Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So.. about those Spoilers  (Read 712 times)

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So.. about those Spoilers
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:36 am »

I decided to hunt for a Demonic Fortress in Adventurer mode, fascinated by the tales of the Masterwork Adamantine weapons found at the bottom of them. I asked around until a peasant led me to a cave, from which I descended through downward passages to the bottom cavern layer. After much wandering, I ran into one, with slade pillars at least 30 levels tall, jutting out of the cavern floor and steep walls... Only one problem, I can't seem to get in. Am I out of luck here?
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: So.. about those Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 01:09:48 pm »

You'd probably have to dig around in fortress mode to find an entrance, or you might just be missing it somewhere :/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:50:29 pm »

That is one explorer. Most caves lead to the first cavern layer only and they you will have to foot it downwards through long winding passages or tunnels. Congratulations on that!

Also, if there is still a way down then find it. The entrance is mostly always on the bottommost level.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:39:20 am »

Yeah, that's what I meant. Had to find those ramp passages to get down one layer at a time. Sadly, that cavern was one of the obnoxious ones, with very steep walls that don't let me take a good look around, but from every side, I could only find those ~40z levels tall pillars. I eventually fast traveled out since I was right under a hamlet :-\
I think I'll take the easier way in and dig a way down, eventually
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.