Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 233050 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2805 on: January 25, 2012, 06:26:56 pm »

Laythe continued her search, being more discreet, and spreading around lower-denominations of currency where necessary. The prize was atleast here in the city, it just needed a bit more subtlety to root out.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: January 25, 2012, 09:13:43 pm »

After the Wedding:
William stepped into Kathos's office after knocking, wearing his leather armor over a simple black shirt with wide sleeves.

"Hey Kathos, may I ask you a favor?"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:29:20 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: January 26, 2012, 03:15:33 am »

Reaching the Bleeding Scales Franz is treated by a woman who works for the Bloody fists as a doctor. The woman is tall, well built and has beautiful dark long hair. It was hard for Franz to notice the wounds that she tended for as her fine clothes showed off her excellent body with ease. The sight was, vigourating and so was the "healing" that Franz got to enjoy.

After collecting his ducat from Hugo Franz heard of the soon-to-be-wedding in the town square of the government officials, time for some fun. He quickly drafted a note with excellent style and handwriting, it read "As Ligoria just went through a revolution I am sure that you would like the services of a master assassin. If you would like to contact him come to the "Galloping Horse" inn and the trader's district. He will be in the left corner smoking a long pipe and he is wearing a red cloak over his left shoulder."

After this he heads out in minimal clothing and searches for the person who will be a royal's carriage chauffer in the wedding. He will knock him uncouncious and take his place. try to slip the letter to the Lord Chancellor.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:17:07 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: January 26, 2012, 07:22:52 am »

Ortwin was feeling...awkward to say the least, he had no idea what he was doing at this wedding, except for doing what Nikephoros said to him, he hoped that the whole ardour would be over soon, his brother was dead and he still didn't know why...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: January 26, 2012, 10:57:54 am »

Pasha smiled and took Tala's hand before the priest cleared his throat to get the assembly's attention. He inclined his head to Nikephoros, not wanting to interrupt the sermon with a reply, but letting him know he appreciated the concern with the gesture. The priest had launched into what Pasha felt was a general-purpose sort of wedding speech that he only half-listened to; he didn't think any Gods existed, and if they did he doubted they cared about the fates of individual humans. He was busier paying attention to his bride.

Eventually, he heard the priest ask him if he had any thing he wanted to say, and Pasha nodded before turning to completely face Tala. "I never thought we would ever be standing here, Tala. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, and any and all pain and suffering I've been through is a small price for the happiness you've brought me. I can only hope that I can make you as happy as you've made me. I promise, no matter what happens - war, famine, plague, both of us get old and grumpy," he paused with a quick smile for Tala, "I'll stand by you. You are the only person I've ever loved, and my home is wherever you are."

The priest indicated it was Tala's turn to speak.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: January 26, 2012, 11:45:03 am »

Tala was only vaguely paying attention to the Priest. He was doing a good enough job, but it was clear he was more grand standing for the crowd for his own popularity, more than doing anything for  their benefit. That might have made her angry on any other day. Today? She was willing to let it go. This wasn't the real ceremony anyway, so she could hardly blame him.

Pashas words made it hard for her to keep composure. She only let fall a single tear, which Pasha helpfully wiped away with a warm smile.

It was her turn to speak. She raised Pashas hands in her own.

"Pasha.

You have shown me true happiness-and understanding, strength, closeness and honesty...in a world that often seems so cold and dark. You have stood beside me, even when I did not do the same. You brought me out of that dark place I was, and gave me everything I could ever have hoped for, asking for nothing in return. We are bonded, closer than any two can be-heart, mind, body and soul.

Today, I return your gifts, unconditionally. I will stand with you now, in love-war and peace, good times and bad.

Forever and ever, my Love."

Together they faced the Priest. Tala smiled. Vows. She had taken only a few of them in her life. To various gangs and cults in her early years, to the Dragon Empire, to Laythe...This was the first one she wanted to take.

Her overeager eyes flicked once to the rooftops, where eager hands awaited the signal. The street children had been hired in droves to let fly thousands of green rose petals from baskets and bags into the city square, as soon as the cheer rose up-a storm of jade silk...and there was such a good breeze blowing in today...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: January 26, 2012, 04:41:33 pm »

After the Wedding:
William stepped into Kathos's office after knocking, wearing his leather armor over a simple black shirt with wide sleeves.

"Hey Kathos, may I ask you a favor?"

"Of course, William. What can I do for you?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: January 26, 2012, 04:56:17 pm »

"Of course, William. What can I do for you?"

"I picked up a few tricks with a blade while I was gone and I was wondering if I could test my mettle against yourself. Zerim versus Thunderblade. Both in scabbards and we'll both be armored. What do you say?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: January 26, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »

Kathos looked at William with puzzled eyes.

"Why me? Is there nobody else that you could fight against?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: January 26, 2012, 05:08:52 pm »

"No one as good as you. Or as trustworthy..."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: January 26, 2012, 05:18:41 pm »

William marked a few points. Kathos always tried to place his common sense before his pride, but in that case, a little vanity wouldn't hurt, eh?

"I've been training recently, too. I guess testing my own skills could be useful... We can go to the inner courtyard. There's plenty of space for sparring over there. If you will follow me..."

Kathos led William to the courtyard. He had been training there over the past few months, but Adrian and his guard were not the best partners for sparring. They hesitated to hit hard.

A servant brought his armor to him. It was his old black-and-gold armor, completely unchanged since the last time he had used it. It was a full plate and mail armor, quite heavy, perfect for fighting against powerful opponents. Kathos equipped it, and he took his sword, still in the scabbard. He activated a mechanic, and with a 'click' the scabbard was locked, to make sure that it would not fall during the fight.

"Anything you want to say before we start?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: January 26, 2012, 05:30:17 pm »

William snapped a thin -but strong-  length of chain that hung off the black and white dyed scabbard, to a part of Zerim. Then secured another one on the other side. With a quick motion William attempted to flick the scabbard off the blade, but the Deep Steel chain held securely, and the blade moved not an inch. He normally never bothered with the chain's before, preferring to be able to draw the blade quickly if problems arose.

William bowed, holding the covered blade to one side as he did so. He then shifted his feet and straightened himself out.
"Nope, ready when you are. First move is your's, Masteri Thunderblade."

Get ready to spar, Kathos gets to make the first move.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:39:05 pm by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: January 26, 2012, 05:31:27 pm »

Fight. Win.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: January 26, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »

Duel between Kathos and William
Both sides are well armored, and the weapons are blunted. Both swordsmen are moderately skilled. They agree that each landed blow will be worth a point, and first to three is victorious.
[5v4] Kathos strikes first, brute forcing his way past William's guard and pressing his sheathed blade against William's collarbone. Point goes to Kathos.
[3v5] William, unconcerned with losing the first exchange rallies quickly, adapting to Kathos' technique and containing the next assault, before slipping past Kathos' guard and pressing the tip of his scabbard into Kathos' gut.
[6v4] William attempts to press his advantage with a cunning low kick which is telegraphed badly and Kathos takes supreme advantage, unbalancing William with a few swift strikes before taking the next point by striking William's hand.
[4v1] William finds his fingers somewhat numb, his grip poor. This unfortunately, signals the end of the fight.
Kathos is the winner.

After this he heads out in minimal clothing and searches for the person who will be a royal's carriage chauffer in the wedding. He will knock him uncouncious and take his place. try to slip the letter to the Lord Chancellor.
[4,3] Your attempt to knock out the driver of one of the royal carriages meets great success. You place your letter within, and take someone home from the wedding. With luck the letter will find its way to the Lord Chancellor.

Laythe continued her search, being more discreet, and spreading around lower-denominations of currency where necessary. The prize was at least here in the city, it just needed a bit more subtlety to root out.
[3,6] Your generosity is well received by the lower classes, who drink to your health until they find out what you're searching for. Theres a general shuffling as a result of many patrons leaving the bar, most with drinks still in hand. The barkeep places his hand pointedly under the bar before saying.
"Questions like that, are mighty dangerous. Why you looking?"
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: January 26, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »

Kathos smiled and lowered his sword.

"You fight well, William, but you need to adapt to your opponents. Trying to block the attacks of a man with my style and wielding a longsword like mine is foolish. Dodging would have been far wiser."

He unclicked the scabbard and replaced it at his belt.

"How is your hand?"
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 220