Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138572 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #480 on: October 26, 2011, 05:26:36 am »

Alright, sorry for lurking lately, but I've been having a hard time refocusing on everyone I want to scumhunt. Still not there yet, but egh. Better this than nothing.

Simple:
Earlier you claimed you were waffling between two choices for scum yesterday. Who were they and what do you think of them today?

Toaster:
Also, why you didn't claim the weird messages beforehand?

I considered it, but I didn't see the point.
Then why did you?

Remember what Toaster himself said in Supernatural, when he blocked Dariush? Back when he was town at that point. He said he makes a point of lynching people who are role blocked and no kill turns up, and that game was a closed set up.
Is this true? If you were you uninvolved with current circumstances, what would you advocate doing?

Anyway, as much as anything that stops me from lynching MBP infuriates me, I think we've got something on Toaster. Ignoring N2 (and Simple's scumminess) for a moment, just consider N3:

Simple blocked Toaster, resulting in no kill on a night when our knight was already dead. I seriously doubt scum would have any reason to nokill, and I likewise doubt we've got duplicate roles, which pretty much leaves a Jailer (not impossible, but rather specific) or JOAT (which might be a bit on the exotic side for this game, and is even more specific regardless) as the only other options.

Between Toaster being scum and an unclaimed, theoretical Jailer, I'm leaning towards Toaster being scum. I also didn't like his gut feeling on MBP not being scum, so that helps for me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 26, 2011, 05:34:42 am »

Native:
'Sup guys? I'm Darvi now.

I'm gonna go ahead and do my best to catch up, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could get me up to speed on the important bits.
The main point of note for me would be MBP's fucking obvscum bullshit D2. He instalynched Leafsnail because, even though MBP was perfectly townlike and innocent, Leafsnail was dead set on tunneling him and would have used his overpowering charisma to mindrape everyone else into lynching MBP. That probably sounds like an exaggeration, but it's his literal claim.

He somehow managed to wriggle out of the noose because everyone was lurking and there was a tie of two votes. Now it's happening again, but for somewhat better reasons, at least from some people.

Also extend. Day ends in around 12 hours.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 26, 2011, 07:30:38 am »

I'm gonna go ahead and do my best to catch up, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could get me up to speed on the important bits.
There's a list of flipped roles in the first post, not sure if you saw that. Also, this is what has happened so far:

Zrk2 was lynched D1 for being a moron
Powder Miner and Vector were killed N1
Leafsnail was lynched D2 by MBP using a day-ending ability to kill him with a single vote
Ottofar was killed N2
BDthemag was lynched D3.
No one was killed last night.

Further, Toaster having a kill doesn't automatically make him hostile third party or scum. You haven't justified your vote on Toaster with that little something something I call a case.
If Toaster was a Vig, then he has been lying. He said he didn't try to do anything N2 or N3. Town shouldn't lie, and in a situation like this, it definitely seems unnecessary.

As for a case against him... well, its hard to make a case when the guy is barely present.

If Toaster was town, and somebody else was being blocked not once, but twice in a row with a lack of kills, he would demand their blood.
Why? And how? 'Hey bros, who kept RBing me for the last two nights?'?
Hey. Hey, Dariush.
DIE IN A FIRE.
If you take three seconds to read what max has written, you will see that he isn't saying that Toaster would demand the blood of his RB'er, but that Toaster would demand the blood of someone else if they were RB'd twice with a corresponding reduction in kills.

There was one less scum killed. Why the fuck would you block someone AGAIN if the first block resulted in one less scum killed?
...Dariush, dariush, dariush.

Grow a pair.

A pair of BRAINCELLS.

The second kill could have been a SK. The second kill could have been a Vig. The second kill could even have been a redirect (though someone would/should have claimed this).
Vigs and SKs do not have total knowledge. If they happen to hit Scum N1, this does not guarantee they will hit Scum N2. The person who killed Powder Miner could have been the same person who killed Ottofar. How does this not occur to you?

Jim, why do you not want to see Toaster lynched? I can understand wanting to discuss it first, and make sure it is the right choice, but you are very opposed to it on the basis that it might not be the right choice. What's the matter, is he your most powerful scumbuddy?

Also, Extend
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2011, 08:00:00 am »

Extend, sure.

I didn't want to claim, but let's end some guesswork.  I'm a vig.  I shot Powder Miner N1.  I held fire N2 and N3.

Simple:  I was pretty sure Powder was scum D1, so I took matters into my own hands and shot him.

This is the point I said you were missing:
I go with the explanation that people that act strange for them are scum. I was going to claim only last night block but that wouldn't be anything else than sowing misinformation.

This is less contradictory and more scumslip.  Misinformation?  That tells me you know why there weren't any kills.  So why weren't there kills, scumbag?

Again, scumslip.

Max:
Remember what Toaster himself said in Supernatural, when he blocked Dariush? Back when he was town at that point. He said he makes a point of lynching people who are role blocked and no kill turns up, and that game was a closed set up.

I recall Jokerman saying that, not me.  I opened the day voting him because of it since it was as good a lead as any, but then kept my vote because- here's the important part- I had a case on him in addition to the block/no kill.  You should check Simple to see if he has a case.  (He doesn't.)

If Toaster was town, and somebody else was being blocked not once, but twice in a row with a lack of kills, he would demand their blood. Hell, anybody with any sense would. Also, that was a cult game, but we know there are missing kills, for a fact. That makes this an even better case to lynch for.

The mechanics dictate that Toaster is scum, and they are a very reliable tell.

I would be demanding an explanation, yes.  I would also be seeing if I could build a case on them to back up the role-based evidence. 

Your mechanics claim is a load- there's clearly a non-mafia kill in the game.  What makes you think it can't be mine?

Any picks besides me?

Irony:  Why did I what?

See my responses above to answer your other question.  (TLDR:  I'd back up the claim with a case before lynching over it.)

Do you have any picks besides me and MBP?

Nuke:  How does me being a vig require me to be lying?  I didn't have a strong enough case on anyone to justify to myself shooting anyone.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 26, 2011, 08:21:34 am »

Ok, that is interesting.

May I inquire as to your Totem Animal?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 26, 2011, 08:46:11 am »

Grizzly Bear.

How does me being a vig require me to be lying?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 26, 2011, 09:28:43 am »

The Counting Stones
Simple: Dariush, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Toaster
Toaster: IronyOwl, Max White, NUKE9.13, Simple

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 26, 2011, 09:51:30 am »

How does me being a vig require me to be lying?
Well, one would expect a vig to (attempt to) use their powers.

It did not occur to me that you might (claim to) not have used your powers.

Hmm.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4
« Reply #489 on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:14 pm »

Toaster: Was it? Sorry, I thought you said that. Ah well, you still thought you might claim as jailer over it.
Also, thinking of Jim right now for going after anybody that attacks you. It looks like a chainsaw to me.

Anyway, what made you so sure of yourself n1, but not n2 or n3? Why kill then but no other time?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 4
« Reply #490 on: October 26, 2011, 03:01:31 pm »

Max:  Powder was being damn scummy, for reasons I outlined here.  N2 I considered shooting MBP, but 1) I wanted to hear his reasoning and 2) I was leaning town on him, for the same reasons I've said before.  N3, ironically enough, Simple was the only person I considered a candidate, and I decided against shooting him, partly because I wasn't completely confident, but also because a misfire would lead to MYLO, including the mafia kill.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 26, 2011, 03:12:17 pm »

Extend.

Jim, why do you not want to see Toaster lynched? I can understand wanting to discuss it first, and make sure it is the right choice, but you are very opposed to it on the basis that it might not be the right choice. What's the matter, is he your most powerful scumbuddy?

I bear no affection for Toaster (okay that's not true he's awesome), but I'm more attacking the reasons being used against him than trying to defend him.

Max White is being lazy and Simple's case is full of holes. I poke at them viciously and aggressively because Max White is being lazy and Simple's case is full of holes.

Tell me you disagree that Max White is being lazy and Simple's case is full of holes.

If Toaster was a Vig, then he has been lying. He said he didn't try to do anything N2 or N3. Town shouldn't lie, and in a situation like this, it definitely seems unnecessary.

As for a case against him... well, its hard to make a case when the guy is barely present.

Maybe he wanted to keep him being a vig a secret? There are only a few instances where lying is acceptable for town to do and keeping a powerful killing role secret seems like a good one.

Fair enough about him not being around very much. But I still expect more than just 'This scummy person I am avoiding making an opinion on said Toaster was scum therefore I am going to agree unquestioningly with it.' It's not good play to make a decision solely based on sketchy role results; every vote still needs a good case.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2011, 03:39:03 pm »

And even if you're right, Simple is scum for one very simple reason - he saw that while Toaster was blocked there still was a kill and he still blocked him again. There's no way to explain it, apart from EXTREME stupidity or being scum.
I'm not the fan of assuming that all actions that benefit town are done by benevolent parties.Besides i want to point that you just without thinking assumed i'm right about him doing the kill.

Simple:
Earlier you claimed you were waffling between two choices for scum yesterday. Who were they and what do you think of them today?
Yesterday i was torn between bdthemag and nuke. The first mainly due to his "throw in some wine and disappear" act and the second because i still had no idea what's his agenda. As i said before these weren't very good leads. Well i was wrong about Bd and for Nuke he still makes me wonder why he feels like he's just doing the first thing that comes to his mind and somehow manages to push it further.

Extend, sure.

I didn't want to claim, but let's end some guesswork.  I'm a vig.  I shot Powder Miner N1.  I held fire N2 and N3.

Simple:  I was pretty sure Powder was scum D1, so I took matters into my own hands and shot him.

This is the point I said you were missing:
I go with the explanation that people that act strange for them are scum. I was going to claim only last night block but that wouldn't be anything else than sowing misinformation.

This is less contradictory and more scumslip.  Misinformation?  That tells me you know why there weren't any kills.  So why weren't there kills, scumbag?

Again, scumslip.
Hmm. Alright, vig claim now to what this means... Why would you only kill D1 ? PPE : Why was i only candidate ?

The misinformation thing: I was talking about my reasons for voting you not the night action information (well, these are connected of course but that was not my intention).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 26, 2011, 04:21:47 pm »

Extend.

The Vote Phase was already extended to tomorrow. Are you voting for a second Extension?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 26, 2011, 06:37:53 pm »

Native:

The main point of note for me would be MBP's fucking obvscum bullshit D2. He instalynched Leafsnail because, even though MBP was perfectly townlike and innocent, Leafsnail was dead set on tunneling him and would have used his overpowering charisma to mindrape everyone else into lynching MBP. That probably sounds like an exaggeration, but it's his literal claim.

He somehow managed to wriggle out of the noose because everyone was lurking and there was a tie of two votes. Now it's happening again, but for somewhat better reasons, at least from some people.

Also extend. Day ends in around 12 hours.

What page does that start on so I can look over it?

Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48