Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138374 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 5
« Reply #615 on: November 08, 2011, 12:57:13 pm »

Just because you spent half a day weaving asspulls doesn't make them true. Your whole argument goes 'Simple's scumbuddy knew Simple was scum -> Irony got angry that you (MBP) broke the tie -> Irony must be scum because he must have known that Simple was scum'. Mind conjuring up some more convincing arguments?

hey Dari, how about actually posting all my argument rather than the freak monstrosity you seem to have understood. I'll use your formatting, so it can enter your tiny helmetted head.

Simple Scumbuddy knew he was scum (duh) -> Simple is on the chopping block -> If they don't help him (getting a mislynch or a tie) they are idiots, and shot themself in the foot ->If they help, then they most vote for Toaster , hoping he get lynched instead of their buddy ->
4 vote on toasty, simple flipped, max flipped town. 2 other voters, 2 scum left. Is it so complicated ?

There are corrolaries, for exemple that even if getting a tie expose one of the scum, they are still winning compared to letting simple die.

Stay passive != don't vote. What I wanted to know was why did you put Irony's name in red even though you knew it wasn't going to have any effect. What did I get? A beautiful overreaction.

Over-reaction, naaaah. I feel entirely justified when the people i am talking to are being idiotic. There is no good reason not to vote. There was never and never will be. Voting is how you win a game, counting on power roles give scum a easy win. I don't remember where ive read that (possibly on mafia wiki) ''if town is allowed to keep a note of the votes, the town should win 90% of the time''.  Seriously.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 5
« Reply #616 on: November 08, 2011, 08:08:17 pm »

The Counting Stones
NativeForeigner: Toaster
IronyOwl: Jack AT, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Jack AT: IronyOwl
NUKE9.13: Dariush, NativeForeigner, Jim Groovester
Toaster: NUKE9.13

The arguments fly and many remarks about this or that Elder's suitability for Chief is called into question. But at the end, when the counting stones are laid out, it is apparent that NUKE9.13 is deemed unworthy to be Chief.

"Bah." He spits into the fire. "Fools, the lot of you. I'll go, of course, there is no denying the word of the council. However..." he pauses for a bit, an evil grin spreading over his face, "I have a bit of information about NativeForeigner that you might like to know. Back when the Andocka tribe visited up last year he set up a secret agreement with their trader so that he got first dibs on their furs while the rest of us got to pick through those ragged scraps we were all mad about. I'd say that rather disqualifies him from being Chief, don't you?"

Native flushes and tries to explain but everything he says seems to make him look worse. After a little bit the rest of you declare that both of them are disqualified.

Nuke barks a laugh at that. "Mess with a Bee, Native, and you get stung!"

Native grimaces. "Huh. Well, I'll have you know that the Axolotl is not so cruel. I take the long view of things. I'll prove my worthiness for chief next time."

The Spirit Walk has started. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 5
« Reply #617 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:01 pm »

It seems that Mysteriousbluepuppet has finally succumbed to the rigors of the Spirit Walk. The attendants carry him out as you shake yourselves awake.

And, as you have become accustomed,  the voice of the spirit realm echoes in your minds.

“The Moose, strong and temperamental, yet loyal and true all the same. Are you worse off without it’s strength? Time will tell.”

The echo fades. Few left. Very few. The future Chief sits amongst you. But which of you will be that Chief?

The Vote phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 6
« Reply #618 on: November 10, 2011, 04:08:56 pm »

I killed MBP last night, due to a growing suspicion of him due to his severe lack of scumhunting.

I think it's time for a mass-claim, since there is a vote-stealer, it's potentially MYLO.

For completeness:

Vigilante (Grizzly Bear)
N1:  Kill Powder Miner
N2:  !none (Blocked by Simple)
N3:  !none (Blocked by Simple), Vote Stolen
N4:  Kill Max White, redirected to Max White by Native
N5:  Kill MBP
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 10, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »

And thus i am out. Godspeed, remaining few.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:01 pm »

I'm the Owl. I am immune to all night actions.

I killed MBP last night, due to a growing suspicion of him due to his severe lack of scumhunting.

So why only after he starts getting somewhat more active?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 10, 2011, 09:04:11 pm »

Jim: Does that include kills?  If so, is there any indication that you were the reason for any failed NK attempts?

So why only after he starts getting somewhat more active?

One half day of spotty hunting does not excuse four and a half days of barely doing anything.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 10, 2011, 09:31:43 pm »

That was the very first thing I asked about it. It turns out that immunity to all night actions is immunity to all night actions, kills included.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if I've been targeted by anything or not. I'm assuming I may have foiled a few attempts just because it's me.

One half day of spotty hunting does not excuse four and a half days of barely doing anything.

So four days of doing nothing, you're leaning town, but four and a half, fuck it it's time to shoot that asshole?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 10, 2011, 10:14:43 pm »

Arguing with Irony about it drove me to look at him as a cohesive whole instead of the town read I got from his D2 action.  Ignoring that, he contributed almost no scum hunting.  I had been looking at him with blinders on, since I got a solid town read from D2.  I thought it over and went with what the rest of his gameplay was- poor.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 11, 2011, 02:35:29 am »

I'll respond to Irony and vote tomorrow (holiday, plus I want a bit of a rest after my exams), but for now, my claim: I'm a cane toad.  Because I'm patient, my vote was worthless day 1, worth one vote days 2 and 3, worth two votes for 4 and 5, and is now worth three votes.  I've finally hit my maximum vote power.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 11, 2011, 08:07:59 am »

Fuck you, Toaster. Just fuck you. There was no way for MBP to be scum after his quicklynch on D2. Fuck you.

I'm a Tasmanian Devil aka PWV. I haven't been interacted with during the nights.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 11, 2011, 09:11:17 am »

Dariush:
Fuck you, Toaster. Just fuck you. There was no way for MBP to be scum after his quicklynch on D2. Fuck you.

This is the first time you've ever said that.  In fact, this is the first time you've expressed a solid opinion of MBP's alignment that I could find.  The closest you've come is this:

Yes Dariush.
My whole argument hinges on the fact he knew he was scum, since the last 3 whole post were about how they are scumbuddies. Are you actually retarded ? 
Just because you spent half a day weaving asspulls doesn't make them true. Your whole argument goes 'Simple's scumbuddy knew Simple was scum -> Irony got angry that you (MBP) broke the tie -> Irony must be scum because he must have known that Simple was scum'. Mind conjuring up some more convincing arguments?
Any other reason why you would suggest to people not to vote ? Night message said i lost my vote, so what ? I should wait and stay passive since TODAY my vote is useless ? Ahahah, fuck no.
Stay passive != don't vote. What I wanted to know was why did you put Irony's name in red even though you knew it wasn't going to have any effect. What did I get? A beautiful overreaction.

It certainly doesn't much look like you think he's town there.  Why the change?  If you felt that way before, why not say so, especially during D3?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 11, 2011, 09:21:38 am »

Uh. Why should I expressly state who I think is town? I'll repeat someone's words from D3 and ask - why would scum use such an awesome LYLO-breaker out of blue on D2? Saying it plainly, you picked the towniest possible person to kill. Vig wouldn't do that, and we probably don't have a SK (due to the amount of kills).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:40 am »

Sounds like something I said, really.  You didn't answer my question about the change from the second quote, by the way.

Yes, his power use read town to me as well, but the rest of his play does not.  What do you have to say about that?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:48 am »

Sounds like something I said, really.  You didn't answer my question about the change from the second quote, by the way.
There was no change - I considered him town from the beginning of D3.
Yes, his power use read town to me as well, but the rest of his play does not.  What do you have to say about that?
Yes, his play was shitty, I agree. Still, there was no way whatsoever for him to be scum due to his power.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48