Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Using splints?  (Read 6534 times)

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
Using splints?
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:26:32 pm »

Is it possible to use splints in adventure mode?  Dunno, my elf's broken finger doesn't ever seem to heal, so I wondered if that was the problem.
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Using splints?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:29 pm »

I don't think so

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 07:15:40 am »

Only way to fix a perma-borken finger/toe (and not die horribly from infection) is currently modding the tissue raws to let nails heal. You could always turn it back once your adventurer is out of danger, if you so desire.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:03:55 am »

Which RAW should I look through to do that?
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:24:33 am »

tissue_template_default

Find the [TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL_TEMPLATE] entry and copy paste the healing rate from any other entry, and your hero should be healed the next time you fast travel.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:26:23 am by Dyret »

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 03:36:09 pm »

I love how you can be this badass awesome adventurer.... and then die from an infected nail.......  ::)
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:42:37 pm »

Why can't nails heal in this? Nails heal a little faster than bones  ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 03:57:38 pm »

I love how you can be this badass awesome adventurer.... and then die from an infected nail.......  ::)

Infected toenails are serious shit. People even today get their leg amputated for that.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 12:46:55 pm »

Once someone opened a door I was stood behind, the bottom of it slammed right into the root of my big toe nail. The nail went black, then green, and started to chip off near the root
Eventually it fell off and I grew a new one

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 01:51:50 pm »

i spilt a finger open once,that healed up in a moth or so.
bar the fact the finger is a little bigger and has a scar its like it never happend.
so go add [HEALING_RATE:500] to make it more like RL.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:55:11 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 04:52:19 am »

i'm having a problem healing my lower body skin for some reason, it doesn't tell me exactly whats wrong but it is in my health window and shows up dark yellow on my guy in the status window.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 05:53:36 am »

That's probably just regular scarring. If it is, it should say so in your character's description.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 06:35:25 am »

oh possibly, i'll check.

yea, "tiny straight scar" i dont think that should show up in health or make the lower body in my stat[z] show up in dark yellow tho, kinda makes me think i'm hurt or somethin tho i know thats not gunna happen any time soon with how i cleave every monster i see in half/remove there head, my collection is in the triple digits now i'm sure.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:40:19 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 11:34:35 pm »

Once someone opened a door I was stood behind, the bottom of it slammed right into the root of my big toe nail. The nail went black, then green, and started to chip off near the root
Eventually it fell off and I grew a new one

girl i know dropped something heavy on her foot. toe broken, toenail all messed up. toenail did not heal properly for years till she went to a decent podiatrist (doctor specializing in feet) he said the incompetent attentions being paid to her toenail had been innefective, and that there were now little cysts of infected bone all around her foot. she had to have the joints in her big toe opened up and cleaned, and aparently without modern medical care the toe would likely have turned gangrenous and she would have died given time. if an infection gets into your bones, it may not heal right ever, even with modern antibiotics it seems. so DF is not that far off sometimes in its craziness.

regardless, i really wish dwarf fortress just had a placeholder doctor or barber surgeon in most big towns, whom you could just dump a load of money on to have all your fixeable injuries repaired. toady has devnotes for first aid and adventure mode health care, but without that stuff in place its agonizing to lose a mighty adventurer due to a smashed toe or broken finger.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 02:37:16 am »

The terror and anxiety when you realise that your Legendary +++++ adventurer just got his nail smashed and you wonder if you'll get an infection before anything can be done...
Pages: [1] 2