Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 85

Author Topic: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)  (Read 180478 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort Thing
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

Hold on!
let the tantrumers put the last brick into Bridge before they go crazy.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2011, 10:41:59 am »

Awaiting the update of Heavy Weapons guy.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 23, 2011, 01:22:59 pm »

some fool knocked over a floodgate in the lower levels
wait, why would we have a floodgate separating the main fort from aquifer or ocean?
As for reclaim, I usually do not, but considering that fortress is going to be considered death trap, it may solve migration problem.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 23, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

If you have the patience and the ability to hold out for migrants by keeping the least upset citizens separated from the tantrumers I would. I would also remove the captain of the guard and fortress guard if you have one, as I find they simply make the problem worse, when they kill another dwarf. Maybe remove all labors but hauling from the sanest ones and make the others all non-haulers, then have the sane ones bring all of your food and necessities to a burrow they are assigned to?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2011, 05:05:06 pm »

Short story: everybody died ?

Yeah, basically this. I can write up a big update detailing the fort's rapid descent into madness. But until then:

Basically, two options. Hold out for migrants, or abandon, reclaim.

Bah.

Could you post a death toll of named dwarfs until the real updblablabla, to the point: did my new guy make it?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:02 pm »

Is scientist still alive and having a good time or has he finally given up on his positive outlook and started trying to rip apart everyone within 200 miles of him?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2011, 07:30:41 pm »

I vote to hold out as long as possible. If the fortress crumbles to its end, then a reclaim may be in order, but until then: we will fight in the shade.

Although, the notion of a Part II wherein poor, put-upon Aban has to go in and reclaim Oceanbridge now that it is swarming with ghosts, demon zombie goats and crazy pick-wielding dwarves hiding in the shadows is pretty hilarious, regardless of the method by which it comes about.

Also, I think if we were badass enough to conquer Hell we wouldn't be having these problems in the first place. :P

Also also, I'll bet Hamlet is beating people to death with her cheese-hammer of justice. For their own good.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2011, 09:24:08 pm »

Oh well, even with full candy armor, we would not be able to match hell in a straight-forward meatgrinder of the century. Believe me, snow clowns have overtaken my best candy clad warriors. Thats why traps are needed to kill them, because they REALLY suck against a clever trap or two.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2011, 09:30:36 pm »

((Guys... I haven't written an update because every time I open up the fort it sinks ever deeper into a stygian abyss of horror and despair. And frankly it's depressing me. Here is a part of the events.))

An Endless Chain of Disasters: Notes from the Historian

The sky turned blood red, the ocean waves ran thick with pus, and giraffes walked backwards. Great and terrible were the omens that probably happened, heralding the end of Oceanbridge.

The Madness fell first on Kogut, a harmless metalsmith. He went into a deep melancholy, and could not be awakened from it, not for hunger or thirst.

A child followed, but the child’s Madness took a different form. He ran at others, baying and screaming in some strange tongue, trying to kill any who came near. As a child, he was not very effective, but still. Terrifying.

The maceman Bayar kept the child from harming any who were near

but after that, it was if a floodgate had been opened.

Actually, a floodgate had been opened, but that was a minor problem.

And it spread just like a flood. A different flood, though. A flood of madness. Dwarfs who had previously been “maybe just... sad” soon ran through the halls, babbling and tearing off their clothing.

Gary Featherlog, who had watched as his beloved pets were torn apart by a Mad brewer, soon joined that dwarf, both in madness and in death.

None of this prepared the masses of Oceanbridge for the crime that followed. A gem setter commited a murder most foul

and carried the corpse back to his lair, and fashioned his unfortunate victim into a glove.

And the madness continued to spread.

Next: An End, Maybe.

((That's one month. One month.))

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2011, 11:39:47 pm »

Luckily we didn't get any military berserkers!

BTW, is Gar stil alive and well?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2011, 11:55:19 pm »

Am I still half-dead in the hospital?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 24, 2011, 02:40:53 am »

What about me? Can you post happiness overview from DT? 
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 24, 2011, 04:05:42 am »

YES ! Mace goes into the baby head ! ALL HAIL RAKUST !!!

((Guys... I haven't written an update because every time I open up the fort it sinks ever deeper into a stygian abyss of horror and despair. And frankly it's depressing me. Here is a part of the events.))

Sounds like Dwarf Fortress to me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:07:41 am by bayar »

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 24, 2011, 05:24:02 am »

I love this fort.  Let it burn through. The survivors are always traumatized and hardened for anything. If possible, please  dwarf traumatized survivor as Colonel Kurtz and make him/her doctor/sheriff (assuming both doctor and sheriff die)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 24, 2011, 06:55:31 am »

Heavy weapons guy will survive, and put down little crying baby-men. But its too epic to stop updating though.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 85