Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85

Author Topic: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)  (Read 176877 times)

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

It lives! Could I get a reanimation? I can't imagine being a ghost is a pleasant experience.

Excerpt from the Etherial Memoirs of Nathail, Animal Trainer, Soldier, and Ghost of Oceanbridge

...I think I've been a ghost too long. I don't remember... Things. I can't remember what I don't remember. All I remember is that I don't remember things. I can remember a few defining life moments pretty clearly. I remember being born (I really wish I didn't remember being born). I remember when I was three and got my first taste of Sunshine. I remember when I was twelve, and that stray dog I'd been feeding ripped Ulvarist Donkeyhole's hand off when he went berserk and punched me. I remember when the first lion I trained flopped down at my feet instead of snarling. I remember coming to Oceanbridge. I remember... Something about not making a hatch I did make but couldn't remember making but still made? Weird. I remember dying for the first time. I remember coming back to life. I remember getting drafted. I remember falling off the Bridge, trading blows with a goblin... There are other moments, but it's all too fuzzy. I need to come back to life again. Too much of me is fading.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there will be another update. The game just runs so. slow. I guess my question is... how complete should count as complete for the bridge, do you think?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

So there will be another update. The game just runs so. slow. I guess my question is... how complete should count as complete for the bridge, do you think?
Complete enough for something to run across it and eat a dorf.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile

Walk-able from shore to shore without jumping being needed at any point. Both ways.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Wide enough to moonwalk from one shore to the other.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Finished the walkway fully. The snazzy stuff isn't required.

Another thing could be it's wide enough to fit a caravan
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

Why not a 2 caravan-width lane bridge with a central divider? DF wagons just phase through eachother by magic, but it'd be like it would have to be IRL.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Why not a 2 caravan-width lane bridge with a central divider? DF wagons just phase through eachother by magic, but it'd be like it would have to be IRL.

How wide is the bridge again at the base? 5 or 6 wide?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wide enough for a caravan to cross both ways, but also with little minecart trams on either side for pedestrians...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

How 'bout "wider than it is long"?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile

How 'bout "wider than it is long"?

NO!!! ::)
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

It is necessary of course to make marksdwarf pillboxes along the bridge so enemy advances can be combated at any point.

.... building a device to blow the bridge is good too.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You're all mad. Also, the bridge is five blocks wide in the main span, with one block wide fortifications on either side, and a double row of green glass windows. Only the main span is almost there, obviously.

Also, you're all mad.))

From the Journals of Aban Brothertreaties:

So, we failed to meet the mayor's demands (Surprise!), and he's sentenced two innocent people to over one hundred days in prison.

Normally you'd think, "Oh, what a disaster!", But after ten years of insane mayors, I'm prepared. I've got it covered. I've told the mayor that the prison is flooded (which it is) and that we'll have to wait until it drains before we can imprison them. I'm not making a big effort on getting that done, of course. The man seems fine with that for now, I mean... Well, he's now demanding that we make a "fine pewter sampo", whatever that is, but that's something to worry about another day.

I guess it's always possible he might demand we throw those two into the flooded prison anyway. I'll worry about that another time too. Only one worry at once.

Like why Remalle and Riczo and Ishar have just come out of the tunnel screaming about goblins. See, that's a good worry for right now.

Next: Other Things to Worry About

((Naithal will be in the next update. I'ma try to do a quick run of very short updates, get things moving))

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, an update: Oceanbridge is basically broken. I'm not sure what I did, but the game crashed when I try to load the save. I have a backup, I think, but it's old. And... to be honest, with this, and with personal stuff, I don't think I can go from there.

I've got an idea for maybe finishing the story off in adventure mode, or just starting over when the new dwarf fortress version is released, or doing something else altogether. I don't know yet. Maybe nothing.

I'll keep trying to get it to work, of course. That's all.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Well,  Oceanbridge survived all catastrophes till finally The CyberApocalypse happen.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85