Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231475 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2580 on: January 09, 2012, 04:23:09 pm »

((Sorry for the time shenanigans. Also: Skyrim is addictive.))

In Talama:
[4] Franz breaks out the window with his jacket wrapped around his hand and clears out some of the glass.
[1] He makes to jump when suddenly a crossbow bolt hits him square in the shoulder. and he tumbles off.
[5] Luckily -for some- he hits the straw instead of the cobblestones.

Several people saw him get shot. that he’s covered with blood and gore, that he is bleeding from several minor wounds, and unsurprisingly ran off screaming for the guards. Meanwhile, a few gang members look down from the window and decides...[5]...not to come after you and instead to get going before the guards arrive.

In the Guardhouse:
William smiled at the Capitan.
"Very good. That makes two of us...heh..."
He slipped a small notebook out of his pocket.
"I wish to request your aid in removing all the smugglers from this city."

During the Meeting with Terryn:
William walked into the back alley behind his "Barracks", with two of his guards flanking him, they glared sullenly at the thugs the alley contained, but didn’t make a move
"Sorry for the lateness. I was meeting with some charming smugglers. I assume your here to talk strategy...or pay?

Earlier that Week, during the meeting with Rectyl:
William's usual good-humored smile fades away when Rectyl walks into his office. He has his feet up on the desk and is reading through a slightly bloodstained report, which he drops onto the desk when he sees the Hatcur looking at it. He gestures to a chair and speaks when the Lizard sits.
"Sorry to make you wait, my friend, how are you? And what is this meeting concerning?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 09, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »

Admiral Sevirius laughed, draining another shot of Galam Honey Ale. Ahh, sweet. He had gotten the taste from one of Lady Alanis's fabulous parties. He wondered how that gal was getting on...and wished he had the courage to court the girl when he had the chance...ahh, pining over lost opportunity? He really was getting old.

Usually, he was in fashionable silken bandanna (his trademark), pressed shirt, shiny buttons, clean military slacks. Ah, now look at me, he thinks-nothing but an open shirt and dirty slacks, though he kept the bandanna for hilarity's sake.

Admiral of a fleet consisting of a single vessel, serving a deposed Queen who probably won't be able to afford my wages come this year next. Ligoria had been robbed of his service, in his own estimation, and now he couldn't even go home and see his kids without getting strung up in a drumhead court martial.

He wished he could have told them-how, when Laythe had battered her way to his ship from a city in chaos, he was just following orders-get the the Queen to safety.

No one had told him about the bloody rebellion! He might joined them if they asked.

By the time he gathered what had happened, they were sailing to ports unknown, and he was essentially an unwilling accomplice in the Queens flight. Couldn't go home, couldn't tell the Ex-Queen to bugger off and throw her overboard-she had more soldiers in her retinue than his entire crew, and more battle hardened and equipped besides. So, he decided that he had no choice but to follow her orders...

Then, you ask, why was he still here? Something akin to house arrest, yes. Laythe couldn't leave. And they were not letting him leave either-or perhaps that was just the Queens way of keeping him from sailing away in the dead of night.

He had given thought to it-becoming a merchant, or more likely a pirate. It would be a marked decrease in his life expectancy, to be sure.

Still, when the Queen unexpectedly entered the cool sky-lit annex he had occupied to drink, he stood up groggily, saluting proudly-pride was all he had left.

"My Queen. Forgive me my...uh, state. Was there something you needed to discuss with me?"

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:14:10 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 09, 2012, 06:40:50 pm »

"I would've appreciated if you sent notice that you would be drinking Sevirius." Laythe sat down on a chair next to the table opposite Sevirius. She did not mind nor cared about how drunk he was.

"This is about your orders for later. I came here to discuss them but I think that you may not be in the condition to hear them right now..." As Laythe remarked on Sevirius' state of inebreation, her bodyguards took up seats beside her, their faces slightly weary from the long trip at sea.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 09, 2012, 06:45:16 pm »

"My Queen! I've only just begun to drink. I'm toasting to lost Ligoria, even now shuddering other the iron fist of the twin tyrants who deposed ye."

Admiral Sevirius flashed an ungentlemanly smile. What was she going to do? Banish him?

"Rest assured, I maintain my wits in your presence."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 09, 2012, 06:59:48 pm »

"Very well, I'll send the orders later. And don't you worry, those "Tyrants" will get what's coming to them, very much what's coming to them. Needless to say you'll be going merchant for a while, but you'll have more than one ship under your command then. You'll be well rewarded once we take back my city. Anything else you wanted to discuss Admiral?"

Laythe drew a sharp smile on her face at the thought of revenge, one could say she was obsessed with that fact. At the very least, she had a few plans, and a newly-found sense wisdom from this chain of events.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 09, 2012, 07:09:45 pm »

Admiral Sevirius mood suddenly turned askew. As often happened when he as drinking.

"Reward? The only reward I want to see my kin again, my Queen. I left everything-and everyone-in Ligoria. My home, my savings, my land-mother, brother, three sisters, a son, a daughter, three ex-wives whom I maintained very good relationships with, and a very flexible mistress named Elia."

He paused to take another shot.

"Do you really think we have a chance to get it all back, my Queen? I must ask for honesty from my majesty, for as you can imagine my loyalty to you has been...sorely tested.

Merchant man for a while sounds well, anyway...but, uh-since, we are technically at war with an occupied Ligoria, could a captain such as I supplement his income through certain means by which one wages war on the sea?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 09, 2012, 07:20:46 pm »

"All in due time Sevirius. Needless to say the plan is an obvious one, considering where we are. And as for your loyalty, I can understand with these circumstances and what I've done. However, I'm changing, and no longer shall I be the woman that was at Mileth.

And as for the privateering idea, such a risk can't be done right now, atleast by us anyway, nor would we have the funds to spare for any extra ships to come along after all the money needed for the merchant venture..."

Laythe had one of her bodyguards pass her a filled mug of Honey ale, which Laythe promptly started drinking once it had arrived.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 09, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »

William walked into the back alley behind his "Barracks", with two of his guards flanking him, they glared sullenly at the thugs the alley contained, but didn’t make a move
"Sorry for the lateness. I was meeting with some charming smugglers. I assume your here to talk strategy...or pay?
Terryn smiled, spreading his arms wide. Oswald shifted so that his commander's movement did not block a potential shot, his hand resting on his throwing axes. "Come now, Sanguine," the Knight Commander replied, "Can a friend not simply visit a friend for a chat?"

The Hedge Knight sighed, shaking his head. "No, of course not. We've already talked pay, haven't we? I've news that I think you'll find interesting. In fact, this news culminates in a plan. Are you certain that this is an...adequate location for such a conversation?"
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 09, 2012, 07:41:33 pm »

Admiral Sevirius nodded somberly.

"Fair enough. But I shall be very impolite to those captains running the traitor flag all the same!

Have you see the ghastly thing-purple and gold, with the sun on it it? I suppose they thought it was 'fashionable'...

and, If I have to 'defend' myself against them, well there's nothing to be done about that, anyway..."

The Admiral brightened up. He felt a sudden flash of Ambrosial insight. He waited till Laythe at least had one mug in her. Here he goes!

"A toast my Queen! To our glorious future...together.

On that account, have I complimented on your beauty, Queen Laythe? It is how they say, that a strong woman shines all the more brightly in times of danger, and you shine most magnificently, My Queen-like a bright star on a cold winters night...breathtakingly beautiful, so very bright and warm, yet so far away and...unobtainable. It is an intoxicating brew.

Must my Queen remain a distant Star in the night sky for her entire life?"

Sevirius smiled warmly. He was passed caring.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 09, 2012, 08:14:56 pm »

"A sun. A fucking sun... Fucking Talolists... And if they attack first, well, there's no problem with that. Just don't go throwing the first punches against them."

Laythe then went to take another sip of Ale. Of course, this was when Sevirius decided that his "Comment" would be best uttered. Needless to say the ale Laythe was drinking from the mug went back into it, as well as a bit of saliva.

Laythe stared at Sevirius for a few seconds, dumbstruck that he actually said word along those lines, Then just facepalmed.

"I'm going to let you have that one, if only because of your state of inebreation. Though I would remind you that I'm not your mistress. Of course, if you want her back so badly, I can see what I can do about that."

Laythe then resumed drinking the ale, hoping there wasn't any other nasty surprises.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 09, 2012, 08:26:11 pm »

Admiral Sevirius laughed uproariously.

"Indeed, if I were not slightly inebriated I would not have mustered the courage, my Queen!

As for my mistress, I daresay she may have moved on to more profitable venture by now...my brother has had eyes on her for years..."

The Admiral knew, though-he had braved a place where men dared not tread. He had been rejected, but no one would doubt his courage, the reach for that penultimate prize. He could imagine himself already recounting the story of how he hit upon a Queen in bars and pubs in his older years...maybe with some embellishments...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 09, 2012, 08:40:55 pm »

"Heh, guess that's why they call alcohol liquid courage in the army then. At any rate, I'll be back here within a week or so with the orders. So in the meanwhile, don't drink too much, I need you able to think in the coming season."

And with that, Laythe downed the remaining ale in her mug, and left the annex with her bodyguards. One could say she had a smile on her face when she left the room, though it's not as if anyone saw that...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 10, 2012, 12:45:29 am »

In the Guardhouse:
William smiled at the Capitan.
"Very good. That makes two of us...heh..."
He slipped a small notebook out of his pocket.
"I wish to request your aid in removing all the smugglers from this city."

"And what kind of aid do you request? I suppose you have some ideas on how to accomplish in a single season what I've spent the better part of a decade trying to do?" He sighs a little, "The Lord himself I have to blame for much of that failure. I swear they must be paying him off. Every time I request a larger budget to purge the marina - I'm denied. He simply states issues about the backlash of the attempt should I fail...backlash to his coinpurse maybe..."
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:30 am »

((Sorry, haven't been around lately.))

Retcyl finally found the Elv, in some dingy office. To be truthful, Retcyl had been surprised. He expected some manor or perhaps some place...dirty instead.

Blood? What have you been doing, William?

The hatcuri sat down and took a paper from his sleeve-pocket. He put it by William's foot and waited as he read it. 

Quote from: Hugo
<most of the letter>

To summarize:

The queen is out of here. A new government will soon be established.

Course, Retcyl had slipped William a censored copy, wouldn't be wise to give him the original.

After seeing William finish, Retcyl said, "You know what this means William. We need to get back to Ligoria soon and bolster our strength there. Polca is you-ours, its Lord but a vassal. True, a very unloyal one, but a vassal."

After a moment, Retcyl said something of Laythe. "I feel that you would want to hunt down the queen? Or what would she be called now...a criminal?"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:04:05 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 10, 2012, 11:28:07 am »

During the Meeting in the Gaurdhouse:
"And what kind of aid do you request? I suppose you have some ideas on how to accomplish in a single season what I've spent the better part of a decade trying to do?" He sighs a little, "The Lord himself I have to blame for much of that failure. I swear they must be paying him off. Every time I request a larger budget to purge the marina - I'm denied. He simply states issues about the backlash of the attempt should I fail...backlash to his coinpurse maybe..."
William made a note on the pad.
"I need Information...Do you know which ships are smuggler ships? And who the best fighters in that gang are? My informant failed to give that info before he ended up in the bay."

Behind William's Barracks.
Terryn smiled, spreading his arms wide. Oswald shifted so that his commander's movement did not block a potential shot, his hand resting on his throwing axes. "Come now, Sanguine," the Knight Commander replied, "Can a friend not simply visit a friend for a chat?"

The Hedge Knight sighed, shaking his head. "No, of course not. We've already talked pay, haven't we? I've news that I think you'll find interesting. In fact, this news culminates in a plan. Are you certain that this is an...adequate location for such a conversation?"

"I didn't know you considered me a friend, or else I would have brought something to drink. And yes, this is a safe place to discuss the matters we are going to discuss. Have your men ever fought gangs before?"

During the meeting with Rectyl:
After seeing William finish, Retcyl said, "You know what this means William. We need to get back to Ligoria soon and bolster our strength there. Polca is you-ours, its Lord but a vassal. True, a very unloyal one, but a vassal."

After a moment, Retcyl said something of Laythe. "I feel that you would want to hunt down the queen? Or what would she be called now...a criminal?"

Will smiled, then when he thought about it, frowned. He sat tapping his fingers on the table, as he re-read.
"Huh. Interesting. Very interesting. I do agree with you about heading back to Ligoria, but leaving this place without a garrison of my men would be folly, as the lord certainly wouldn't let me back in."
Then William smiled as a thought occurred.
"I dunno if I still want to hunt down Laythe, it seems redundant now that she’s off the throne. Perhaps she would like some help getting it back?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 220