Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138484 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2011, 07:40:54 pm »

Extend.

The Vote Phase was already extended to tomorrow. Are you voting for a second Extension?

Not right now, no.

Withdraw extension.

What page does that start on so I can look over it?

After a day of not voting anyone he suspected he did this to Leafsnail on Day 2 for terrible reasons.

Max:  Powder was being damn scummy, for reasons I outlined here.  N2 I considered shooting MBP, but 1) I wanted to hear his reasoning and 2) I was leaning town on him, for the same reasons I've said before.  N3, ironically enough, Simple was the only person I considered a candidate, and I decided against shooting him, partly because I wasn't completely confident, but also because a misfire would lead to MYLO, including the mafia kill.

If MBP and Simple were somehow off limits (which I don't really believe), why didn't you choose someone else instead? You had to have more suspicions than just MBP on Night 2 and Simple on Night 3.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 27, 2011, 12:42:37 am »

Jack AT:
Let me get this straight: you had a case against Toaster, which was your reason for blocking him, but you didn't suspect him?  While blocking him and having a case against him?  I find this hard to believe.
No i got slight suspicion, something making me feel like i should not ignore him. And going with my "night to make situation clearer, day to pursue" attitude i decided to block him.
Simple: What exactly gave you this slight suspicion?

Wait... What? Are you trying to imply that you don't want scum dead? I mean that is what it reads as, but I don't know why you would say that, so could you rephrase or something?

Max: How exactly does "Why the fuck would you block someone AGAIN if the first block resulted in one less scum killed?" make Dariush sound like he's saying he doesn't want scum dead?  It certainly doesn't sound like he's saying anything like that to me.

Toaster: About how sure do you have to be before you shoot someone?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 27, 2011, 05:44:43 am »

And even if you're right, Simple is scum for one very simple reason - he saw that while Toaster was blocked there still was a kill and he still blocked him again. There's no way to explain it, apart from EXTREME stupidity or being scum.
I'm not the fan of assuming that all actions that benefit town are done by benevolent parties.
So, you mean that you suspected Toaster was an SK, since I don't know any other non-scum anti-town role with an NK. And by 'you suspected' I mean 'you were sure', since I can't see anybody wasting a second block on the same target just because of suspicion. Didn't you think about, oh I dunno, blocking someone else to see if the kill appeared again?
Besides i want to point that you just without thinking assumed i'm right about him doing the kill.
...You do realize that you just voided your whole argument? If you didn't think Toaster was the killer, why did you block him twice in a row?!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 27, 2011, 07:53:33 am »

The answer to Simple, Jim, and Jack are fairly interrelated, so you all should read the whole post to get more complete answers.

Simple:
Hmm. Alright, vig claim now to what this means... Why would you only kill D1 ? PPE : Why was i only candidate ?

The misinformation thing: I was talking about my reasons for voting you not the night action information (well, these are connected of course but that was not my intention).

Because you were the person I suspected the most.  Why would I shoot anyone else?

The misinformation thing: I was talking about my reasons for voting you not the night action information (well, these are connected of course but that was not my intention).

Horseshit.  Let's look at exactly what you said:

I was going to claim only last night block but that wouldn't be anything else than sowing misinformation.

How could you be talking about anything other than your block being misinformation?

Jim:  I had no other real picks N2.  Honestly, my thoughts went something like "Should I shoot MBP?  Nah, I don't think he's actually scum.  Just hold fire then." ...skipping over "Who else could I shoot?"  I think even if I had considered other targets, I wouldn't have shot anyone.

N3 Simple wasn't "off limits"- I just wasn't sure enough to shoot him.  Anyone else I would have been less sure of, so again, why would I shoot anyone other than my top suspect?

Jack:  Well, depending on the town/scum ratio.  Generally, I want to be pretty confident, but the closer to LYLO it is, the more I want to be sure.

Nuke:  What's your read on Simple?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 27, 2011, 08:35:19 am »

Jim:  I had no other real picks N2.  Honestly, my thoughts went something like "Should I shoot MBP?  Nah, I don't think he's actually scum.  Just hold fire then." ...skipping over "Who else could I shoot?"  I think even if I had considered other targets, I wouldn't have shot anyone.

N3 Simple wasn't "off limits"- I just wasn't sure enough to shoot him.  Anyone else I would have been less sure of, so again, why would I shoot anyone other than my top suspect?

So how was Simple your top suspect but you weren't sure enough to shoot him? And how can you not be sure enough to shoot him when the first thing you do during the day is vote him?

Is there any exceptionally good reason why you opted to leave around scummy looking players such as MBP and Simple when you could have removed them and benefited yourself and everyone else with their roleflip? Not being sure is a complete and total copout.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4
« Reply #500 on: October 27, 2011, 08:47:16 am »

MBP I was leaning town on, hence holding fire.  The thought of "removing him so we don't piss away D3 arguing about him" did cross my mind, but that's not a good reason (and there is no good reason) for shooting someone you don't suspect.

Simple... well, you're going to have to live with me not being sure, because that's the only answer there is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 27, 2011, 11:04:39 am »

The Counting Stones
Simple: Dariush, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Toaster
Toaster: IronyOwl, Max White, NUKE9.13, Simple

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 27, 2011, 12:12:24 pm »

Extend.  MBP and Native need to commit, and Max is trying to talk as little as possible.  From someone as wordy as him, I don't like it.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #503 on: October 27, 2011, 03:08:54 pm »

AND IT ALSO TELLS US THAT NATIVEFOREIGNER IS A DAMN LURKER WHO NEVER EVEN VOTED

This made me laugh. I'm glad I had a sort of cameo appearance.  :P

But now I'm in it for real and I've currently caught up so my current impression on a few people:

MBP: Keeping an eye on him for killing Leafsnail with seemingly little reason, but I'm not sure he would be so blatantly suicidal as scum. Or maybe he would be, I'm not sure.

Max: He's acting weird.

Has the lack of a kill last night been explained?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 27, 2011, 03:28:20 pm »

Extend. Sorry about this, but I won't be available until after day's end.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2011, 03:55:22 pm »

Native:  No.  No extend request even though the day ends in a few hours and you haven't voted (or expressed much of an opinion on anyone?)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 27, 2011, 04:14:08 pm »

Native:  No.  No extend request even though the day ends in a few hours and you haven't voted (or expressed much of an opinion on anyone?)

Extend.

Any theories on the lack of a kill? All I can find is that you were blocked, but that would only account for one kill.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #507 on: October 27, 2011, 07:22:20 pm »

Extend just in case.

Has the lack of a kill last night been explained?
Any theories on the lack of a kill? All I can find is that you were blocked, but that would only account for one kill.

Unfortunately no. Simple claimed to have blocked Toaster, which Toaster confirms, but he no-actioned anyway. The lack of another kill remains unexplained. Why do you keep asking?

What's your opinion of the Simple/Toaster thingamajig?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:43 pm »

Toaster:
Irony:  Why did I what?
You said you didn't see the point in claiming you'd been blocked, then claimed it anyway after Max did. Why?

Do you have any picks besides me and MBP?
Jack for his bizarre Nuke/Nuke's plan chainsaw/insight thing, and Dariush to a much lesser extent for, like MBP, thinking Leafsnail would tunnel for no acceptable reason he can name. I'm also suspicious of Nuke, but more for his MBP/Jack interactions than anything he's done personally.

I didn't want to claim, but let's end some guesswork.  I'm a vig.  I shot Powder Miner N1.  I held fire N2 and N3.
I don't buy this at all. You get outed as having a kill, then admit you do but claim you haven't used it the two nights you were blocked? That's either one hell of a coincidence, or you're scum trying to work some truth into your lie.

Native, why didn't you extend earlier but did when called on it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 27, 2011, 08:24:42 pm »

Native, why didn't you extend earlier but did when called on it?

I hadn't realized that the day would have ended an hour and twenty minutes ago.

Jim: I keep asking because it's interesting.

As for the Simple/Toaster thing, I'm skeptical about Toaster, but his story makes sense with the Powder Miner nightkill being there, so I'm inclined to believe it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48