Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138395 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 3 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #420 on: October 17, 2011, 10:48:03 am »

MBP is lynched and flips town.
The next day, people take a good look at everyone who voted MBP, and find BD the scummiest.
Wow, seriously? For some reason I don't see everyone who didn't vote for Zrk D1 hyper-analyzing everyone who did. Why should it be different for MBP?

Oh hey, I know why. It's because you're looking for any excuse to lynch BD, knowing full well that people are going to crack down on lurkers.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 17, 2011, 10:51:11 am »

This scenario is not to be feared if nigh-everyone is voting for MBP and everyone agrees that MBP is probably scum. However, not everyone agrees that MBP is scum and plenty of people were not voting for him, so BD was looking to get off the wagon.
Fuck you, Dariush.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 17, 2011, 02:15:01 pm »

Extend, but if it doesn't go through I'm willing to see Bdthemag completely and totally dead for what he did.

Unvote, Bdthemag.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 17, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »

The Counting Stones
Bdthemag: Jim Groovester, NUKE9.13, Toaster
IronyOwl: Jack AT, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Mysteriousbluepuppet: IronyOwl
NUKE9.13: Dariush, Max White

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. There will be no more extensions.

We still need a replacement for Darvi.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 17, 2011, 09:24:48 pm »

Toasty : for now i go for Irony, i have an intense dislike of people ''misunderstanding'' everything i say, especially when I repeat those so much. Also warry that he did say that he did not want his vote elsewhere at the moment, while people where voting me at the start of the day. Felt an awfull lot like a thrown vote to blend in with the crowd, and the comment was just icing.

Still, hes the only one that kept his vote on me, so good point for him, i guess. That or he did not came back in time to switch.

Jim is iffy too, would like to hear why he decided to switch to BD late day like that. I don't remember seeing any comment on why before.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:36 pm »

Ohh, jsut saw, we would have had a 4-way tie. I guess that explains a bit.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2011, 09:29:15 pm »

MBP:  Hrm.  Don't like to see you waffling on your vote there- setting down an out in case of town flip.  For now, I'd like to hear more out of BD.  You're still scummy, but I'm having trouble making you scum in my mind.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 17, 2011, 10:21:40 pm »

Ok I'l back!
Sorry, between work and my internet on the fritz, it has not been easy getting into these games. Still, I have internet now, sop time for a reread!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 18, 2011, 04:10:09 am »

Jack:
For example, Irony seems to have discovered that I used the words "glaringly obvious" once.  For example, apparently I said I know the entirety of NUKE's plan, in depth, because I said I was only bringing up the glaringly obvious.  In addition, apparently, saying I'm only bringing up the glaringly obvious is the same thing as saying that NUKE's entire plan is glaringly obvious.

Or, to put it differently, Irony has taken the words "glaringly obvious", and somehow used them to say that I know NUKE's entire plan and why he brought it up, completely ignoring the context of the words.
Your argument has been, from the very start, that I've been heavily twisting Nuke's words. Not "misinterpreting," not "jumping to conclusions about," heavily twisting. This really seems to require that there be an obvious meaning to twist there, since the more literal "you've been interpreting his words" doesn't really have the same punch to it.

So, even specific examples aside, it's pretty clear that you think Nuke's plan was fairly obvious, including motivations and reasoning behind it. If it wasn't, you really wouldn't have had cause to doubt my questioning him on it, much less cause to attack me over it, since even if a potential meaning, motivation, or reasoning could reasonably be assumed, there'd be no particular reason not to check. You've even explicitly stated that everything you've brought up has been glaringly obvious, which really seems to hammer that fact in.

Yet, everytime I want to know just where the hell Nuke said this or that, you get all defensive and explain some potential line of reasoning for why his plan would be/do X, despite him never explicitly saying anything of the sort. This does not mesh well with your assertions that I was heavily twisting Nuke's words in order to attack him, because that'd require he had a clear, established meaning to begin with. In fact, you've even admitted that there was a more likely possibility to his plan than the one you'd originally considered.

In short, your argument doesn't work. You say I'm scummy for twisting his words, but can't provide any evidence of what he intended or meant beyond hypothetical explanations.

I know what I read, and I know the obvious context they were in (that is to say, what day they were on, and when during that day, and what was said around them).  What Irony and I were starting to get in to was a somewhat deeper exploration of the plan.  Now Irony's saying that the results we got in that deeper exploration, which had never been brought up before the "glaringly obvious" comment, are proof that I...was lying about knowing NUKE's entire plan or something?
When the results of deeper exploration both require deeper exploration and are proof that I was deliberately twisting his meaning earlier, yes, I'd say that's odd.

And yes, I assume you're his scumbuddy. You've both jumped to defense of and displayed insistent insight of his plan, which doesn't make a massive amount of sense if you weren't in on it in some fashion.

IronyOwl: So, just to clarify, you're saying that you think FoSing or voting for me wouldn't have been productive, but that you thought just saying I'm scum without doing either would've been?
Yes. I'd also say it's worked, personally; you've seemed fairly defensive and you've certainly gotten the message, so I'd say mission accomplished.

Dariush:
I didn't call him out on it and did so only now because I distinctly remember him mentioning the 'scumteam' at least twice at different times during the day, so I wanted to see what he would do D2 after one of the 'scumteam' has been lynched.
Two problems here.

First of all, this does nothing to address the "for the moment" bit you're ignoring.

Secondly, if you wanted to see what he'd do, doesn't that mean you weren't sure? And thus didn't know if he'd attempt chainlynching or not?

Now, this argument has gone way too far out of 'Your case is shit' territory and into 'Look at me, I'm defending a flipped town!' territory. Do you have any suspicions beside Big Bad Scum MBP, Nuke and me for the terrible crime of agreeing with a point of Big Bad Scum MBP?
I'm sorry, is three suspects not enough for you? Your case is shit on its own merits, not any association with MBP.

But yes, I suspect Jack and Bdthemag.

Speaking of which, who are your suspects? I don't recall anything but Nuke from you.

Nuke:
...wait, what, are you serious. Please, please, please go and read my case against him. You clearly haven't. This is getting annoying.
The 'this' post is the one to which I am replying in the 'here' post. In 'look at how scummy he is' I link to that post instead of my own because I think that the scumminess thereof requires no explanation. If it does, they can simply scroll down four posts.
Well, it does. You've already explained that you don't mind Too-Stupid-To-Be-Scum arguments, so I'm not sure what about that post screamed scum to you. Mind sharing with the rest of us?

Jim:
Extend, but if it doesn't go through I'm willing to see Bdthemag completely and totally dead for what he did.

Unvote, Bdthemag.
Which was?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 18, 2011, 09:07:19 am »

I'm sorry, is three suspects not enough for you? Your case is shit on its own merits, not any association with MBP.
Which case would that be? The Nuke one or the Leaf one?
Speaking of which, who are your suspects? I don't recall anything but Nuke from you.
It's hard to make anything with so many people absent, but for the moment the list is topped by Nuke, you (for an... unhealthy interest in my agreement with MBP) and Jim for reasonless votes and OMGUS.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 18, 2011, 02:14:29 pm »

Jim:

Unvote, Bdthemag.
Which was?

Bdthemag's empty unvote of MBP.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »

Nuke:
Nuke:
...wait, what, are you serious. Please, please, please go and read my case against him. You clearly haven't. This is getting annoying.
The 'this' post is the one to which I am replying in the 'here' post. In 'look at how scummy he is' I link to that post instead of my own because I think that the scumminess thereof requires no explanation. If it does, they can simply scroll down four posts.
Well, it does. You've already explained that you don't mind Too-Stupid-To-Be-Scum arguments, so I'm not sure what about that post screamed scum to you. Mind sharing with the rest of us?
Alright, I really didn't read that well enough. And I thought you were being dense as usual. And that Bdthemag had posted since.

Derp.

Aside from Bdthemag, who do you suspect?

Jim:
How does that stack up to your other suspects?

Dariush:
Which case would that be? The Nuke one or the Leaf one?
Leaf. I wasn't aware your Nuke one had any agreement with MBP.

It's hard to make anything with so many people absent, but for the moment the list is topped by Nuke, you (for an... unhealthy interest in my agreement with MBP) and Jim for reasonless votes and OMGUS.
Where'd Jim OMGUS?

Also, can I take this to mean that you explicitly believe everyone who's here and not suspected by you is town? You don't seem to be going after anyone except Nuke, so it seems odd to use "nobody's here" as an excuse.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 18, 2011, 03:54:24 pm »

Jim:
How does that stack up to your other suspects?

I'd rather see MBP hang but I'm not going to get him with the way the votes are now and I'm confident enough in Bdthemag's scumminess that lynching him won't be a mistake.

Simple is mixed in there for lurking and passivity.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 18, 2011, 07:32:26 pm »

The Counting Stones
Bdthemag: Jim Groovester, NUKE9.13, Toaster
IronyOwl: Jack AT, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Mysteriousbluepuppet: IronyOwl
NUKE9.13: Dariush, Max White

The stones are counted, and Bdthemag is the next to be sent away, unfit.

He glowers as he leaves. "Bah. I could have been chief! And you're fools to have sent me off so soon. There are tricks being played, and you could have used my help to stop them! But I'm Loyal, so I'll leave as you wish. But I think, before this is done, that you'll wish the power of the Leopard Seal was still here to help you.

There is some muttering, but what is done is done. You settle down as the attendants begin the preparations for the next Spirit Walk.

The Spirit Walk has started. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR -Spirit Walk 3 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #434 on: October 21, 2011, 11:21:11 pm »

You awaken from the Spirit Walk. It seems all of you were strong enough to survive the rigors of the Spirit World this time. So it is by vote alone that one shall be deemed unfit.

At least until the next Spirit Walk.

The Vote Phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48