Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138495 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4
« Reply #510 on: October 27, 2011, 11:45:53 pm »

The day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday. There will be no more extensions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2011, 12:07:02 am »

Prod MBP. Not that I expect him to do anything useful, but he should still weigh in.

I only really see one person pushing his case on Toaster. Toaster claims vig and all of a sudden three people 'attacking' him fall silent. I don't like Toaster's claim but I like the people who are voting him (with the exception of IronyOwl) even less.

Max White, what happened to you, dude?

What about you, NUKE9.13?

And how about you, Simple?

We got another extension. It would suck if the day ended without you guys being able to weigh in and make your opinions heard. Because you wouldn't anyone to think you were just waiting for the deadline to pass.

Got anything to say?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2011, 01:57:59 am »

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #513 on: October 28, 2011, 05:58:04 am »

Max: How exactly does "Why the fuck would you block someone AGAIN if the first block resulted in one less scum killed?" make Dariush sound like he's saying he doesn't want scum dead?  It certainly doesn't sound like he's saying anything like that to me.
Yea, after a reread I realised what Dariush meant. The mistake I made was thinking he said something that made sense, rather than basing he's assumptions on two fallacies
- The Death of scum was unquestionably meant to be a pro town thing, rather than a SK who just happened to hit scum, or the result of bus shenanigans.
- It would be repeatable, and scum would be killed two might nights in a row.

So yea, turns out that is Dariush being Dariush.

Max White, what happened to you, dude?
I know man, I used to be a budding young grad student who was into sports and had a large social network, then I got involved in these Mafia games and suddenly I have no time for any other commitments!

People voting: Ignore anything to do with Simple blocking Toaster for a second, what other reasons do we have for voting? Reading back over, Toaster was some what quick to claim that Zrk was jester. Maybe he knew that Zrk wasn't scum, thought he really was a jester and wanted him alive to bring lylo closer?

People not voting: What the hell ass holes? Letting a tie go on while we are in over time? Do your homework, get an opinion, and do something about it.

But seriously, you can't go a page without me? Fuck man I know I'm awesome, but you are going to have to learn to play for yourself one day.

But seriously seriously... I forgot where I was going with this.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2011, 07:44:17 am »

People voting: Ignore anything to do with Simple blocking Toaster for a second, what other reasons do we have for voting?
Are you an idiot? Sorry, I don't accept 'no' for an answer.
Reading back over, Toaster was some what quick to claim that Zrk was jester. Maybe he knew that Zrk wasn't scum, thought he really was a jester and wanted him alive to bring lylo closer?
Why, of all possible arguments, did you pull this one up? Maybe he didn't know anything and simply guessed. It wasn't that much of a stretch to think of Zrk as a jester and I don't see what that has to do with anything. Are you going to react this way to everyone guessing someone else's role? Or are you simply defending Simple?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 28, 2011, 07:53:44 am »

Dariush, WTF are you even talking about? What do you mean 'Taking no for an answer'? What 'no'? What question?
I asked people to present anything else they thought relative. I didn't answer anything you asked, and I didn't not answer with no, and that isn't even a double negative in this case. What do you even want an answer to if you are not taking no?

Also, because I believe it is a valid argument. We have a tie, and undecided votes, so I would like for people to bring up what ever they can. If you think there is some long list of arguments I could of chosen from, then please share them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2011, 07:56:38 am »

What about you, NUKE9.13?
I've been re-reading. Trying to see if Toaster's claim sounds legit, given his past behaviour.

Eh...

Maybe? Its hard to read him. If you are looking for reasons to call him scum, they're there. If you're not looking, they're not. Subjective, not useful.

I am leaning scum. Slightly. Enough to want him lynched? No, not really. As I said, this could be MYLO already, so we have to be careful with our lynch. But its a tie at the moment, and I think that might be best.

Nuke:  What's your read on Simple?
Town. A bit hard to read (protip: I is capitalized), but if you take the time to figure out what he is trying to say, it all makes sense.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 28, 2011, 08:12:43 am »

People voting: Ignore anything to do with Simple blocking Toaster for a second, what other reasons do we have for voting?
Are you an idiot? Sorry, I don't accept 'no' for an answer to the bolded, italicized and underlined question.
Very... ironic.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 28, 2011, 08:19:15 am »

Internet, can't read sarcasm. I know when you type something out it makes sense to you because the words in your head include tone, but for me that question seemed rhetorical. You would think playing a game like this you would understand the basics of empathy by now, but guess you are Dariush...

What is wrong with asking people what else do they have apart from the mechanics? I'm not asking for a change in votes, just more evidence.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 28, 2011, 08:41:50 am »

Irony:
Toaster:
Irony:  Why did I what?
You said you didn't see the point in claiming you'd been blocked, then claimed it anyway after Max did. Why?

At first I didn't know I had been blocked.  I got strange messages, but didn't know what they meant.  Once Simple said he had blocked me those nights, I knew what they were, and could confirm being targeted.

Max:
People voting: Ignore anything to do with Simple blocking Toaster for a second, what other reasons do we have for voting? Reading back over, Toaster was some what quick to claim that Zrk was jester. Maybe he knew that Zrk wasn't scum, thought he really was a jester and wanted him alive to bring lylo closer?

People not voting: What the hell ass holes? Letting a tie go on while we are in over time? Do your homework, get an opinion, and do something about it.

But seriously, you can't go a page without me? Fuck man I know I'm awesome, but you are going to have to learn to play for yourself one day.

But seriously seriously... I forgot where I was going with this.

This is a lot of information with a little analysis.  You're also not listing any other reasons to vote Simple- just me. 

What's your read on Simple?

Reminder:  My vote doesn't count today, so it's not actually tied- I'm in line to hang.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 28, 2011, 09:46:55 am »

Simple lurked his way through D3 and his arguments against Toaster, at least as written, are full of holes and contradictions.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #521 on: October 28, 2011, 10:47:01 am »

Max: He's acting weird.

Explain.

He was acting out of character briefly, but he seems to be falling back into it now.

Toaster: I guess I missed why your vote doesn't count. Why doesn't it count?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 28, 2011, 10:52:28 am »

Someone ran a night action on me to make my vote not count.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 28, 2011, 02:07:11 pm »

See, I knew you were scum, because if this pathetic bullshit is all you can summon up on Toaster as a reason to vote him then *gasp* you don't actually have a reason to vote him. Besides the block, of course, which you are arbitrarily choosing to believe he's scum over.

Scummy scum scum.

I am leaning scum. Slightly. Enough to want him lynched? No, not really. As I said, this could be MYLO already, so we have to be careful with our lynch. But its a tie at the moment, and I think that might be best.

Or we could try and lynch scum like Max White or Simple but whatever.

As mentioned, Toaster is technically in the lead for votes because his vote doesn't count. Yes, sure, of course you're interested in a tie, because of all of everything you're doing about it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 28, 2011, 03:26:50 pm »

Max is scummy, but he's also claimed to have been blocked by Simple (scum.)  Unless Max is fakeclaiming being blocked because (as fellow scum) he knows that the true N1 block target is dead, then that would make Max not mafia.

I guess it's a valid possibility, but something that came to mind.

Anyway, since it looks like no one is going to change their vote (or vote COUGH NATIVE/MBP), let me get my scum list out.

In order:
Simple  (Case stated)
Max  (Extremely passive)
Irony  (Gut)

MBP I still think is town.
Native is bugging me for still not taking a stand.  Yes, you replaced, but you've had enough time to come out with something.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48