Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 225440 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2985 on: February 08, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »

Now or never. that was the dilllema that the Ligorian lord was faced with. Winter will set soon, men are growing restless and that bitch out there still somehow managed to hide and be quite well off. But two can play this game, thought Niko.

Send another wave of messngers as bait. Have them stealthily followed by scouts with explicit orders to capture anyone they can for questioning.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: February 09, 2012, 02:06:31 am »

Once he was back at the Embassy, Retcyl immediately ordered his teams to start excavating the arena and the areas below it. The engineer would be most helpful here. Immediately after ordering that, Retcyl decided to visit William at Polca, leaving a message with the secatariat that he would be gone for some time.

Begin excavations on the arena. Engineer will assist. Sail back to Polca with one ship and regiment. Meet with William.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: February 09, 2012, 04:09:26 am »

Send another wave of messngers as bait. Have them stealthily followed by scouts with explicit orders to capture anyone they can for questioning.

[6, 6, 6] Apparently your scouts can pull off near flawless ambushes. Apparently they can take nearly everyone alive. In addition it seems they can also give you De Plume's current location. Your men brag about their prowess all around camp. It was an almost effortless capture. And your messengers seem safely away.
[2,1] The replies however, do not uplift your spirit. Several of your messengers do not return. One from Hopper returns with a single word "Regret." For the most part it seems, there were either other safeguards against your messengers, or the whole of the peninsula would rather side with De Plume than Ligoria.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: February 09, 2012, 05:28:12 am »

"These idiots can go straight to hell!" Nikephoros was clearly annoyed with the replies he got back. But at least the very border was secure and he knew what to count on when invading the rest of the peninsula later on.

De Plume was clearly in the palm of his hand. But he had to move quickly to avoid any problems with the ambushed troopers being missing. If he is to take care of her before winter, it would be now or never.

Move out with everyone towards De Plume hideout/base as quickly as possible. Try to take them by surprise but do not hesitate to cut them down if needed, save for the "Baroness". She is to be captured by all means possible(break her leg or cut a tendon if they have to).

Tactics:
Surprise attack/use handguns first
Split them once(enemy heavy)
Flank them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:53:01 am by Ardas »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: February 09, 2012, 06:11:19 am »

Move out with everyone towards De Plume hideout/base as quickly as possible. Try to take them by surprise but do not hesitate to cut them down if needed, save for the "Baroness". She is to be captured by all means possible(break her leg or cut a tendon if they have to).

[?,?,4] Your men survey the location as you arrive. They discover obvious evidence of several regiments in the vicinity, outside of the main force, which appears to be approximately five regiments strong. De Plume does not stand alone here, flags of at least two other nobles fly. The entire force is incredibly vigilant, as though they knew you were coming.

Your orders are clear. Destroy these rebels and capture the Baroness if possible. The orders of the rebels seem fairly clear as well, Destroy the army of Ligoria. History will never know who charged first that day.

Battle In The Peninsula!
Ligoria's Strength: 12
De Plume and Company's Strength: 7 + 2(Traps) -2 Split.

Round 1 Tactics:
Ligoria: Split Enemy: Heavy. Flank.
De Plume: Flank

Round 1: 13 (1+12) v 10(3+7)
Your men blitz forwards through the rough terrain and manage to pull off a perfect split, one of the enemy regiments is no longer capable of entering the fight. Both sides moved to pull off a flank but were successful, adding no distinct advantage to either side. As your main force crashes forwards however, they begin screaming in the forest. It seems the place is heavily trapped, lending De Plume's forces enough of an advantage to remain in this fight.
De Plume loses 2 regiments of unupgraded infantry.
Ligoria loses 1 regiment (Timothy's Unupgraded infantry)

Round 2: (No tactics points remaining on either side, straight luck on tactics now)
Ligoria Strength: 11
De Plume Strength: 5 + 1(traps!)

Tactics:
Ligoria: Flank
De Plume : None

Round 2: 4. 14(5+ 10-1) vs 10(4+6)
Timothy withdraws his scouts rather than sacrifice them in the event of further casualties by the Ligorian side. The Ligorian attempt at a flank fails as they stumble into yet more traps. De Plume counter charges and the battle is bloody. De Plume's forces are however unable to gain the upper hand in the dense melee and your forces are clearly winning through attrition.
De Plume loses 1 more regiment of unupgraded infantry, and 1 regiment of Heavy infantry.
Ligoria sacrifices Blackadder's Raiders in the press.

Round 3:
Ligoria Strength: 10
De Plume Strength: 2

No Tactics:
11 vs 3 (1 v 1)
You easily out manuever the remainder of De Plume's forces, slaughtering them like dogs. A cloaked figure on horseback attempts to flee, [6] and successfully evades your men.
-----
Ligoria is victorious.
Amongst the wreckage of the camp, you discover an imprisoned Engineer, who is more than willing to join Ligoria for a time, in exchange for his freedom.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:17:50 am by Terenos »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: February 09, 2012, 06:32:50 am »

Nikephoros surveyed the battlefield. Baroness counted on traps and clever game to stop Ligorians, but she was no match for their strentgh of arms. But that victory was only half-successful. Baroness herself apparently fled, and Niko faced a prospect of a drawn out conflict. Nonetheless this victory should make everyone think twice before they organise themselves again.
As soon as the battle ended he gave orders to the scout regiment to send some men and try to track down the route which the "cloacked rider" fled. He must have her, and she has done far too much to be let off the hook.

Nikephoros was quite pleased to find a catured Engineer. Men of mechanical skill and ingenuity are valuable, and construction of roads or siege machines was something that Ligoria would always need.
"What is your name my dear friend? I will be glad to welcome you to our ranks. Is there anything specific that you can tell us about De Plume? where she might have went, who else was here with her and so on?"

After talking with Engineer, Nikephoros gathered Tala and the two borderland lords for a discussion.
"My lady, my Lords. We have finally struck a blow against the "Baroness". But this is not the end. winter will come to us soon, but I need to know whether its worhwile to pursue any further action against the De Plume or should we move towards Ligorian border to spend time there on the home ground? I am myself willing to chase her, but I am not above taking care of the needs of my men."

Send scout regiment to track the rider's escape if possible. Welcome the engineer and question him on aything about De Plume.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: February 09, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »

Send scout regiment to track the rider's escape if possible. Welcome the engineer and question him on aything about De Plume.
The engineer seems to be a fairly personable fellow.
"Dey call me Artur. As far as the Baroness...well she said she'd hire me. And der was no work in Mileth like I was expecting after those spud-eaters invaded. Next thing I know I get coshed upside the noggin and put to work doing all manner of thing. Secret tunnels, traps in the forest.. Didn't really get out much 'cept under guard and didn't see the posh noble bastards she was with."

Timothy seems somewhat annoyed. Blackadder seems to have taken the results of the battle in stride. Blackadder is the one who speaks, as Timothy seems to be fuming.
"I say, shes a wily woman indeed. She'll likely have dozens of hidey holes she can run to. I also highly doubt that this is any sort of setback to her, in grand terms. Our own forces need to be replenished and a winter campaign in these forests will favor the defender. As such I suggest a return to Talama. "

[1] Alas, your scouts bumble through the forest and manage to obliterate most of the rider's tracks.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:25 pm »

Tala crossed her legs and raised her voice.

"All the better, Artur. You would doubtless have been...well, let me just say she has an odd view of men-mostly, that they be disposable once their value has been used up.

Thus, I believe an extended Winter campaign would be fairly unwise...as he says, De Plume will be ready for a pursuit. I would question the assumption she was ever actually here in person, actually. It is her way to use doubles and intermediaries, only appearing where she is least expected. We will not find her this Winter, at least with an army at our heels.

A small force would have better luck tracking her, maybe."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:24 pm »

Head to the Guardhouse and get info any info they have on the major criminals in Polca, and any info on the hideouts of the rest of the smugglers.

"Actually no. They have, for the time being, fled from Polca. I'm sure smugglers will return eventually - they always do."

[25] The guards, while certainly not happy to see you, agree to help you all the same. Seems the simple city guard is loyal to he who signs their paychecks more than anything really. Aside from the Smugglers, there are no real 'major' criminals. Just a handful of pickpockets and such, nothing they can't handle with their current numbers.

Check with the leader of Veruna about the current state of diplomatic and military affairs

[634] Marquois Duvet is mor ethan happy to entertain guests of Galam. Information you came for is happily provided (maps, situation reports, the political tension between the nations, etc), though his expectations are a tad skewed...

"So, has Eshir decided to return his men to our borders to save us from the military oppression of our neighbors?"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:58 pm »

"Thank you for your cooperation."

Boring.
Indeed.

Check on the state of Businesses, Work and Trade Agreements in Polca. Check out if there are any slums in Polca, check out if there is any problems in the lands around Polca- Bandits, crops dying, necromancers raising armies of the dead-
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: February 10, 2012, 08:16:48 am »

"That depends on how bad the situation is here. If the situation has recently gotten better, maybe. However I cannot speculate on whether Eshir would re-accept your contracts, and the event that he would, when he will renew them."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: February 10, 2012, 06:52:58 pm »

"Very well then. We cannot do anything now, at least not anything that can push the campaign forward. Lets return to Ligoria for winter."

Take everyone and return to Talama for Winter.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: February 10, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

Check on the state of Businesses, Work and Trade Agreements in Polca. Check out if there are any slums in Polca, check out if there is any problems in the lands around Polca- Bandits, crops dying, necromancers raising armies of the dead-

[3] Business isn't as prolific as it could be in Polca. Their chief export is simply the Glass manufactured here, but the needs of the people seems to be adequately provided. [6] There's always going to be poor, or at least poor-er, in every city. The line between the upper and lower classes in Polca is almost non-existant. The people with the means to provide all their wants don't seem to stick out over those that can't. [1] Rumors have spread within Polca of bandits outside of Polca's borders, never entering but occasionally merchants will leave and never return. No wrecked caravans or bodies are ever found. Some believe the bandits to be amyth or a hallucination of the border dwellers.

"That depends on how bad the situation is here. If the situation has recently gotten better, maybe. However I cannot speculate on whether Eshir would re-accept your contracts, and the event that he would, when he will renew them."

"Things haven't changed much since he withdrew - on virtually no notice and with no reasoning truly provided to us. Things have gotten more hostile between all of us, but that's nothing new. It happens from time to time - especially when things get tight in other nations."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:15:57 pm by CyberGenesis »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: February 10, 2012, 08:10:37 pm »

It is now Winter...
[2] ...and it's going to suck. Unnaturally cold weather has begun to settle upon the Coast. Winds have given sea traders an advantage this season (+1 to travel rolls) while many staple goods from food to cloth have become scarce as citizens all over the Coast have begun to stockpile due to the cold. (+1 inc)

Armies are having trouble with their standards rations and supplies. Lords all over have had to make a choice between distance and cost of new supplies. (Player kings: Pick +10% upkeep for the season (.25d for every 10d in upkeep) or -1 to travel for your armies)

Previous Season (Autumn 416a), Next Season (doesn't exist yet!)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: February 10, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »

(-1 to movement?)

It sounds like a trap.
It does, doesn't it?

William sends his Crimson Guards to investigate if the rumors- about the bandits- have any truth to them. He spends the 1d on the people, possibly on warm food and drink or what have you.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 220