Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Trade depot fatal error  (Read 457 times)

Cyrgo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[38c] Trade depot fatal error
« on: March 06, 2008, 06:21:00 am »

I've built a fort with a trade depot on the surface surrounded by walls on three sides (with an open path for the traders to come in and trapped for invaders). The access to the rest of the fort (where all the stockpiles are) is separated by a couple of doors.

The fatal error (with the "notify Microsoft" pop-up and CTD) happened when some elven traders arrived and I tried to enter the trading goods list ('q'+'g').

This error repeated on three different reloads until I remembered that I had both doors to my fort locked and sealed ('l'+'o'). When I opened them, the crash was avoided.

I don't know if it's important or not, but my fort is on a featureless glacier (no trees, no river, no magma vent, no hills)

MarmaN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Trade depot fatal error
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:35:00 am »

I had a very similair fatal error when my depot was blocked off by raised bridges and I tried to bring items to depot.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:48:00 pm »

Do you still have a save where the fortress is configured to crash?  That would make fixing this very easy.

toadyone@bay12games.com or somewhere downloadable
region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z
any new objects that were added to the raw folder

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Cyrgo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 05:45:00 am »

I made progress on that fort, so no, I don't have the save previous to the crash. Nevertheless, I'll try to recreate the crash on the same map and when the next caravan comes to trade.

I started a new fort with the same trade depot/locked doors disposition and the crash repeats.  I mailed you the zipped folder (~2MB).

In the end, the bug is not that harmful because it can be avoided by making sure that your dwarves (or maybe stockpiles) have access to the depot. At least this is what seems to be happening.

[ March 07, 2008: Message edited by: Cyrgo ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »

All right, I've got the save and I'll take a look at some point.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 05:04:00 am »

Okay, this is fixed for next time.  I'm surprised it wasn't caught a long time ago, since the relevant code is old and it just needed to have no items available to trigger.  Perhaps a lot of the nebulous depot crashes from the past will go away with this fix.