Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138473 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #315 on: October 04, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »

Indeed. Your point ?

May i remind you that i said earlier that any vote i would put today would be meaningless ? If i switch my vote, you will be the first to jump on my back saying that i'm bandwagoning. Frankly my dear i don't give a damn about you and what you think. If People want toi lynch me tommorow, then so be it. I'll see to that then, for now you are a little angry dog barking at me because you don't have anything better to do.

So yeah, see you tommorow.
Hey, I have an idea.  If you're not gonna play mafia, don't sign up to play mafia.  If you are somehow town you're a complete and utter liability who won't scumhunt and won't even properly vote because he's paralysed by fear of me (I guess the ABSOLUTE HORROR of having Leafsnail accuse you of bandwagoning (even though you don't actually have to vote for someone with too many votes) is just too much, huh?).  I mean, what the heck are you hoping for tomorrow?  That scum will magically appear from nowhere and you'll be able to vote for them?

In any case, I haven't actually accused ANYONE of bandwagoning this game.  Because Zrk2 is obviously scum and I won't begrudge people for voting for obvious scum.  I will begrudge them for clearly having a greater interest in self preservation than trying to find scum, though.

I agree MBP is scummy but this looks like chainlynching to me.
Chainlynching to me is more like "These two people disagree, let's lynch one guy and if he flips town the other guy obviously must be scum so let's lynch him".

This is more "This guy is obviously scum so he needs to die".  I don't see a problem with that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #316 on: October 04, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »

The Counting Stones
Max White: Zrk2
NUKE9.13: Dariush, IronyOwl
Powder Miner: Toaster
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Zrk2: Bdthemag, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Max White, NUKE9.13, Ottofar, Powder Miner, Simple, Vector

The Counting Stones have been placed, and their message is clear. The Ring does feel that Zrk2 is fit to be chief.

"Humph." Zrk2 stands up. "Fools, all of you. You shall regret this, I can feel it in my bones. Without the strength of the Walrus to protect you in the Spirit Realm, you are in more danger than you realize." he glances around, suspiciously.

"But I shall do the will of the ring. May the next chief win true and fair, with no underhanded dealings. Despite your misgivings about me, I am a loyal member of the ring and wish only the best for the town."

A cold wind blows in as he brushes aside the leather door and heads out of the Spirit hut.

The rest of you gather up your counting stones and sit back down.

Now it is the time of the Spirit Walk, where you breath in scents of the Sacred Medicines, drink the Draught of Wisdom, and set your minds free. In the Spirit Realm you will ponder the course of events in peace. You will commune with your animal spirits, and you will make use of their magic.

You close your eyes...and open your minds.

The Spirit Walk has begun. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 1
« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2011, 01:03:58 pm »

The Spirit Walk is over. You return to your bodies and look around.

Powder Miner and Vector lie unconscious on the ground. You rush over to ensure that they live, but it seems that they will be fine. They simply succumbed to the dangers of the Spirit Realm. A sign of weakness. You call for the attendants to come and take them from the Spirit Moot. They have proven that they are not worthy to be Chief.

As they are taken out, a whisper from the spirit realms appears in your mind.

"The Gut Worm, insidious and sinister. Lucky for you it is gone." you see an image of Powder Miner in your minds.

"The Nautilus, wise wanderer of the depths. Hidden knowledge, now lost with the exiled." Vector's face rises to fill your mind's eyes.

Then the whisper fades, and the solid world take shape again.

Much to discuss. Many votes still to take.

Only one can be Chief.

The second Vote Phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

I will be out of town this weekend, so I'm afraid I won't be able to answer questions or do vote counts until Monday.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:06:35 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2011, 01:12:50 pm »

Vote Leafsnail

Sorry mon, need to be sure.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 07, 2011, 01:16:34 pm »

MOO

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2011, 01:23:26 pm »

Mysteriousbluepuppet stands up.

"Talk. There is no need to talk. This man," he points at Leafsnail, "is a liar and a cheat and unfit to be Chief. I demand he be cast out!!"

Shocked, you can do nothing but sit and stare. The presence of Mysteriousbluepuppet is overwhelming. Leafsnail tries to stammer, but he can't get a word out. After a minute everyone simply nods, and Leafsnail walks out with a Dazed look on his face.

As he opens the door he looks back. "You are wrong, my friend. But in deference to your age and wisdom I shall do as you ask. But know that the Snail is ever loyal and true. I support this tribe with all my power. I hope that the new Chief is worthy."

After he leaves the rest of you talk a little bit. Eventually, someone speaks up. "Your age and wisdom let you get away with that, Mysteriousbluepuppet, but that will not happen again. You are not Chief, and you cannot just dictate what this council will do or decide."

"Very well." He says, sitting back. "I...may have been hasty. I shall not try to interrupt the Moot like that again."

You set about preparing for another Spirit Walk.

The vote is ended!

The Spirit Walk will go until I get back.

...That was fast...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:27:09 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 2
« Reply #321 on: October 11, 2011, 06:22:40 pm »

You awaken from the Spirit Walk and slowly return to your bodies. Poor Ottofar, it seems, was not up to another Spirit Walk so soon. He lies snoring on the ground, so at least you know he’s all right. The attendants come and carefully take him outside.

As they leave, you once again feel whispers from the spirit realm.

“The playful Cavy, innocent and kind. Only a hard hearted one could attack such a creature.”

Your mind clears, and you once again turn your mind to the matter at hand. Who among you shall be chief?

The Vote Phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday

My apologies about the wait on this. I didn't have a chance to do the night actions until just now.
Come play Mafia with us!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 11, 2011, 06:29:13 pm »

MBP Care to explain what the fuck you did and why you did it?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2011, 06:34:43 pm »

You jerks ;.;
Why you pawnch me to unconcsciousness?
Come on wormy friends, let's ditch these people.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2011, 06:56:32 pm »

So, MBP, that was pretty scummy how you totally forced a lynch on somebody as obvtown as Leafsnail.

Why shouldn't you be ruthlessly lynched at this point for the scummiest of scummy fucking bullshit?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:41 pm »

Well, used my power to end the day short. it was a one shot, and my only one. I was connected when Meph ended the night, so i saw an opportunity.

I tought Leafsnail was tunneling me, and also working on a chainlynch on me. His constant insistence on me voting for Zrk (wich if i may remind, i tought was useless, both since everyone and their mother already were on him, and also because i did not see anything else than stupidity in his play, no particularly scummy behavior) was ridiculous, and i really thought he was trying to set me up on the next lynch. When Zrk flipped town, i tought, i tought that scum scum were probably amongst the voter, and so his insistence on me voting him felt as a way for him to claim i was bandwagoning, and lynch me next. So i decided to use my power. Hoped he would flip, of course, but it did not work...

Hmm, that's is not particularly clear, so heres the resume.

-Did not want to vote Zrk, Leaf was an ass and asked repeatedly that i change my vote.
-Changing vote he would have claimed it was bandwagoning, not changing was ''refusing to vote for my fellow scum'' and a chainlynch    attempt.
-Zrk was town, so scum probably voted him up, Leafsnail insistences ticked me
-Tought id use my power, if it worked nice, if not well, fuck me.
- Results : fuck me, i'm now a powerless Moose. I guess i'd feel sorry for leaf if he had not spewed such tripe all day long.

ninja'ed

M'eh, i'm now town and powerless. If you really need to sate your bloodthirst, fine. Tought my logic was sound, but no such luck, so I'm ready to face the music.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »

That is the least satisfying explanation of anybody's reasoning I have ever seen.

You were completely dead fucking wrong about him and everybody could have told you this before you decided to lynch somebody as clearly town as Leafsnail. Why didn't you bring up your reasons during the day to talk it out like you should have done?

Like you should have done if you were town, of course.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 11, 2011, 07:57:05 pm »

YOU FOOLS! I TOLD YOU! (Bah.)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2011, 08:46:37 pm »

Frankly Jim, i dont care about your opinion. Your game is to spout obscenities, get people angry so that they say shit and you can lynch them with what i imagine is a smug smile. How did you know he was town ? Why not tell us ? Frankly, if you are so good as to be able to detect townie on day 1, why not give us some hint ? Hinsight is 20/20

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2011, 09:03:54 pm »

Because I paid attention and he read town.

Mind-boggling idea, I know. Maybe you should try it for a change. Maybe for the next time you decide to unilaterally lynch someone.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48