Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138508 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 3
« Reply #345 on: October 12, 2011, 09:13:09 am »

MephFirst things first:  Please prod Irony and Darvi.  They both have two posts in this game, both well before D1 day end.

Darvi has yet to vote or ask a question (read: play the game he signed up for,) so he gets a vote until then.

BD:  Do you have any scum picks besides MBP?  If so, who and why?  If not, why not?

Max:  While I do tend to agree with you about LYLO breakers (Meph tends to not like them at all- he changed the daykill tech in Paranormal to make it less of one), Powder's inspect was a rolecop type inspect.  That's not uncommon for scum, as they can make use of the information.  ("Hey, PlayerX protected someone last night?  Let's kill him tonight.")

Dariush:  What happened to your case on Nuke? 

MBP:  For someone so sure on D2, you have yet to vote anyone D3.  Who do you suspect and why?

Just to confirm, the power simply ended the day lynching whoever had the most votes, correct?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 12, 2011, 09:47:40 am »

Ok, that was confusing.

Now, MBP is an idiot. He should not have used his power at such an early juncture, for such a baseless suspicion as the one he had on leafsnail. And he gave the scum a free night in which to get their murder on (presuming that the killer of Ottofar was scum, and not whoever killed Powder Miner).

However, I do not think he is scum. I think he's an idiot. What can I say, I'm an optimist.

Darvi, its been a while. Maybe now, finally, you can make with the actual playing of the gosh-darned game?

Dariush, die in a fire. Why are you attacking Jim? What the fuck has he done? You realise that leafsnail was not actually setting up a chainlynch, as you are hardly going to lynch someone for not voting for their scumbuddy if the alleged scumbuddy flips town.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 12, 2011, 09:57:53 am »

The Counting Stones
Darvi: Toaster
Jim Groovester: Dariush
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Bdthemag, Jack AT, Jim Groovester

Vote Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Friday

Mod: What happens first, abilities are handed out, or the scum team is chosen?

More or less simultaneous. I work off of a point balancing system to make sure that the town and scum are roughly equal in strength.

Sending prods to Darvi and IronyOwl.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:19:23 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 12, 2011, 10:08:19 am »

Meph:  That's an old votecount.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 12, 2011, 10:19:44 am »

Meph:  That's an old votecount.

That's what happens when I forget to save the csv file.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 2
« Reply #350 on: October 12, 2011, 03:11:52 pm »

So, MBP, that was pretty scummy how you totally forced a lynch on somebody as obvtown as Leafsnail.
What the fuck. Why would you consider Leafsnail to be obvtown after he got chainlynching from the beginning, and only after his death, Jim?

I didn't say Leafsnail was town during Day 1 because I don't make a habit of giving out my townpicks. Regardless, I still felt he was town during Day 1, as everything he did led me to believe as much.

You're also quick to agree with MBP that Leafsnail was setting up a chainlynch. Hrmmmmmmmmm. Now why would you do that?

Also, replying
That is the least satisfying explanation of anybody's reasoning I have ever seen.
to MBP's reasoning is... how can I put it... idiotic. Yeah.

This is retarded.

If that was the only thing I said then you'd be right to give me shit for it, but since it wasn't and since I explained why I found MBP's reasoning completely unsatisfactory, you're attacking me for no reason whatsoever.

Hello, Dariush, #2 scumpick. To repeat NUKE9.13: Die in a fire.

Dariush, die in a fire. Why are you attacking Jim? What the fuck has he done? You realise that leafsnail was not actually setting up a chainlynch, as you are hardly going to lynch someone for not voting for their scumbuddy if the alleged scumbuddy flips town.

Yes, yes, thank you for defending me from the brutal assault of Dariush. I appreciate it.

Buddy.

So you tell Dariush to die in a fire. Do you suspect him?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 12, 2011, 03:37:27 pm »

What, suspect him? No, I just want him to die in a fire. This is my standard policy towards Dariush.

On a more serious note, I don't suspect him that much. I would like for him to either explain why his case makes sense, or why he was mistaken into thinking it makes sense. At the moment it just looks like Dariush being an idiot.

Anyway, thank you for the accusation of buddying. For what its worth, I wouldn't really care either way if you were to die in a fire as well, and my only interest in 'defending' you is in its potential for attacking Dariush.

God, I hate that guy.

Heh heh heh. Just messing, I love you, Dariush.

But seriously, I hate you. Die in a fire. Sort of. I don't really hate you. I just dislike the way you play.
Long Live United Forenia!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 12, 2011, 07:48:41 pm »

Jim: What is your opinion on MBP using a lylo breaking move?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 12, 2011, 07:59:37 pm »

I think I've made my opinion on MBP and his brilliant move pretty clear, so I'm wondering why you're asking.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »

Well, he did something I wouldn't expect scum to be able to do, and you don't even blink. You still maintain full confidence in your lynch?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 12, 2011, 08:12:51 pm »

and you don't even blink.

Like a boss.

I have no idea how likely or unlikely it is to give scum a lylo breaking move. If the town's got some serious power stacked behind it then a lylo breaker could very well be a scum role. I have no basis to make any of these judgments so instead I'm looking at the man and the action, and not meta considerations like whether it would be a town or scum exclusive role.

The man and the action says that he's scum. There's a quiet whisper in the back of my head telling me that he's just a horribly, terribly stupid idiot that sucks at mafia, but then the rest of me tells me that a free kill and stopping discussion for a day in exchange for scum that was already going down is an advantageous trade.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2011, 02:16:10 am »

Ok, that was confusing.

Now, MBP is an idiot. He should not have used his power at such an early juncture, for such a baseless suspicion as the one he had on leafsnail. And he gave the scum a free night in which to get their murder on (presuming that the killer of Ottofar was scum, and not whoever killed Powder Miner).

However, I do not think he is scum. I think he's an idiot. What can I say, I'm an optimist.

What makes you think he's just an idiot, and not scum?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 2
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2011, 03:28:47 am »

Nice OMGUS there, Jim.
You're also quick to agree with MBP that Leafsnail was setting up a chainlynch. Hrmmmmmmmmm. Now why would you do that?
Oh I don't know... maybe because I agree with him?

Toaster, it still stands. Such Nuke's actions are expected, so investigation into him can be delayed until more information is gained.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2011, 03:36:04 am »

If I had a dollar for every time someone said I was OMGUSing and knew it wasn't true....

Oh I don't know... maybe because I agree with him?

Why?

I pointed out the chainlynching thing and asked him about it. He answered to my satisfaction. What about it wasn't to yours?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2011, 06:37:29 am »

I pointed out the chainlynching thing and asked him about it. He answered to my satisfaction. What about it wasn't to yours?
From the start he started looking for the scum team as a whole, not for individual scum. He made it clear that if one of his four suspects flips scum (and probably even if he doesn't), he'll get to lynching the other three simply because he finds them suspicious, not because they have done anything in relation to each other.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48