Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138352 times)

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 12:46:31 pm »

Woah. It's on already ? You're quick meph.

Zrk2: How many scum do you think we're dealing with ?

Dariush: Survivor for sure. It would allow me to play normally and do not worry when situation looks dire for town. And it seems like i have tendency to surviving to the end game usually. I would probably be bad sk as i would probably use my kills on random people instead of thinking it all over. The other third parties i know about are too game-dependent and i don't think i'm good enough at convincing people to play jester effectively.

Leafsnail: What role do you think would be easy to play in this game ?

IronyOwl: What do you expect to be a challenge in this game ?

PPE:

Ottofar: Black as your soul (spirit animal :P ? ) for asking such question.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Signups CLOSED
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 12:49:31 pm »

Dariush, if you were a Doc with a hide(Immune to all actions for the night), and you knew the scum know your dochood, and there was a claimed cop with a guilty result and whose investigatee is lynched and flips scum, would you rather hide or protect the cop N2?
Definitely protect. A known doctor would be pretty much useless (and dead) with the cop NKd.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »

Actually, I'll answer this one since it's not supposed to be hidden for this game. There are 4 Scum players.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 12:54:05 pm »

Actually, I'll answer this one since it's not supposed to be hidden for this game. There are 4 Scum players.
Oh.Good to know.

Zrk2: Alternative question then: How do you think this number affect the game ? Does it help us or the scum more ?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 12:57:00 pm »

Is that inclusive or exclusive of third parties?  Are third parties possible?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 12:59:19 pm »

Is that inclusive or exclusive of third parties?  Are third parties possible?

That number does not include any of the possible 3rd parties that could be floating around.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 01:12:45 pm »

Aww yis. Its mafiaing time.

Nuke:  If I ask you an RVS question, will you answer it?

Words words words
DARIUSH
Who's with me, eh? Come on, bandwagon on Dariush. You know you want to!
Long Live United Forenia!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2011, 01:15:11 pm »

So, 4 scum and a few possible 3rd parties, this should be interesting !

Toaster : If you were a 3rd party with a ''eject from spirit moot'' nightly ability, would you use it form the start to thin out the herd of player, or keep it hidden until a few days in ?

Dariush : If you could start a mason brotherhood, who would you invite and why?

Vector: Whats would be most dangerous as a 3rd party ?

Ottofar: Where did you buy those tapestries

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 01:18:54 pm »

Toaster : If you were a 3rd party with a ''eject from spirit moot'' nightly ability, would you use it form the start to thin out the herd of player, or keep it hidden until a few days in ?
...you can call it a SK, you know. Just because no one actually dies, doesn't mean we can't use the terminology.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 01:21:10 pm »

MBP: Probably Doomspeaker or Arsonist.  We don't have those around a lot, if ever, and our town doesn't yet know how to deal with them.

Simple, what's wrong with Ottofar's question?

JackAT.  If I've played with you before, I don't remember it.  So: favorite scumbuddies, and why?  List four, please.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 01:35:22 pm »

Simple, what's wrong with Ottofar's question?
It's completely unrelated to the game. And nonsensical : what's the use of tapestries in the spirit world ? :P Seriously now:  i assumed it was a joke since it's in no way tied to the game or it could be in any way used to evaluate my mindset. Or i'm missing the point completely ?

Non-related question: Why arsonist is problematic ? If i get it right it's only harder to detect (delayed) SK ?

Mysteriousbluepuppet: Why are you focusing on third parties in your questions ?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 01:39:20 pm »

The harder to detect part is the reason.

Ottofar's question is basically "what color first comes to your mind?"  Violent colors are supposed to be bad (read: excuse to push harder), calm colors good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2011, 01:42:49 pm »

Nuke:  Good answer.

MBP:

Hm.  First time I rolled SK, I went merrily a-killing, trying to weed down the scum team as well as town.  It worked pretty well, so I'd probably go with the same plan.

Vector:  Did BYOR 4 make you paranoid of arsonists?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 01:52:52 pm »

Jim:  It seems you usually don't play BYORs.  If so, what do you expect out of this one?

Judging by previous BYORs that I have had the pleasure of replacing into, large amounts of craziness. It is a Meph game, so I'm expecting that it won't be too crazy.

Although I could be very, very wrong.

Bdthemag, you said you were going to try and actually play this game. If you lurk, what should I take that to mean?

NUKE9.13, so if you're not going to take part in the RVS, what are you going to do while everybody else plays along with it because you're a party pooper?

Leafsnail, you've had lots of success as third parties. As any third party, what role or combination of roles would give you trouble?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2011, 02:07:44 pm »

NUKE9.13, so if you're not going to take part in the RVS, what are you going to do while everybody else plays along with it because you're a party pooper?
Poop the party, obviously. Poop it as hard as I can, until people get so annoyed at me that they almost lynch me, then I will go "Surprise, I was just pooping to get you out of the RVS", and then people will say: "Yeah, right, we've heard that one before", to which I will respond: 'MASSIVE WOT; SUCK ON THAT'. Then no one will read that, and I will get lynched anyway.
Its the perfect plan!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48