Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138343 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2011, 09:16:41 pm »

. . . JackAT, I'll be back for you.

Zrk2.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2011, 09:19:35 pm »

Nuke I didn't think Zrk2 was being serious with that post honestly. I mean he hasn't played in awhile, but EVERYONE knows not to claim doc D1.

Zrk2 you were kidding, right?...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »

I asked for roles to start the fucking conversation. We are conversing, ergo my goal has succeeded. No longer am I requesting roles.
There was no lack of conversation or activity at the time, so as far as I can tell you're just bullshitting.  You could argue that you were trying to end RVS with this question, but you'd be a) lying because you clearly weren't and b) wrong, since the only way that question could possibly end RVS was with other people voting you for blatant rolefishing.  If you're claiming that your intent was to get people to vote for you then you're clearly lying once again.

Or, I don't fucking know, I'm a doctor? *Gasp* It's cuz I'm a big protective walrus.
This does nothing except lend further support to the argument you were quoting.

Look, you've played Beginner's Mafia before.  You understand that a doctor should not claim until lylo (and in fact is probably the worst role to claim possible, since it gives the town no information and tells the scum who they can safely kill).

On the other hand, you're probably hoping that I'll back down because I'm afraid to lynch a doctor.  Hint: I'm not.

Interestingly, other than the bizarre and problematic claim you posted in response to the second paragraph of my argument you failed to address anything.  I guess just ignoring stuff against you and randomly going ad-homenim on someone else is the easy way to go, huh?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2011, 09:28:33 pm »

Oh, and Mephansteras, could you post the game's LurkerTracker in the OP?  Thanks.  I think that'd help a lot of us.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2011, 09:29:55 pm »

Anyway I was asking about roles to provoke a reaction - the point of the RVS, so discussion is now going and we have some more posts to analyze.

Good thing you can just lie about doing something scummy like that.

I could demonstrate that I have an accurate meta of Jim by predicting his actions and so validate my previous points about his shaking-tunnel-charge-witchhunt-lynch policy, demonstrating that he is an unreliable scumhunter and that he actually has no case against me. This made qualify as an OMGUS, but there are justifications, so it isn't as scummy as it may seem.

And there are several points where you are wrong.

Firstly, that being predictable makes me an ineffective scumhunter.

Ha.

Ha ha.

Aaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Secondly, that all I do is tunnel-witchhunt-lynch, which implies that everything I do is completely unjustified and unwarranted, which is evidently wrong by inspection.

Thirdly, that because you can predict what I'm going to do, that that is a defense against what I am going to do.

And that is where you are so, so very wrong.

Meanwhile, answer my fucking question, you suicidal dumbshit scum.

Then why did you say I was starting a witchhunt on the flimsiest of suspicions again if you knew it wasn't the case?

Jim is mean!

So your argument for me being scum in this game, is that I've doggedly pursued my targets and been wrong about them in other games.

I don't follow. Maybe because your argument is bullshit.

Cry harder, Zrk2. Not liking me is not evidence that I'm scum.

I think tunneling is a scumtell. Jim is tunneling on me. Ergo Jim is demonstrating a scum tell. Or did you miss that the first 10 times?

Liar.

There's been a chorus of people giving you shit for your vote, and for the most part, it hasn't been me.

Maybe you should stop your pathetic impotent rage you have towards me and do something productive instead, like realize that your argument is total bullshit.

So, Jim,
If you were a third party alignment, what one would you prefer?
(Martyr is not an acceptable answer for you)

I've never been a SK before and I'd like a crack at it.

Zrk2, you are an idiot for rolefishing, should have thought about that better. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and call you a simple moron, though, rather than scum. You're welcome.

Any particular reason why?

Actual suspicions: Screw you guys, I want Dariush dead. Come on, eh? Guys a dick, no one likes him. Lets lynch the bugger.

'Sup, jester.

Why do you want Dariush dead when he hasn't done anything?

More dummy dumb dumb

Never mind. I can clearly see your reason, but it is dumb.

If we are skilled enough, then it should be possible to find scum on Day 1. Let's aspire to that ideal, instead of saying that it isn't possible and do something else.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2011, 09:34:02 pm »

Or, I don't fucking know, I'm a doctor? *Gasp* It's cuz I'm a big protective walrus.

This reminds me of witches coven. Claiming straight doc is not only unwise, but uncreative. Scum are scared to make bold claims unless they have a baseline for what everybody else has, so are conservative.
Just like in witches coven Urist made a bland flavour claim with little detail, now Zrk2 is making a bland role claim because he dosn't know if other peoples roles are awesome powerful or just minor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2011, 09:34:52 pm »

Oh, and Mephansteras, could you post the game's LurkerTracker in the OP?  Thanks.  I think that'd help a lot of us.

Done.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2011, 09:42:33 pm »

Any particular reason why?
He seems like the moron type. What can I say, I'm an optimist.

'Sup, jester.
'Sup. Not a jester, but 'sup all the same.

Never mind. I can clearly see your reason, but it is dumb.
If we are skilled enough, then it should be possible to find scum on Day 1. Let's aspire to that ideal, instead of saying that it isn't possible and do something else.
We aren't skilled enough. Deal with it.

But yeah, I have already conceded that this isn't something worth pursuing. If someone more than 26.67% suspicious comes along, I will change my vote to them, and I will scumhunt as usual.
Long Live United Forenia!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2011, 09:43:05 pm »

Then why did you say I was starting a witchhunt on the flimsiest of suspicions again if you knew it wasn't the case?

Because... Fucking wait for it... I DIDN'T BLOODY WELL SAY THAT, I SAID YOU HAVE HISTORY OF DOING THAT.

BTW this is sort of exactly what I said you would do, once here there is no winning, no matter what I say you will lynch me. Hence Shorten. Then I will be lynched, revealed townie and Jim's bullshit will be proven wrong. Then I trust you can lynch him for everything I have already pointed out.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2011, 09:43:40 pm »

Bullshit, panicking, lynch-chaining, failing to respond to multiple allegations.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2011, 09:47:31 pm »

Quote from: Zrk2
LYNCH MEEEE
If that's what you want.
Zrk2

But I won't be shortening the day, no sir. We still have plenty of discussin' to do. The day doesn't revolve around you. Heck, some folks haven't even posted yet (I haven't actually checked, but I am assuming that at least one of the sixteen has yet to post)
Long Live United Forenia!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2011, 09:49:54 pm »

Where did I fail to reply? What is bullshit? Panicking yes. Lynch-chaining? How the hell does that benefit scum? I flip town and then Jim gets questioned, or you all ignore it. I flip scum and Jim flips town? Why would scum do that? They can't afford to lose someone D1, it would make no sense for me to do this as scum.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2011, 09:53:25 pm »

I flip scum and Jim flips town?

I have a feeling you're not thinking this through.

Or anything at all through.

If you flip scum, why would everybody up and decide to lynch me?

Because... Fucking wait for it... I DIDN'T BLOODY WELL SAY THAT, I SAID YOU HAVE HISTORY OF DOING THAT.

How does a history of anything amount to an argument about how I am scum in this game?

Why would scum do that? They can't afford to lose someone D1, it would make no sense for me to do this as scum.

Add WIFOM to the list of accusations.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2011, 09:58:13 pm »

I flip scum and Jim flips town?

I have a feeling you're not thinking this through.

Or anything at all through.

If you flip scum, why would everybody up and decide to lynch me?

Wait, never mind. I get it.

'Cuz you gonna nightkill me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2011, 10:02:34 pm »

I flip town and then Jim gets questioned, or you all ignore it. I flip scum and Jim flips town? Why would scum do that? They can't afford to lose someone D1, it would make no sense for me to do this as scum.
Why must you both be opposed? Couldn't you both be town? Couldn't you both be scum?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48