Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138534 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2011, 07:59:41 pm »

Gargh, I need to remember to wait I got that directly from a post... and accidentally deleted the quote tags. Whoops.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 03, 2011, 08:00:49 pm »

Preview button, when ever you need to trim a quote pyramid. It is just a good habit.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Signups CLOSED
« Reply #287 on: October 03, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »

But I decided to look into PowderMiner, since the intent there is 'hide'.

Powder Miner: Who the Hell are you? What's your animal? I don't require any actual roleclaim, though, just an animal.
Rolefishing.  And going for an inexperienced player who might fall for it too.  Classy.

Powder, if you were a cop, and got a guilty result n1, would you claim right away? You wouldn't know if there was any protective roles around.
Not in a larger game like this. One guilty person exposed and killed wouldn't make much of a dent in the scumteam.

Quote from: Zrk2
Powder Miner: Who the Hell are you? What's your animal? I don't require any actual roleclaim, though, just an animal.
How about NO? YOu're trying to fish my role. That's scummy, scum, you scummy scum scum Zrk2 scum!
(That was really fun to say)

So uh, Powder. This is quite parrotesque.
Also, not voting your only suspect.
Really? Am I supposed to answer "Yes, here's my role" to the question he asked me not to be parroty? No.
Quote from: Ottofar
Powder Miner: So you think one scum less is not worthy claiming ? Why you fos'd zrk without any follow-up question ?
Bcause I'm not scum. The primary reason for rolefihing is scum trying to find the goo and juicy power roles so they can skewer them.
This is the 'I'm not scum'. Which is a tell, quite often, when offered as an answer for such a question.
It's a scumtell to say I'm not scum when asked why I don't think it's worthwhile to sacrifice myself with a claim?

Quote from: Ottofar.[quote author=Powder Miner link=topic=93940.msg2652591#msg2652591 date=1317445287
Whenever someone tries to get themselves lynched supposedly, they're mafia (taken from one of the beginner's mafia's guides). Add the rolefishing, the doctor claim, well, I don;t care if it's been mentioned, it's scummy. Unvote Jim Groovester, Zrk2

And here comes the bus. [/quote]
Your take on my vote, not a point. I don't care.
Quote from: Ottofar
-snip-
Powder Miner: Did you felt the need to throw your partner under the bus ? Or you want to divert everyone attention with going back to random questions ? It's  looks like you don't even care about voting him. Why is that ?
What? He's not my partner in any way shape or fashion, I did a random question so I can continue other scumhunting, and of course I don;t feel sad over voting someone who I'm not scumbuddies with because I'm not scum.
What kind of question was that?

He's not scum because I'm not scum because I'm not scum because I'm not scum.
Overreactionary. And  the 'Because I'm not scum'-defense.
Ottofar, you voted Zrk2 at a point in thi game. Why did you bus him? Why don;t you care about voting your scumpartner?

THat is ridiculous, is it not?
And what other response do I have?
"Oh, I am totally scum and I bussed my partner because he is scum too and he was playing badly!"? No.

Quote from: Ottofar[quote author=Powder Miner link=topic=93940.msg2654871#msg2654871 date=1317529494
...Zrk2 is probably a jester, yes.
Unvote.

Hey! I can unvote my scumbuddy!
Furthermore a parrot.
[/quote][/quote]
Gah, I admit that was very parroty. That was also posted last night late at night, when I was tired ad scanning my computer for viruses.
Anyway, parroty or not, I figure a lynch on a jester is a scum not lynched and is wasted. Zrk is looking a lot less like a jester now though and more like well actually I don;t know what he looks like. He's left me at a loss for words.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 03, 2011, 08:17:46 pm »

Zrk2 Vector honestly has an excuse to be inactive, im sure if she could post she would regardless of alignment. Considering you thought Vector was scummy based on her inactivity, why aren't you bringing up that both me and Powder have been inactive?

Because I have seen multiple posts from her on other boards over the time, but ~2 here. Strikes me as lurking, but I DO UNDERSTAND THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS AT PLAY. I WAS JUST POINTING IT OUT.

Why are you so eager to defend her?

Re Powder Miner: I am breathtaking, aren't I?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 03, 2011, 08:19:59 pm »

Zrk2 Vector honestly has an excuse to be inactive, im sure if she could post she would regardless of alignment. Considering you thought Vector was scummy based on her inactivity, why aren't you bringing up that both me and Powder have been inactive?

Because I have seen multiple posts from her on other boards over the time, but ~2 here. Strikes me as lurking, but I DO UNDERSTAND THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS AT PLAY. I WAS JUST POINTING IT OUT.

Why are you so eager to defend her?

Re Powder Miner: I am breathtaking, aren't I?
Eager to defend her? Im not eager to defend her, I just wanted to simply point out that Vector is probally too busy to make a post.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 03, 2011, 09:03:55 pm »

Right now, I am exhausted to the point of being on the verge of tumbling into bed, and also happy about where my vote is.  Nothing that has occurred thus far has convinced me that I should change it, especially the continued lack of responses from Zrk2 to allegations.

I have posted in two bursts, but there is certainly more than two posts from me in this game.

Here's the deal: I am going to take a little time to hang out drinking water and watching TV, because I need it.  When I wake up, I have set theory homework I must do; that should take two, three hours at the outset.  Then I have a German essay to look over--15-30 minutes--and after that I'll spend the rest of the early morning reading here.  However, that is the absolute best I can do, especially since I need to be in bed within the hour due to braincrash, and all of those things need to be finished by 10 AM--and thus prioritized.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 03, 2011, 10:22:36 pm »

Darvi & Powder Miner: Any reason you two don't feel obliged to put forward an opinion strong enough to vote over?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:37 pm »

Over Zrk2?
BEcause there's tons of WIFOM in my head right now and I really don;t want to deal with it.
...But it can't really hurt if Zrk2 IS a jester, seeing th size of the game, he probably wouldn't end it either way. Also either mafia or jester it's not a town lynch so that's fine.
Zrk2 then.
Screw the WIFOM.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:27 pm »

Over Zrk2?
BEcause there's tons of WIFOM in my head right now and I really don;t want to deal with it.
...But it can't really hurt if Zrk2 IS a jester, seeing th size of the game, he probably wouldn't end it either way. Also either mafia or jester it's not a town lynch so that's fine.
Zrk2 then.
Screw the WIFOM.
"Welp, everyone else is voting for Zrk2 and Max wants me to vote someone. I'll just join the bandwagon then!"
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 03, 2011, 10:30:08 pm »

Darvi: Seriously, by the time you get back, all the donuts will be gone. ALL OF THEM!!!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 03, 2011, 10:30:42 pm »

Over Zrk2?
Zrk2 then.
Screw the WIFOM.

Do you have any scumpicks other than Zrk2?  If so, who are they and why?  What are your reasons for voting Zrk2?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 03, 2011, 10:33:30 pm »

Nuke would be another scumpick, due to his trying to get us to lynch someone reasonlessly with some ridiculous reason. And I'm voting Zrk2 because the whole thing started with him rolefihing me in the first place, and that he's pretty much dominating the game right now with his foolishness. He's rying to get us to play a is he or is he not game about jesterness now and it's just pissing me off.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 03, 2011, 10:35:07 pm »

Nuke would be another scumpick, due to his trying to get us to lynch someone reasonlessly with some ridiculous reason. And I'm voting Zrk2 because the whole thing started with him rolefihing me in the first place, and that he's pretty much dominating the game right now with his foolishness. He's rying to get us to play a is he or is he not game about jesterness now and it's just pissing me off.
Your pretty much just bringing up what everyone has already brought up before.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 04, 2011, 09:59:54 am »

Doing my re-read at about 12-ish.  Schedule splattered.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 04, 2011, 10:25:36 am »

Powder:
I can't tell what quetoins I'm actually being asked after all this activity. Can you guys repost please?

No.  This is an excuse to active lurk. 

But since you missed it when you actually got around to answering questions, mine is here.

Over Zrk2?
Zrk2 then.
Screw the WIFOM.

"The town's best means of eliminating scum?  It can't really hurt what we do with it?"

Good argument, scumbag.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48