Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 85

Author Topic: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)  (Read 180479 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort Thing
« Reply #300 on: November 17, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »

Could you redwarf me too? I'd prefer a close-combat dwarf this time. Or, if my previous one had any family, one of them would be good.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:19 am »

Do not let Oceanbridge die, little man! It must continue!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:48 am »

We must complete the Bridge!!!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:13 am »

((Fear not! I was just working on a small update.))

From the Journals of Aban Brothertreaties:

Well, when things go wrong, it seems like they continue to do so, in a variety of interesting ways. (That’s practically a law, I think.) Zulban, one of the woodcutters just beat Jacen so badly that he needs medical care, which would be possible if the hospital beds weren’t already full to overflowing...

I managed to get a few words in with the mayor, who is still looking a bit shaky.  How is he going to deal with all if this? By banning the export of bronze things, he says.

I know, I don’t know. Again, I’m in my office. It’s safe here.

With Derm dead, Bayar had been left in command of the army of Oceanbridge, such as it was. At least he had two new recruits... sort of.

“So, were recruitin’ you two to replace Derm and Ishar, and you say your names are... Ishar and Derm?”

The dwarf calling himself Ishar spoke first “Ishar was my wife, you see, sir. The way I see it, I’m taking her name in honor of her, and to show her killers what happens when you mess with a Graspingmetal!"

“I see. And Derm?”

Derm nodded.

Next: More Miasma and Misery, Less Alliteration.

((Ok, now you can go back to fearing. This fortress is still doomed. More to come!))

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2011, 09:39:37 am »

Oh. These invaders are nuisance! Lets make traps and get beck to the Project!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »

((Ok, now you can go back to fearing. This fortress is still doomed. More to come!))
Nah, everything is well now. We have my unquestionably weak dwarf to sort things out.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »

I want to get dorfed as a medical dwarf. Named kingfisher.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:25 pm »

The problem isn't the siege. That's annoying, but nothing new.

The problem is that right now, there's a new tantrum starting every couple of seconds. That's the sort of thing that leads to circumstances going downhill very quickly... and we're already so far down that we're below sea level (I know, that doesn't make sense.)

This might be difficult to recover from.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:54 am »

You could seal off some sane dwarfs in a small, self-sustaining part of the fort, and let the others do their thing. If they surive the tantrum spiral, good. If not, you still have an elite survivor team.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2011, 10:49:40 am »

From the Notes of Lokum Gemkiss, Mayor of Oceanbridge

Rioting. Rioting in the damn streets. By the queen, I wish I understood has gone wrong in this hellhole. I have tried my very best to maintain a sense of order and decency here, but every day, things only get worse.

Not just chairs over turned; some fool knocked over a floodgate in the lower levels

and the ensuing deluge lead to the death of a blacksmith named Ferrus.

And all this time, garbage rots in the halls, filling our lungs with a foul smell that is impossible to escape.

I should have gone with my instincts when I first arrived, and had this place condemned, and started anew in some other, more hospitable land. But we have no choice now. I am enacting measures, which, though I am sure will be no more popular then my previous edicts, should ensure the survival of some. I do not know if I will be among them. Let this tablet serve as a record of my end, if I am not.

((The plot thickens? What? Yes, there is a plot! Sort of...))

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2011, 09:29:27 pm »

Put me on the list for Dwarfing please.
Name: Neo
Profession: Any military(melee), but preferably a lasher if you have any whips from enemies.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2011, 03:20:48 am »

Short story: everybody died ?

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2011, 08:12:08 am »

We must do the correct dwarf thing. We will not bury out comrades, and instead impale them on the surface like Vlad the Impaler, so our enemies will fear. After that, we break through Adamantine, and we use our traps to defeat the forces of evil. Then, we will enter the circus, and build a massive fort there and take everything we can with us to last forever! Oh, and seal the exit/entrance. Migrants will be forced to stay in the decay of the old fort. They will finish the bridge, while we make a new bridge in the depths of the world.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2011, 09:19:40 am »

We must do the correct dwarf thing. We will not bury out comrades, and instead impale them on the surface like Vlad the Impaler, so our enemies will fear. After that, we break through Adamantine, and we use our traps to defeat the forces of evil. Then, we will enter the circus, and build a massive fort there and take everything we can with us to last forever! Oh, and seal the exit/entrance. Migrants will be forced to stay in the decay of the old fort. They will finish the bridge, while we make a new bridge in the depths of the world.
I tend to approve this, but don't think we can afford it...

Make The Unruffled Core Shelter, with food and drinks, lock there the most cam and friendless citizens, and exile the others to the battlefield!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2011, 10:01:52 am »

Short story: everybody died ?

Yeah, basically this. I can write up a big update detailing the fort's rapid descent into madness. But until then:

Basically, two options. Hold out for migrants, or abandon, reclaim.

Bah.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 85