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:13:56 pm by DrPoo »
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Wait, it's going to be more SS13 style now?

Sweeeeet.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Wait, it's going to be more SS13 style now?

Sweeeeet.

Your on the devteam god damnit. Your supposed to know that.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Your on the devteam god damnit. Your supposed to know that.
Only good things can come of this. Posting teh watch.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

POTENTIAL ABSOLUTE WIN. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

So reading over your proposed game, it still seems sort of vague what you want to achieve here. Perhaps you should state some games that inspired certain aspects of your game?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

So reading over your proposed game, it still seems sort of vague what you want to achieve here. Perhaps you should state some games that inspired certain aspects of your game?
HellMOO was an inspiration but then the game turned into something different completely. And the countless wave of shitty, generic shooters made us want to make our own game.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

So your making a shooter but good?
Not exactly a shooter, it's going to be more SS13ish.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

@1st post: Huh, I was wondering how soon Meshuggah will be mentioned in a thread with DrPoo and AoD. Anyway, posting to watch.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Ah, so post apoplectic LoZ-like. I can't help but notice that in the opening post there is a lot of telling people how they are going to play your game. Baaad idea, it never works out how you want it to, sometimes people enjoy it still, but if you want to forge a good experience then you should have a play style in mind.
As such, it might be wise to find a few games like yours, and play them a bit to see what sort of play style you naturally evolve. Watch a few 'Let's plays!' of those games too. Then find games that people play in the way you want them too, and figure out what aspects encourage people to play like that, then try to cross the two.

Never just assume people will do what you want them too, or like what you tell them to. You need to trick people into playing a certain way by implementing features that encourage your ideals.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile

So, what's the combat system going to be like? I'm shure it couldn't possibly be as robust as SS13's.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

So, what's the combat system going to be like? I'm shure it couldn't possibly be as robust as SS13's.
We're aiming for it to be realistic like DF's but with health.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

So...updates?  I know it's been only one day, but please, continue to share your bloodstained vision with us. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

So...updates?  I know it's been only one day, but please, continue to share your bloodstained vision with us.
Nothing has been done, yet. I'm still reading the BYOND programming guide. I'm going to try to make a health system and maybe a weapon when I've read enough of the guide. If I manage to make a weapon, health system and a victim, I'll report back with delicious screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:33:28 pm by Angel Of Death »
Pages: [1] 2