Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New Humble Bundle is out  (Read 3717 times)

Rakuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Humble Bundle is out
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 12:04:46 am »

This bundle is kind of disappointing, but I love the fact that these producers are willing to contribute copies of their games to charity.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »

Hrm, I liked Humble Bundle 3 better, but this one ain't bad by any means. Frozen Synapse is a great game, and shadowgrounds sounds interesting to me.

BTW: New game added to the Bundle: SpaceChem
http://www.spacechemthegame.com/about
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 03:00:09 pm »

SpaceChem alone makes this bundle the best, by far. Game of the year, right there.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:35 pm »

Not much of a puzzle person. Tried the demo, wasn't particularly gripped... still, if they keep on adding stuff, I'm going to feel bad about how much I paid :P

Chaosgabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 05:40:32 pm »

I really loved the SpaceChem demo, but i could see it eating away my time, forcing me to neglect every other game i own hunched over some of those bloody puzzles. Especially the bit where it compares your solution to those of all the other people . . .
Compared to that, BF3 is just another manshoot, although all those unlocks and shit are like crack. And not in a good way.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.

010100000101001001000101010100000100000101010010010001010010000001010100010011110010
000001000100010010010100010100101100001000000100111000110000001100000100001000101110

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AirXgJdhuyq6dHNvWVVsZWF6S2xuZzdkSi1xSUdPeVE&hl=de#gid=0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 11:22:36 pm »

Tbh I'm getting quite hooked to it. Far more than to Frozen Synapse. Spacechem is awesome
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 02:14:13 pm »

I caved and got this on a whim, and boy am I glad I did. While SpaceChem was not appealing to me that much (it's not my type of game), Frozen Synapse is incredible after playing it extensively. I really like the gameplay mechanics.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 02:32:25 pm »

Cheers for the new HIB! Both Frozen Synapse and SpaceChem look good, and TRAUMA seems like it could be interesting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »

This bundle looks awesome, not as many games as before though..
trying to decide whether to buy the bundle or a different game I've been looking at. Or both, but I'd rather not be a heartless developer starver again, because now I feel guilty after I played the last one so much xD
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 05:21:56 pm »

I already have both SpaceChem and Frozen Synapse, Frozen Synapse is good and SpaceChem is amazing. I'd totally get the bundle if I hadn't already bought them.

I need to get my shit together and finish that Ω-pseudoethyne level one of these days...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2011, 11:01:37 am »

I'm really enjoying spacechem. I for one would like an open-ended campaign where you have a couple helium inputs and a few other elements and then maybe one or two each of the reactors, then have to make X random output molecules.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 12:32:56 pm »

I for one would like an open ended campaign in which what the poster above said was fitted into a Patrician-style trading game.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 02:12:15 pm »

I've recently run into an infuriating problem. It's infuriating because I'm a CS major. I can see no problem why this particular set of programs would interact in this way.

I've got Rage (not in the bundle, but still relevant), Trine, SpaceChem, and another game that may or may not have been Shadowgrounds installed at the moment.

I can play Rage all I want. If I do, however, the other three don't work.
If I play one of the other three, I can play that one game or Rage but not the other two indie games.
If I play Rage after an indie game, I can no longer play that indie game.

In all cases, I have to restart to be able to play the nonfunctioning games. My first thought was PhysX because I have zero experience with it, but SpaceChem doesn't use it. The only common element is .NET. With something so popular, I would have assumed that it would be properly tested and wouldn't cause stuff like this.

Not really a request for assistance, just a bit of a geek rant.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 02:34:44 pm »

I've recently run into an infuriating problem. It's infuriating because I'm a CS major. I can see no problem why this particular set of programs would interact in this way.

I've got Rage (not in the bundle, but still relevant), Trine, SpaceChem, and another game that may or may not have been Shadowgrounds installed at the moment.

If I play one of the other three, I can play that one game or Rage but not the other two indie games.

In all cases, I have to restart to be able to play the nonfunctioning games. My first thought was PhysX because I have zero experience with it, but SpaceChem doesn't use it. The only common element is .NET. With something so popular, I would have assumed that it would be properly tested and wouldn't cause stuff like this.

Clearly your computer was built in the late 60s.

Or perhaps in the early 10s. Either one requires future sight to run things perfectly, as computers are basically coin flips for the soul. So, what you should be asking is are you feeling lucky?

In all cases, submerging your computer in a tub full of water is probably the best solution. Probably. I'm no doctor here, so my opinion is clearly the best.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 04:01:14 pm »

Clearly your computer was built in the late 60s.

Or perhaps in the early 10s. Either one requires future sight to run things perfectly, as computers are basically coin flips for the soul. So, what you should be asking is are you feeling lucky?

In all cases, submerging your computer in a tub full of water is probably the best solution. Probably. I'm no doctor here, so my opinion is clearly the best.

I'd trust this fellow, he is clearly an authority on this subject. I mean, he's not even a doctor! What more could you ask for?

I'm really enjoying spacechem. I for one would like an open-ended campaign where you have a couple helium inputs and a few other elements and then maybe one or two each of the reactors, then have to make X random output molecules.

Did you try out the research net yet? It's not exactly what you're asking for, but it's a lot more open-ended than the standard campaign, and it has loads of levels.
Entropy is not what it used to be.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4