Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138379 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 5
« Reply #585 on: November 07, 2011, 10:23:33 am »

MBP:
My argument thus is Wifomy

Assuming

I've quoted the relevant parts of your argument there.

In any case, you're still not answering his question of whether you believe my claim or not.

Native:  Do you remember what Toaster's #1 Scumtell is?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 07, 2011, 11:06:24 am »

I think you have a night kill, and probably not scum. Vig or Sk, now it's a harder to say. Id lean SK, maybe 60% to 40% vig.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 07, 2011, 11:21:08 am »

I think you have a night kill, and probably not scum. Vig or Sk, now it's a harder to say. Id lean SK, maybe 60% to 40% vig.
If you are leaning SK on him, why don't you want to see him lynched?

What are your other suspicions besides Toaster?
Er...
Irony and Jack. Big ol' fight about nothing much, perfect way to hide in plain sight, innit?
If you told me to kill three people now and end the game, I would kill Toaster and those two. But really, it is a flimsy suspicion, not a productive one. If I had good suspicions, I would be pursuing them. But I don't. This is a very slow game, and all I got is the fact that Toaster is from a mechanical standpoint probably a SK.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 07, 2011, 11:34:11 am »

You guys sure are understanding disabled.  how about Kill Scum : Win ? Cool. Scum dead but no win ? Lynch toaster. Other reason i would prefer scum down first is that they have a vote remover(most likely) and the farther we get the more powerfull it becomes.

And to toaster. Learn what wifom is. It's implying that scum somehow want you to think something. My whole argument is showcasing the immense stupidity of anyone not voting you if they were scum, and thus that by that elimination Nuke and Irony are most likely scums. Irony angry outburst when i busted his teammate just clinch it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 07, 2011, 11:39:22 am »

More random asspull percentages. Which events contributed to your view on him and in which direction?
Irony angry outburst when i busted his teammate just clinch it.
Which again hinges upon the thought that Irony knew Simple was scum.

Finally, why are you voting if your vote doesn't count?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 07, 2011, 11:57:23 am »

Yes Dariush.
My whole argument hinges on the fact he knew he was scum, since the last 3 whole post were about how they are scumbuddies. Are you actually retarded ? 

Any other reason why you would suggest to people not to vote ? Night message said i lost my vote, so what ? I should wait and stay passive since TODAY my vote is useless ? Ahahah, fuck no.

More asspull percentage ? I don't remember using any, Might wanna get this helmet checked, probably bit too tight.

As forthe actual meaning of it:

Easy. Know he got a kill, so 50/50 Sk/Vig

Meta argument (16 player 4 scum with a vig) sounds hardly balanced for scum, So more weight on him being a Sk. 60 40 are nice round numbers. Would prefer 55-45 ?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 07, 2011, 12:01:35 pm »

The Counting Stones
NativeForeigner: Toaster
IronyOwl: Jack AT, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Jack AT: IronyOwl
NUKE9.13: Dariush, Jim Groovester
Toaster: NUKE9.13

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 07, 2011, 03:19:56 pm »

But that's what he should be doing. Even if his vote doesn't count.

The tie thing is particularly hilarious. Tell me any halfway competent scum would have tied the vote and then expected to not get lynched for it the next day. Go on, say it.

MBP broke the tie. NativeForeigner caused the tie.

I don't see your point.

Someone did screw with me last night, though I don't know who or to what effect.  Flavorwise, I was led in circles when looking for Max, but I found him eventually.

So there's a redirector around, maybe?

NUKE9.13, if Max White was a cop and got a third party result on Toaster, then why did he accuse people who attacked him (i.e., me) of chainsawing for Toaster? That's an accusation he would have had to have known to be false, so the crux of your argument that Max White got a third party inspect result on Toaster seems to fall short.

Was thinking about changing my vote, now I feel good about lynching you again.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 07, 2011, 03:38:29 pm »

Native:  Do you remember what Toaster's #1 Scumtell is?

How could I forget? I'm working on something now.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 07, 2011, 04:05:41 pm »

NUKE9.13, if Max White was a cop and got a third party result on Toaster, then why did he accuse people who attacked him (i.e., me) of chainsawing for Toaster? That's an accusation he would have had to have known to be false, so the crux of your argument that Max White got a third party inspect result on Toaster seems to fall short.
Huh.
That's a fair point. Although, I feel compelled to mention that giving a third-party SK a buddy is not something Meph wouldn't do (exty operatives). But this would still be unlikely, considering the flavour.
Augh. It certainly seems like something he would hesitate over if he had a third-party inspect on Toaster.
Ah, screw it. Mine is the only vote on toaster, and no one else seems to be changing their minds any time soon. I still reckon based on power accountancy and gut hunch that Toaster is a SK. Even without Max, I believe this. But I doubt anyone else will be converting to my cause any time soon.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 07, 2011, 04:25:24 pm »

Dariush:

Why didn't you care when I did it?

I think it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.  Even if it doesn't count for the lynch, it still counts to show who his main suspect is.

MBP:  You said your argument was WIFOMY, then you say that I need to learn what WIFOM is when I quote that?  That doesn't make any sense at all.

Jim:  Hm.  It's possible there's a redirector and said person redirected me to Max, but somehow I would think someone else would have mentioned getting redirected by this point.

[Theorycrafting ahoy] My personal opinion on lack of second nightkill is that scum also targeted Max.  If that's true, then it almost certainly wouldn't be a scum redirector.  If it was a scum redirector, they wouldn't kill me so that they could use me as a second kill.  If that was true, it wouldn't make much sense for them to use it on the same person they killed themselves.[/theorycrafting]

Anyone:  Can anyone back up the existence of a redirector?  Not asking for what you do or to who, but just that a redirection happened.

Nuke:  Do you have anything on me that isn't gut/mechanics at this point?

Extend.  Native's not getting another day without posting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 07, 2011, 04:28:11 pm »

Notes:

I think MBP is town and just make a bad choice by killing Leafsnail.

My gut says NUKE is scum. He's trying rather hard to lynch Toaster. Even if Toaster happens to be SK, he's at least also a threat to scum, who are probably his top targets. The only reason he would want to lynch a SK over scum, which is always a threat to town, is because he's scum, so Toaster is a threat whether he's SK or Vig.

IronyOwl might be his partner for no original reason.

There ya have it. I told you it wouldn't be spectacular.

Nuke: If you feel your vote on Toaster isn't doing any good, then why aren't you hunting elsewhere?

Toaster: Wasn't planning on going another day.

I redirected you, but I guess we had the same target in mind. You can guess why Darvi hadn't been redirecting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 07, 2011, 04:47:20 pm »

Native:  Okay.  Can you state your unoriginal reason for Irony?

That explains the messages, at least.  Why Max?  Why me?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 07, 2011, 04:50:10 pm »

Native:  Okay.  Can you state your unoriginal reason for Irony?

That explains the messages, at least.  Why Max?  Why me?

See JACK's argument for Irony. Unless you're looking for me to state it in my own words.

Max because I found him scummy and you because I knew you had a kill and I wasn't (I'm still not) entirely sure you're pro-town.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 07, 2011, 04:57:32 pm »

Native:  Fair enough on Irony, but can you expand on Max?  Why did you find him scummy?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48