Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138441 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2011, 09:07:29 pm »

Oh hey Toasty, i wont vote for Zrk jsut to please your quaint sensibilities. So sorry. And again, would like to remind you my admission that my day1 scumhunt is crap, and i rather love to have at least some reliable data to do real work. Frankly, day 1 scumtells are a toss up, most of the time. Demonstrated proof : you accuse me of being a scum with stupid and unbased arguments :). If you want to lynch me tommorow, please try .

So... You look like scum, because you are bad at d1 scum hunting, because d1 scumtells never work, and you can prove this because you are town?
Am I reading this right? You chose to only defend yourself by saying that day 1 dosn't count?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 2
« Reply #331 on: October 11, 2011, 09:29:10 pm »

MBP.

So.  Let me get this straight.  You quicklynched Leafsnail because...he attacked you for keeping your RVS vote without a reason, and asked why you weren't going for the Zrk2 lynch?  Your defense against Jim's attack is "If you really thought he was town, why didn't you announce 'Leafsnail's probably town?'"  You don't care about Jim's opinion because...he's an asshole?  Which obviously makes his opinion worthless?

IronyOwl: I still want an answer to my question.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 3
« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

Yyyyyyyyyyyyou fuckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrs :I

I'm looking forward to the end of this game, so I can get some justification for this noise.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 11, 2011, 09:31:14 pm »

MBP:
Frankly Jim, i dont care about your opinion. Your game is to spout obscenities, get people angry so that they say shit and you can lynch them with what i imagine is a smug smile. How did you know he was town ? Why not tell us ? Frankly, if you are so good as to be able to detect townie on day 1, why not give us some hint ? Hinsight is 20/20

Wait, so you expect people to say "Hey, I think X is town!" without any impetus?  If you had asked people's opinion of him before quicklynching him, there could have been discussion.

M'eh, i'm now town and powerless.

What were you before?

Need a reread, since both my D1 picks are out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2011, 09:47:57 pm »

Max whiteMostly, i said that i would not put much hunting on day 1, since i'm apparently the only one around who don't like to throw around vote without good suspicion (barring rvs bien sur) and i believe that that day1 scumtells are hardly more precise than random guessing. And i was responding to leaf and toasty, that were apparently flabbergasted that i do not vote for Zrk2, evident scum that he was. Day 1 does count, but for who votes who, the lynched aligment and night actions. Arguing scumtells during day 1 is useless, you have as much chance with picking random people.

ninja x3

Jack AT, In order:
-Felt he was setting up a chainlynch , ''You don't vote like all of us, you are scum hurr durr''
-Mostly rethoric, pretty easy to bring up fault with hindsight, easier still to say that you knew someone was town after they flip.
-I don't care that hes a flaming ass, or that he believe my move was the stupidest move ever ( hes says that all the time anyway) wih bring us to
-I would very much care about his opinions if he would show them to me, for now, i'm waiting for what he saw that made Leaf look town to him. What did he paid attention to and read, etc.

ToasterOf course i don't want people shooting who they trust, that would be ridiculous, and as explained I was pretty sure that he was preparing a chainlynch, and that he was bussing. it was a bad guess, but i abide by it.
I was also town, but i had my power. Lost some meaning between my french idea and my english skills.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »

I mean for one, you just instantly quick lynch and skip a day. Giving the mafia an extra free kill, why would you do that? You didn't have that good of a chance of hitting mafia, and you made us skip an entire day of questioning.

And the wierdest thing is, you say we shouldn't base our arguements on Day 1 Discussion. Yet you force lynch someone based on what they did D1.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2011, 10:08:44 pm »

Because i tought I had found scum, and i was aware that he was going to put me up to lynch soon enough. With my admission that i don't do much day 1 I would have been a easy lynch. If i had hit scum people would look elsewhere, but i failed at that, so yeah.

Discussion a bit, but also vote result, and lyncheed alignment. He was quite insistent on me changing my vote to Zrk, and when he flipped town i tought he was trying to get me to bandwagon. Adding to that, he was setting up ( Toaster too, from memory) so that whatever i do, switiching vote or not, he could put me up for lynch.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2011, 10:10:09 pm »

So you were just trying to save your own ass.

Gotcha.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2011, 10:11:28 pm »

And kill whom i was thinking was scum. Funny how you would miss that, every time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2011, 10:13:31 pm »

MBP:
And i was responding to leaf and toasty, that were apparently flabbergasted that i do not vote for Zrk2, evident scum that he was.

Okay, seriously?  You keep saying this, and I said nothing of the sort.  Go ahead- quote me where I said anything remotely like this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 11, 2011, 10:18:45 pm »

Hmm, checked your post, indeed. I  guess i owe you apologies, So here goes

Sorry mon.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 11, 2011, 10:50:59 pm »

So instead of waiting to see what happened, and if it went bad you'd force lynch. You just force lynched right away. Yeah sounds like a really smart thing to do.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Spirit Walk 2
« Reply #342 on: October 12, 2011, 06:09:56 am »

So, MBP, that was pretty scummy how you totally forced a lynch on somebody as obvtown as Leafsnail.
What the fuck. Why would you consider Leafsnail to be obvtown after he got chainlynching from the beginning, and only after his death, Jim? Also, replying
That is the least satisfying explanation of anybody's reasoning I have ever seen.
to MBP's reasoning is... how can I put it... idiotic. Yeah.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 12, 2011, 06:18:48 am »

Now see here is the thing that has left me sort of stumped. For he's words alone, MBP is looking pretty damn scummy, but... He broke the day. That is a pretty lylo breaking ability, and not something you hand over to scum, so town?

Then again, Powder was scum with an inspect, and that isn't something you normally find in the scum skill set, so it seems reasonable to think that abilities were handed out before roles, so that opens up the chance for lylo breaking moves. In this case, I guess MBP would know he had a good chance to be lynched, and thought to use an awesome one shot ability to kill off a townie + bring the night phase before he was lynched.

So...
Mod: What happens first, abilities are handed out, or the scum team is chosen?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:36 am »

Alright time to make some sense out of it. I must admit that i need to reread the thread first but this i could ask right away:

MBP: Why you shot leafsnail as soon as the day started ? It's not like he could do anything to stop you before day end. And why you have not waited for him to start attacking you ? Killing him after that wouldn't look worse anyway if he turned out scum.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48