Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85

Author Topic: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)  (Read 177069 times)

IcepickTrotsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort Thing
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2011, 03:41:07 am »

Balnash's Scribblings

Well it was a nasty fight up there this time. The gobbos musta sent some o'their damn finer fighters down here to stop us from buildin' this damn bridge, 'cause they knocked Derm out, and damned if that don't scare the crap outta most dwarves! I gotta admit, I was damned scared m'self, but seein' them just toyin' with his body down there made me sick to m'stomach. I showed 'em what for after that! Took a lot outta me, but they told me I was a blur out there, m'spear separatin' goblin limb from goblin body. I hope I did enough, but them damn gobbos'll be back. They always are.

...I need a drink.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:19 pm »

Waitin' on the update. Maybe we can capture the capra demons?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2011, 10:09:19 am »

Technically, they ARE captured, as in locked away in a giant swimming pool.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2011, 10:39:57 am »

Am I still alive? If so, war pondgrabbers.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »

((Ok, apparently I haven't got the time or energy for a big update, at least not now. Nevertheless, something important may have happened))

Investigating a Death, Early Spring 195

“And you found her lying face down on the surface. No one else was around, right? And you didn’t see anything like, say, signs of a struggle?” Hamlet

The cook who’d reported finding the body, who also happened to be the cook she'd once had beat, glared at her and then shook his head. “No, Captain. Just found her up by the battle site. Looks like someone hit her pretty hard on the head, or something. You'd know better than me. You done looking? The mayor doesn't want this body lyin' around. Unsanitary and all."

Hamlet nodded, and watched as Shina’s body was carried away.

She’d had to take notes on this one; thus far she knew that:

1.   Shina had been wounded in the battle, but not badly. Scientist had reported a broken wrist.
2.   She had not been seen in the fortress for some weeks. People tended to avoid Shina, so this was normal.
3.   Shina was dead.
4.   That... that’s it.

Hamlet sighed and put her notebook away. Justice was meant to be easy. It was, at least when people had the decency to commit their crimes out in the open. This one looked like a mystery, though. What had ever happened to manners?

((This was the first death for a named dwarf, for those who are keeping track.))

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2011, 04:29:49 pm »

probably a starvation as the dorfs ignored her existance :/
usualy keep one or two idle 24/7 in medical to prevent this personaly.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2011, 06:59:48 am »

Wasn't she queens nephew?
1.Shina had been wounded in the battle, but not badly. Scientist had reported a broken wrist.
Does this mean she was healed after battle?
Also I guess the death of marksdwarf who killed FB in fortress is also unsolved yet?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2011, 09:49:20 am »

From the Journals of Aban Brothertreaties, Mid-Spring 195

Well, I’m not sure what’s going to happen with Shina and everything. On the one hand, she was the Queen’s niece. On the other hand, the Queen sent her here, which kind of says that she didn’t like her much. One the other hand, the Queen is... a little mad. On the other hand... I’ve run out of hands, never mind.

Hamlet told me she’d investigating the death, and Cog’s besides. She says that she wants to “find out who’s been hurting all my boys.” Well, that sounds odd, but I wished her luck. We all need it, I think.

Some Notes From Spring, 195

Two goblins tried to interrupt Karakzon as he took a well-deserved break by the seaside. He let them know that he was not pleased.

Two goblins remained trapped in near the depot. Di was entertaining herself by launching boulders at them.

She figured one of them would hit eventually

The hospital was filled with the scent of blood and the sound of screams. Scientist was hard at work. Though the screaming was less from the operations, and more due to the fact that he’d been reading the book “Healing with Laughter”. There are some horrors that even a dwarf shouldn't have to face.

For Turk, Kogut, Person and Nerev, nothing much changed. Even during the worst days of the attack, they were down in the forges, crafting steel. Well, someone had to keep working.

Nix had joined Karakzon in throwing a party. It had started as a way to celebrate yet another victory, (kind of), had become a festival in honor of Oceanbridge, and eventually just morphed into a party for the sake of partying. Most of the long term partiers had forgotten even that reason.

Nix was calling it a success.

Gary Featherlog had found a new animal to tame.

Soon Oceanbridge’s enemies would know what it was like to face a raging war giraffe. As soon as he figured out how to keep the thing from bumping its head on the ceiling constantly.

Derm had recovered, and then some.

And he had a new weapon.

Things were going to change.

((Gah. This is what happens when you don’t keep track of your adamantine))

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2011, 10:17:00 am »

What was Jacen doing all this time?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2011, 10:59:50 am »

Gah, my first dorfing ended in a mysterious manner. Granted my choice of an insane noble kind of makes it not matter to anyone in the fort, but at least it was interesting. Welp, now that we've lost our first named dwarf there's no reason I can't take you all with me! Muhahaha.

Great work btw, can't wait to get work on the bridge continued
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2011, 11:07:36 am »

The capra demons are still trapped in the flooded room, right?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2011, 01:31:12 pm »

I read that as "menaces with spikes of adamantine and pain".  I'm still recovering in the hopsital, right?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2011, 01:58:11 pm »

Good job here.
By the way, you could dump stones right in the middle tile of catapult if you don't mind exploits. Bad news though my original plan for firing balista arrows on fire won't work: while flying projectiles are in the limbo just like falling creatures.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2011, 02:03:27 pm »

damnble goblins playing with MY waves.
basterds.
-grumbles, grabs a beer keg and goes to start a party with Nix using his latest goblin kills head as a cup... well, after he got one of the crafters to clean it up a bit-
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:41 pm »

Hamlet sighed and put her notebook away. Justice was meant to be easy. It was, at least when people had the decency to commit their crimes out in the open. This one looked like a mystery, though. What had ever happened to manners?
Well, you know what they say. It's only bad manners...
8)
If you get caught.
Nix had joined Karakzon in throwing a party. It had started as a way to celebrate yet another victory, (kind of), had become a festival in honor of Oceanbridge, and eventually just morphed into a party for the sake of partying. Most of the long term partiers had forgotten even that reason.
Guess you might say it was a...
8)
Revel without a cause.

(Whoever got Hamlet those obsidian spectacles is regretting it already...)

Awesome updates, varnish!
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85