Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85

Author Topic: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)  (Read 180443 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)
« Reply #1185 on: September 26, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »

How soon is "soon"? ???
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

• Bay Watcher
  • 10^9
    • View Profile

From the journal of Billon, Weaponsmith:

More mandates involving obscure metals. What is "cutlery" and "flatware" anyway? I wonder if the mayor is sane enough to tell the difference between cutlery and flat strips of fine pewter.
I hear there has been a lot of fighting aboveground so I guess I should be happy that I'm still underground where you only encounter the occasional cave monster. The only time I have ever held a weapon was the time I was sent to cut down some trees and I almost cut both my legs off.
I wonder if there is any cassiterite lying around this fort, if not then I guess it will be time to sift through the trash heaps again.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:58:27 am by 1000000000 »

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

Excerpt from the Memoirs of Nathail, Animal Trainer and Ghost of Oceanbridge

...So, things have been happening. That mayor ordered Fine Pewter cutlery, and whilst I'm certainly no metallurgist, I do know we have bugger all pewter here. We did get a human graverobbing trading caravan, but I haven't gotten a good enough look at them to see if they brought any pewter. On the upside, the mayor's so guano insane that I doubt he'll remember the mandate. And if he does, the punishment'll probably just be death.

I've been chatting with a few of the older, more coherent ghosts, and apparently death doesn't really stick around here. I can't get anyone to tell me how to go about reversing the process. One of them muttered something about descendants, but I couldn't get him to expound upon it. In any case, we got some migrants. Somehow. Maybe one of them is my descendant...

Good to see Oceanbridge is still alive-ish. Don't suppose we have an unclaimed animal trainer roaming somewhere? I'd like to get redorfed. Ghost Nathail misses booze.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((See what happens when I use the word soon? Never again))

What's Happening in Oceanbridge? Guess

Neo didn't know what had possessed the newly promoted militia captain. Maybe she was feeling overconfident, or maybe she thought that her newborn baby would be adequate protection against a rampaging goblin axeman.

Maybe she'd been very briefly inhabited by the spirit of Derm, the legendary Soul Chopper. If so...

"She didn't have his skills, and she's now down a hand, an infant, and a head. So we need a new captain for her squad. That's you, uh..." He waited for the newest new recruit to give his name.

The new recruit answered, after about a minute too long for such a simple question. "I'm Naithal, I think. I'm sorry that I sound so uncertain... I believe that I just came back from the dead."

Oh, Neo thought. That explained it. "Ok, yes. I understand. Take a minute, I know how you feel. But listen, if you've come back, you've must have a good reason. And that reason is finishing that bridge."

"I don't know if-"

"And we need to kill every goblin out there to do that. So welcome back, Captain Naithal."

"Thank you, I think."

Next: Much Ado About Ghosts and Silverware

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

FROM THE DIARY OF MAYOR OH BELGIUM THAT ELEPHANT LOOKS HUNGRY

I really need to stop it with these paper aeroplanes. It's so amusing to throw them at people in the middle of a battle, but it's doing more harm than good at the moment. Hmm, what to do...

WAR ANIMALS! They shall be taught to urinate on the deceased! I must mandate this at once!

GOOD DAY, DIARY!
-Oh belgium that elephant looks hungry

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the Journals of Aban Brothertreaties

A bit of a milestone today, and a good one at that. We've started building the bridge again! Well, the sides of it, anyway. All of these glass windows lying uselessly in every single corner of the fort are finally, finally going up. I'm astonished that none of them were ever broken during all of the chaos, honestly. But something is going right for once.

But, of course, there's got to be something to balance out the good news. And that's the fact that Neo was badly injured while protecting our builders, because the wonderful mayor has everyone out looking for... spoons, I think.

I thought this one was a harmless madman, but now... Well, there's nothing to be done about it now. Neo's not dead, or a ghost, and he looks like he will recover.

And, with ghosts in mind, I've got to talk to Remalle. He's finished the tunnel, and that means that he's not busy. And I've got a plan. Hopefully I'll still be here to record the results when I'm done. It's not certain.

Next: A Plan

((i realize writing this that i'm completelt exhausted, so it's probably full of spelling mistakes and whatnot. i can't even tell, i can't even read it clearly. good night.))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

FROM THE DIARY OF MAYOR OH BELGIUM THAT ELEPHANT LOOKS HUNGRY

Why am I looking for spoons?

GOOD DAY, DIARY!
-Oh belgium that elephant looks hungry

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

Excerpt from the Journal of Nathail, Animal Trainer and Militia Captain of Oceanbridge

It's happened. Well, two "It"s have happened. First, I got resurrected somehow. Well, maybe resurrected is the wrong word; I don't look like me. I don't feel like me either. At least, I think I don't. I've spent a good while not being anyone, so I'm going on memory. Still, I could swear I used to be taller...

The other "It" is that I've been drafted. Weaponry has never been my thing. 'S why I train animals. A well-trained bear will kill what you tell it to, but will never lay a claw on you. A sword kills whatever it hits. Ah well, it can't be too bad. I mean, the last Captain only got her hand severed, and I can live without a hand. In any case, I'm alive again. Time to go get drunk.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

- If no building destroyers come here to wreak chaos, we'll finish that mapma pump stack in a year!
Maybe we should make a Warm Welcome at the entrance? I mean, a line of pumps that pour magma shower on the grates and cycle it over. When migrants or caravans show up - the shower turns off.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile

Please dorf me as Koter. If there are no engravers available, then a soldier would be preferrable.
Thanks!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanbridge - A Fortress Defense Community Fort: Reclaimed, Again! (And Again)
« Reply #1195 on: November 15, 2013, 02:54:09 am »

So, I guess I have to admit that I'm probably not going to be able to finish this in the foreseeable future. I've been dealing with some pretty bad mental health issues for the past year or so, which I think I mentioned before. Things are slowly getting better! But it's a fight, and I just don't have time for much else.

That's all, thank you.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 15, 2013, 02:59:24 am »

All right, that was Fun place to live.
Could you post the save, just in case someone wants to continue?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 15, 2013, 03:42:32 am »

No varnish, thank you.  Feel better, dude.  We'll wait as long as it takes.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 15, 2013, 08:15:42 am »

Good luck! Even though I was never brought in, this fortress was an epic tale that I enjoyed.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 18, 2013, 12:35:36 am »

Those were nice messages to hear.

So, I made this timeline, because I was trying to think over the timeline of the story in my head. It's not an update, but maybe it makes things make sense? Either that, or makes me look like a crazy person. Either way, here:

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85