Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231474 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2610 on: January 11, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

Behind William's Barracks:
" There's been a change of plans. I'm hoping to keep that idiot alive for a bit longer then I originally thought…I‘ll still let you kill him after he outlived his usefulness...The Law carries a lot of weight with the people who abide by it. The smugglers are the ones that need to go down first. They are too powerful at the current time."

"What of you then? Know how to fight good?"

Terryn grinned, patting the pommel of his longsword. "Of course. What kind of knight do you take me for?" he replied, tone lighthearted. "But I didn't agree to work with you in order to take out smugglers or gangs, you understand. Separate pay for separate jobs."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 11, 2012, 11:39:47 pm »

In the Gaurdhouse:
William handed back the pad.
"Can you tell me the ones that do it full time? Part timers aren't much of a problem, just the ones that do it as a fulltime career."

Behind the Barracks:
"Same price, lighter work, and I'll introduce you to people that love mercenaries like yourself. Plus, if you prove yourself until next fall. I’ll give you a permanent retainer of...four ducats a year, for two years, starting next. More if you stay for longer. to be negotiated later, plus I’ll pay for new arms and armor for your men. What about that?"

((Translation: 4d a year for two years, plus a heavy upgrade for staying one year. Take it or leave it....Heheheheh...))
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:51:57 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 12, 2012, 12:39:07 am »

Behind William's Barracks...

Terryn had to wonder how a man leading an apparently defected chapter from Lonemine, who had failed to capture Polca even after successfully removing the guards from the picture for an entire night, could possibly pay him four ducats for two years running. He also had to wonder, quite seriously, how this man could afford to upgrade the Thornbred's equipment on the whole.

Either this Sanguine, he decided, was more than he appeared, or he was being lied to. Terryn was not one to trust in others. All that "Sanguine" had going for him at the moment was that Polca's Captain didn't seem to particularly care either way whether or not he lived, meaning that there was no risk of reprisal should the Hedge Knight take the fool's path. The Commander of the Thornbred Knights frowned. "That's a tall order, Sanguine. How do I know you're good for it?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 12, 2012, 03:36:28 am »

William stepped into the room and all three of the bored looking guards snapped to attention. William knew Chironas was angry at him for ‘Locking her away in a tower’, because she pointedly ignored him until he spoke to her or kissed her. He hoped this would perk her up…or at least relieve her boredom.
"Hey, Love, want to come with me, while I carry out some ‘business‘?"

Chironas could play hard to get for so long. She turned back to him, grudgingly.

"I'd be delighted, William.

Since, these four walls will kill me through idleness as surely as the Assassin we so fear. Not that I've had nothing to do...

Did you have something fun in mind? Fire and all that. I do so love when you set things on fire, William."

On the nearby desk, unnoticed but no hidden, Chironas begun writing the Chronicle once again, using second hand accounts of Williams days for now. She no longer belonged to the Order, but still believed in what she did...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 12, 2012, 05:57:38 pm »

Maraas Belladom loots and burns Ligoria's undefended harbor like the honourless pirate he is with his Swan Knight (Light Warship) and then gets the hell away to Polca!

((Sorry man!))

[53] Success!

In the middle of the night, your ship pulls into the harbor. Your men casually leave and head into the various buildings along the marina. A few of which hold the tax coffers of the last few months. Your men manage to scavenge 3d from the port and run off to Polca before they get caught.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »

Behind the Barracks:
"That's a tall order, Sanguine. How do I know you're good for it?"
William smiled.
"How do you know I'm not? And besides, this is all a test run...I want to see you actually fight and kill before I give you anything or show you anything. If your up for it, your gonna help me destroy some boats and burn down a building or two..."

In William's bedroom:
"Indeed there will be, Love, I'll show you a trick that Kain showed me, if I can find some gunpowder...or else I'll have to do it manually, which should be Fun..."

Find somebody selling a barrel ((Hopefullly .5d's worth)) of gunpowder in Polca.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 12, 2012, 07:32:23 pm »

Behind Sanguine's Barracks...

Sir Terryn arched an eyebrow, and then glanced over to Oswald. "What do you think?" The mercenary gave a small shrug, and the Hedge Knight turned his attention back to Sanguine. "There's something you should know about us Thornbred," the Mercenary Commander began, running a gloved hand through his fiery hair, "We've done..."business" with chapters from Lonemine before."

The Hedge Knight paused for a moment to let that sink in, idly tapping the grooves on his longsword's pommel. After a moment, he continued, "We'll take the job, but you better be able to pay for it. We don't work for free."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:07 pm »

Find somebody selling a barrel ((Hopefullly .5d's worth)) of gunpowder in Polca.

[4] You find a merchant in town from Shola. Seems the university has been experimenting with a refined black powder they've been producing. The merchant is willing to offload the remainder of a barrel on you for half a ducat. He just leaves you the warning that you should store it anywhere prone to getting set on fire.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:53 pm »

Behind William's Barracks...
"Very good, you'll receive one and a quarter ducat tomorrow, here, and the agreed upon pay on the first day of spring, next year."
He pointed at Terryn.
"However, I expect to see you in my Barracks soon, your going to help me destroy some stuff tonight. Got anything thinner then that? Like leather armor?"

Fill three bags with (8.3 pounds of gunpowder) with gunpowder, and put several long, waxed, unlit candle wicks into them, make sure everyone is kept away from these.
Then acquire three eighty pound bags of flour.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 13, 2012, 12:09:39 am »

Fill three bags with (8.3 pounds of gunpowder) with gunpowder, and put several long, waxed, unlit candle wicks into them, make sure everyone is kept away from these.
Then acquire three eighty pound bags of flour.

[644] Your men manage to get ahold of the requested materials, you don't ask how. The assembly goes well, only one of your men manages to get any of the product in their eyes. He spends a whole day basically stiking his head in a tub, rubbing his eyes.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:42 am »

William's Barracks:
"Almost done. Oh stop whining Lucius, I told you not to play with the goddamn stuff, didn't I?"

William tests- WITHOUT THE OTHER END IN GUNPOWDER/ALCHOHOL/OR OTHER EXPLODEY SUBSTANCE- one of the waxed candle wicks to see how long it takes until it burns to the end...Outside or as far away from the gunpowder as he can get... He'll count under his breath the exact seconds.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 13, 2012, 12:43:10 am »

William tests- WITHOUT THE OTHER END IN GUNPOWDER/ALCHOHOL/OR OTHER EXPLODEY SUBSTANCE- one of the waxed candle wicks to see how long it takes until it burns to the end...Outside or as far away from the gunpowder as he can get... He'll count under his breath the exact seconds.

[5] The wicks are of a decent manufacture. They take a few minutes to burn out. More than enough time to ditch the surprise somewhere and be at least a block away before anyone gets their present.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 13, 2012, 01:11:30 am »

Behind Sanguine's Barracks
Terryn arched an eyebrow. He was wearing leather. "I can come in the nude if you'd like, Captain," the Hedge Knight paused to let Donald's sudden coughing fit subside, "Else this brigandine will have to do. Will it be a party, or should I leave my brothers back at the camp?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:04 am »

((Whoops, swore you wore heavy...Note to self, actually read things.))
William flipped a coin and then caught it after glancing at Terryn.
"Huh...Must be going blind or something, but no, that will do. And no, your soldiers will not be required for this exercise."

Back in the Barracks:
William flipped the pad over and re-read what the captain said about which ships were the most problematic and smuggled in the most contraband.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 13, 2012, 08:22:29 am »

Behind Sanguine's Barracks...

The Mercenary Commander favored the Lonemine Commander with an exaggerated frown, before moving to lead his men out of the alleyway. "Very well then, Sanguine. I'll see you tonight, unless you send word for me sooner."

-Terryn waits until that night, or until word is sent for him, and then heads to William's Barracks accompanied by Oswald and Donald.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 220