Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138575 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2011, 05:49:16 pm »

Ok seriously, MBP, what have you done this game? I'm looking at your post history, and all you have done is vote for Toaster during the RVS, then leave it there while weakly defending Zrk2. It doesn't look like you have done any hunting at all.
So tell me, what have you gathered so far? Who do you suspect and why?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »

Max : Because i said that i could read what the 6-7 people interrogating him for the last days are saying ? Do you really need my help to uncover the sinister plot of Zrk, who unless some serious shit goes down will be out by tuesday, thursday at most ? You aren't so bad, you can take care of cooking him, i'm sure. Also, your little little allegation are downright amusing.

Leafsnail : Your whole example is a vague and evasive assemblage of quotes. Does rolefishing day 1 is stupid ? Answer: Yes. Is he normally stupid ? I would argue yes ? Did i say that he was not worth voting off ? No, i said i would not put my vote on him back then, wich is a sizeable difference you don't seem to have grasped. I won't change my vote just so you can claim i'm a twitchy little fucker and i should hang.

So back to what i wanted to do, Leaf, care to explain the logic behind lynching the bussed and not the busser ? the bus target is gonna be lynched, anyway, so why not put pression on the busser ? And if we get a swing vote, aint it safe to have the busser as 2nd suspect, in case ? Just don't really get your logic on that one.

Ninja ( or is it ?)

Right now i dislike your idiotic allegations, Ottofar vote switch with no reasoning make me wary of him, many lurkers around, Bd and toaster apparently switching their guns because zrk may be a jester ( never seen one in a Meph game, dont believe there is one at all) are all things i'm checking. As i've said countless of times in previous games, i'm shitty if i don't have hard data to work with, like votes from day 1 and such, so i'm not trowing bile around just for the fun of it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »

Leafsnail : Your whole example is a vague and evasive assemblage of quotes.
It's not.  If you want to see what a vague and evasive answer is, look at what you just wrote.

Does rolefishing day 1 is stupid ? Answer: Yes. Is he normally stupid ? I would argue yes ? Did i say that he was not worth voting off ? No, i said i would not put my vote on him back then, wich is a sizeable difference you don't seem to have grasped. I won't change my vote just so you can claim i'm a twitchy little fucker and i should hang.
Rolefishing day one is stupid.  And scummy.  And he's done a whole host of other things to paint him as scum.

The second bit of this is the exact point I was making him - you weren't voting, were making excuses for him but refused to commit to a defence.  You did everything you'd expect in a defence except you didn't want to admit it.  Because you were scum defending your buddy, and now you don't have the guts to bus him.

The last part of the quote is weird.  If you think he's scum, you shouldn't care what I think of you putting a vote on him (unless of course you're scum, which you are).  In any case plenty of other people have voted Zrk2 without me claiming that they are twitchy little fuckers.

So back to what i wanted to do, Leaf, care to explain the logic behind lynching the bussed and not the busser ? the bus target is gonna be lynched, anyway, so why not put pression on the busser ? And if we get a swing vote, aint it safe to have the busser as 2nd suspect, in case ? Just don't really get your logic on that one.
It's very simple.  If you're accusing someone of bussing, that argument presupposes the person they're voting for is scum.  So you should check whether that presupposition is correct before following through on the argument (as if the person they were supposedly bussing flips town it will invalidate the bussing argument, wheras if the person accused of bussing flips town it won't really tell you anything about the obvscum person they were supposedly trying to bus).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2011, 06:28:17 pm »

Max : Because i said that i could read what the 6-7 people interrogating him for the last days are saying ? Do you really need my help to uncover the sinister plot of Zrk, who unless some serious shit goes down will be out by tuesday, thursday at most ? You aren't so bad, you can take care of cooking him, i'm sure. Also, your little little allegation are downright amusing.

So you're just going to stand aside and let everybody else do your scumhunting for you?

Why, that doesn't sit right with me at all. It lets you sit back and bandwagon without actually contributing anything.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 02, 2011, 06:29:26 pm »

Well, that's not entirely true.  He's too cowardly to actually bandwagon so he'll just make vague statements about the person being lynched every now and again.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 02, 2011, 06:32:33 pm »

i'm shitty if i don't have hard data to work with, like votes from day 1 and such, so i'm not trowing bile around just for the fun of it.
How is this for hard data?
Wait, no guys! Come back! Vote for me dammit!
I don't see how after a claim like that he can't be either a jester or scum, and like you said, Meph game.

Why, that doesn't sit right with me at all.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2011, 07:09:55 pm »

So you're just going to stand aside and let everybody else do your scumhunting for you?

Why, that doesn't sit right with me at all. It lets you sit back and bandwagon without actually contributing anything.

Instead I rather tunnel someone that I have repeatedly mispicked for scum. What could go wrong?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2011, 07:15:31 pm »

Someone using Gambler's Fallacy as their only defence?  It's more likely than you think.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2011, 07:18:55 pm »

Well it hasn't happened before, so it was well due.  :P

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2011, 07:27:08 pm »

Not for one more game yet, at least.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2011, 07:30:39 pm »

...Wait, you're right.  Jim, the last 3 times you flipped that coin it came up heads, and now you're saying it could come up tails this time???  Clearly your track record of flipping heads must mean it will also be heads this time.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »

And because every time you flip a coin it lands on heads, then not only must it land on heads this time, but also you must be tails..?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2011, 07:35:25 pm »

...Wait, you're right.  Jim, the last 3 times you flipped that coin it came up heads, and now you're saying it could come up tails this time???  Clearly your track record of flipping heads must mean it will also be heads this time.

Oh, fuck. You're right. The results of my coin flips are determined by what I've flipped in the past. I better unvote right now, this argument is irrefutable.

Instead I rather tunnel someone that I have repeatedly mispicked for scum. What could go wrong?

Somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2011, 07:45:55 pm »

Somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE.

Say what I will about you, you are fucking hilarious.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 02, 2011, 09:01:09 pm »

Nuke:
Oh no he didn't! (Oh yes he did!). D1 lynches are rarely fruitful, and three quarters of the time, the lynched obvscum is not scum. Which is to say, D1 lynches are essentially random, or worse than random!
How is this different from all lynches?

By lynching someone regardless of their defence, you are guaranteed to get a random result. Which is not to say you can't listen to their defence at all, or respond to it. And if they claim some valuable role, you probs shouldn't lynch them.
Then what's the point? You might as well say nobody should vote, FoS, or accuse anyone D1.

Also, you're seriously telling me that claiming doctor D1 is a towntell?

/facepalm

WHY. WOULD. YOU. ROLECLAIM. DOCTOR.

argleblargleblargle
...hm. You're not. Nuke, what are you saying?

But yeah, so long as there is plenty of conversation and controversy D1 to be called back to on later days, just lynching some dude is a not a problem.
And where do either of those come from when we're openly admitting to running a lynch lottery?

are the statistics of D1 (obvscum) lynches better than those of random lynches? They are not, this is a factual fact. I am stating a fact here. You may not like this fact, but don't leap to arms as if the unpleasantness of this fact coincides with the unpleasantness of me.
[citation needed]

Anyway. Moving on, much obliged Zrk2, we are out of RVS! Huzzah!
This would seem to ruin your excuses for not doing anything. Shouldn't this effectively be D2 as far as your usefulness goes?

But yeah, I have already conceded that this isn't something worth pursuing. If someone more than 26.67% suspicious comes along, I will change my vote to them, and I will scumhunt as usual.
You've "conceded" that you're correct? And that you'll start scumhunting when something really promising falls into your lap through no effort of your own?

Toaster:
Unvote.  Calling jester now- this is too bad.
Wait, no guys! Come back! Vote for me dammit!
Still think so?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48