Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85

Author Topic: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)  (Read 180593 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort (.34.02!)
« Reply #765 on: March 02, 2012, 03:13:27 pm »

You're saying NONE of the actual soldiers is brutally injured? How is that possible?
Also, doctors are for pussies.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 05, 2012, 08:13:57 am »

You're saying NONE of the actual soldiers is brutally injured? How is that possible?
Also, doctors are for pussies.

Guess who ain't getting life-saving surgery once the doc shows up. :P

(Oh come now, people, we can't let this thread sink! Make with the chatter!)
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 08, 2012, 06:04:14 pm »

Erm... anyone still alive?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 09, 2012, 02:19:17 pm »

Yeah.

Working on it again.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 09, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »

Yeah.

Working on it again.

Glad to hear it. Also have I been redorfed yet? If not then I'll be Scientist mk. III and be a doctor as usual.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 10, 2012, 09:09:01 am »

((Back at it! Again. And again.))

From the Memoirs of Wilberforce Amber Ropenourished

Surgery, I've been told, is an art, and like most arts, amateurs tend to make a complete mess of it. That said, I'm sure that Dimage De'So On and so forth will live. How much she wants to right now I wouldn't like to say. Rushmik's been operated on as well, and he's not happy at all.

Poor fellow's been shouting about how "all doctors are butchers", and so on. Unfair, I'd say. While this particular doctor is, in fact, a butcher by trade, it's still a slander to call all of them butchers.

In no relation to that, it seems that the Great Disaster, whatever it may have been, did nothing to change our naming habits here. I met a dwarf called Fishybang today. I can't even begin to imagine what that means.

The one called Essen seems more sensible. Sensible in her name choice, at least.

Of note is the fact that both of them are fairly skilled warriors. Seems like most of the dwarfs around here are. Well, I'm not about to complain!

Next: More Migrants!

((Anyone interested in me trying dwarf background stories again?))

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 10, 2012, 03:17:42 pm »

If you need a dwarven corpse to draw inspiration from, Slime's always there for you. All sorts of fascinating stuff to pull from that bridge-fondling bastard her.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 10, 2012, 04:54:54 pm »

background stories are always interesting especially does of bureaucrats involved in witch huntings hint hint

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 11, 2012, 09:20:53 am »

((I'll get some of those done, then! As soon as I work through the backlog of events. FUN is happening.))

From the Memoirs of Wilberforce Amber Ropenourished

Our Militia Commander, Dermonster, died today.

That's a sunny start to a new chapter of these memoirs, isn't it, readers? Well, if you've read so far, then I have no doubt you've become hardened to reports of death and destruction. "A dwarf had his brains smeared over the landscape by a horrifying creature from beyond the grave?" You say? "How tiresome."

Nevertheless.

There was only one witness to the incident, so it is difficult to report what happened accurately. It appears that Dermonster chased a skeletal harpy away from the fortress, which was quite sensible.

However, while out on the beach he came across another pair of undead ogres, and, rather than run back to safety, he felt he had to fight both of the monsters on his own.

The results were gruesome, but inevitable.

The witness was the oddly named Slime. She seems to be taking it well, but I know from experience what one death can do to a fortress.

I did not try to comfort her by mentioning that her friend might be back some time soon, in some way. Not sure she would understand, and of course he may come back as a hideous monstrosity, which probably wouldn't be all that comforting.

Next: Story Time!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:33:37 am by varnish »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 11, 2012, 09:43:01 am »

*Random migrant has been possessed by the spirit of Dermonster!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 11, 2012, 10:19:23 am »

Machinery never turns undead!!! We should base our defences on it. I have plenty of ideas that definitely would work, but nobody listens to my glorious projects... And look where it led our poor Oceanbridge!

I think we should concentrate on guarded entrance zone of Bridge instead of Bridge itself. Glass discs/ball/spikes traps, glass terrariums and so on. Hordes of hostile invaders are bad, and it's much worse when invaders are undead!

Do we have some evil clouds here, btw?

Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 11, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »

What about the traders? Try burying him under the ocean. It's neutral, right?

Diary of DI-IV:
Somewhen in Felsite.
Damned undead, they've outsmarted Derm, used his passion for fighting against him. Those beasts are up to something, it's like they have a plan. They're not going to stop until they slay us all. But we'll see who's gonna laugh in the end.
In the meantime, someone should prepare a coffin for Derm as he's going to come back soon, it'd be so nice of him to save dragging his dead body back here, if only he hauled his weapons back as well...
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 13, 2012, 05:05:27 pm »

There are no evil clouds.

On vacation right now, so... spotty updates. I know, that's nothing new.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:36 pm »

((OK. I GOT THIS.))

Getting Things Straight, Part One:

From the Memoirs of Wilberforce Ambrose Ropenourished

Another month brings another group of migrants, readers. New Oceanbridge appears to be the only thing going around here, which is a rather bleak thought, come to think it. The migrants were, with one exception, unremarkable, but that one exception was remarkable enough for all of them.

I didn't recognize the fellow at first, what with him now looking like a ragged old dwarf who had been ground up under a millstone for a decade or so, but after a day or two, I came to realize that the dwarf I was looking at was none other than Remalle! It did help that I overheard him introduce himself as "Remalle", I admit. These things always do.

Here, I saw, was an opportunity. If there was anyone who could explain the fate of Oceanbridge, and our world, it was Remalle. He had been there for the fall, and, quite clearly, had lived through it. He may have been the only one, though I am not surprised. The man is a survivor. I would need to approach him with caution, and tact, of course. Subtlety would be my watchword. After all, it had been some time since our last meeting, and who could tell what had happened in the meantime?

Apart from him, of course.

Our conversation began in the dining hall, and was somewhat brief. In its entirety, it went:

"Remalle, my boy! You crafty old bastard, I knew you'd still be alive! It's me, Wilberforce! Remember, from the old days of-"

His reply interrupted me, and came in the form of a mumbled "Oh dear gods no..." He looked rather wild eyed, and before I could continue my introduction, he had left the room. The man moves quite fast, too. Up from the table and gone, just like that! Fortunately, it's a small fort, and tracking him down shouldn't be much trouble. I may have to enlist some aid, first, however...

((I am getting the story and the fort and everything together in my head. That's what this is about. Trying to make myself less confused. Hopefully it's not too dull.))

Argelflirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 20, 2012, 09:06:24 pm »

excuse me but may i be dorfed?
name:Argel
profession:preferably soldier or miner (soldier first)
Welcome to MyLife!
 We have sucky shakes and other wonderful sh$t!
 Oh, and you get no service.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85