Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231554 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2355 on: December 29, 2011, 07:52:14 pm »

It was the next night, and everything was set into motion. The Real Crimson Guards, not those newbies, stayed awake and made sure they were the only ones on Guard, while the newbs and the hangers-on slept deeply due to drugged ale.
Then it occurred, not with a bang or a orgy of senseless violence, but quick, painless death came to anybody who didn't train in Lonemine.
The next Morning, the guard was back down from ninety five to sixty five and thirty bodies were under the sea.
William had become keen, ordering his men to stitch his jackets back up, to repair the Black Rose sigils on the shoulders, to polish boots until they shined. Then William bought better arms and better armor then the leather they once had and made them drill to remember the old tactics. He burned the rest of the uniforms besides for the ones he needed for his men.
Upgrade my personal Guard with Heavy and Tactical upgrades and pay to repair the outside of the brothel.

Spoiler: Finances (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:56:33 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 29, 2011, 07:57:15 pm »

The signal has arrived. Time to move out. And apparently Queen was getting creative, trying to flee when she felt that her time is growing short.
Time for waiting was over. Nikephoros decided to trap her in the city and force her to face the reality.
Troopers organised themselves and begun marching towards the financial district, with few men left on the outpost in the Docks and making sure that no ship left Talama tonight. Barrels with pitch, used to make the ships watertight, were opened and moved so that they could be dropped on the decks and set aflame when the need arose.

Regiment moves towards the bank to intercept Laythe, in concert with the mob and Kathos' men. Leave few guards to burn the ships in case Laythe manages to get to the docks.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:02:49 pm by Ardas »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: December 29, 2011, 08:50:54 pm »

Kathos' men build a barricade and recruit crowds to stop the Queen from escaping
Kathos is herding the crowds towards the banks

Wait for Kathos and his men. Unless informed or noted of anything extraordinary, move to the palace once contact with Kathos was made.

Regiment moves to wards the bank to intercept Laythe, in concert with the mob and Kathos' men. Leave few gurads to burn the ships in case Laythe manages to get to the docks.
Embezzle all the money out the treasury, Laythe heads to the bank with her Bodyguards, Cavalry unit, Engineers to the bank after embezzling the funds from the treasury to take out a 12d loan, and to the docks afterwards to board the naval ship there with all the funds. Retrieve Hyte, explain to him the entire situation and bring him along too. The spies are to infiltrate the army, and are to await further orders.

The personal guard of the Queen manages to gut the treasury for most of the treasury (85% will do the math after things settle). The journey to the bank isn't difficult, but arrival there proves the bank employees are rather quick and efficient when riots break out - the doors are locked. Monarchal (its a word now damnit) orders cause the bank employees to open the door for the Queen simply out of fear if not because they're state employees. They soon regret opening the door when the Queen's men start to loot the vaults. Much the the assets of the bank are not fluid and are tied in provisions and other business ventures. They make off with roughly 60% of what they came for (7.2d).

Attempts to leave via the gates are ignored entirely in favor of the sea exit. Despite the royal army being at the gates by now, they'd never make it - and after looting the bank, wouldn't be met with the greatest of smiling faces. Taking their horses, the Queen and her entourage head for the docks, simply mowing down most of the civilian population rioting in the streets. Annoyingly, Vandire's men are spotted guarding the docks - advantage to the Queen is that they're not paying attention. The entourage is nearly aboard the ship before anyone notices.

Seeing an attempt of someone to flee via an armed guard, one of the larger smuggler ships attempts to blockade the fleeing party inside the harbor - causing a great cheer from Vandire's men. The smugglers, however, fail and nearly beach themselves in the process. This causes a great sigh from the troops who all wish they had bows at this moment instead of handcannons. Kathos and company arrive in time to curse the Queen. Rage and frustration of a full pair of regiments causes many of the smugglers to duck out of the city.

Laythe Ralia, Former Queen of Ligoria, is now a fugitive from her own people.

After hearing the story from the mildly panic'd and loopy Queen, Hyte decides to assume his orders on behalf of his Lord. Now at sea with the Queen, he secretly smiles at the current state of affairs whenever someone isn't watching him.

Having no heirs to speak of, de facto leadership falls upon the remaining Nobility until another monarch is chosen.

Riots continue into the morning when, finally, the royal army returns inside the walls to quell the rebellious population once more.

6d in damage has been done to the city
-The bank will likely have to resolve debt by liquidation, shrinking the business
-1 pop lost to riots (Conflicts, military involvement and gang wars - will resolve the gang aspect at some point it's actually needed)

Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 29, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »

Kathos was waiting in the throne room, alone. Weary, angry, sad, annoyed, but still equipped with his common sense. He sent messengers to Nikephoros, Tala and Pasha. With him, they were all that remained of the Kingdom's leadership now. They needed to talk about the future. And... He also sent on to Hugo. It was sad to say, but Ligoria might need a crime lord soon. The Kingdom was currently in ruins, but it still had a future. It would take months and alot of work, but the damage that Laythe had caused would be repaired... And Laythe would pay. That was absolutely certain. She could have simply stepped down and abandoned the crown, but instead she had decided to turn this into a bloodbath.

Now, they had the Kingdom, but at what price? Laythe had left them with ruins. Atleast, the Kingdom was going to have a brighter future with this mad woman in command of the state.

There was still a future for Ligoria.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:07:14 pm by Shootandrun »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 29, 2011, 09:06:47 pm »

A wagon trundled out of Ligoria, probably another minor noble planning to flee. They went along the main road for a ways then turned into a forest path. As they rolled along, they thought they saw movement in the shadows of the trees. The guards put hands on their swords. It was to late. Arrows came hissing through the woods, finding their mark. THe guards fell to the ground, one dead, the other choking on his own blood. The nobleman balked and tried to run. What a craven he was. Another arrow flew out and hit him in the leg. He fell over squealing like a pig. Robert stepped out from behind a tree. As did a few other bowmen. "Edd check the wagon for valuables. Tom you see what the guards have. James, Frank, you stand watch, Ill deal with the noble." He strode to the large fellow. "What a pig you are. All swine like you and the queen and her nobles should die." A second latter his throat was slit. Edd called out, "Not anything here Rob, just a few coin." The answer was the same from the rest. "Must have left in a hurry, most of these bastards would've been loaded down with our gold, the peoples gold.""Some ones coming this way Robert!" The band vanished into the woods.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: December 29, 2011, 09:17:46 pm »

Meanwhile, regardless of the civil war and usurpation of the throne of Ligoria:
William walked through the streets, with the Crossbow slung across his back and Zerim at his side. John, Jan and Thom were guarding Chironas back at the barracks, so he didn't have to worry about that front.
Three other guards walked behind him, shifting in their armor and looking worried.

Head to the Dry Dock where the Smugglers make their den. Arrange a meeting with the boss.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:21:16 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: December 29, 2011, 09:18:53 pm »

Pasha, having received the summons while surveying the aftermath of the rebellion, arrived at the castle fairly quickly. He was in his usual attire - that is, fully armed and armored - and made his way to the throne room. The guards didn't do much to stop him. Not that they could have; he could have sneaked by them if he so desired, but he preferred to keep his presence known for the moment. It appeared no one else had arrived yet as he stepped through the doors.

So, this is Kathos. Pasha inclined his head politely to the man. "Kathos Thunderblade, correct? I'm Pasha Dolgorouki... for the moment." He smiled slightly. "It's an honor to finally meet you, although the circumstances aren't exactly ideal." He turned slightly and looked out the door, as if to indicate the city where Laythe had butchered civilians. Yes, he had made the right call in not moving to help her. In fact, he was now kicking himself for not doing anything to stop her. Perhaps trying to overthrow her set her off, but killing unarmed innocents was definitely crossing the line.

In any case, it would be best to wait for the others to arrive to talk about business. Nikephoros was certainly summoned, of that he was sure. Maybe Tala as well. He didn't know of anyone else important enough in the city to be called to the castle.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 29, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »

Set sail to Galam, Arrange a meeting with Eshir.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: December 29, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »

Hugo whistles. Sure, the fires had mostly been extinguished- this time. Next time, their efforts would be more focussed on a single district of the city, and it would be ashes before people even noticed the smoke rising. But for now- ah, the- ahahahahaha- kingdom would have to be re-organised. A new king chosen. Or, perhaps, not? A monarch got us into this mess. Is another monarch really the way to go?

"My word, what a decidedly hideous throne room. I can quite imagine going insane from having to sit in here all day."

Hugo winks at Kathos.

"Thunderblade, consider your next portrait on the house."

He turns to Pasha.

"And you are? I do not believe I have had the pleasure of making your acquaintance?

Earlier, Hugo had written a letter to Retcyl. A detailed report on the situation in the city, including his own part in it. And with a parting word:

To summarize:

The queen is out of here. A new government will soon be established. If you want the Hacturi to have any say in the matter, I recommend getting here as soon as possible with as much wealth and manpower as you can muster, because this city will need it- and be thankful to those who provide it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:33:43 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: December 29, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »

Riivak was standing on a hill near Shola in the early morning. He was cinching up his pack before heading into town to talk to a few people. Just as he was about to set out, several of his raiders ran up to him.
"Oi Riivak, a bunch of the lads from Fiumefurt wanna join up. Say yer a way better leader. They want a cut of the profits too. We could really become a force to be reckoned with here."
"Oh yeah one gang cant do much, but two..Or maybe even three someday!"
They spent nearly a half hour talking to Riivak, who for his part just stood there taking in information, and asking the occasional question. Riivak turned and sat on a stump, pulling out a knife and grabbing a hunk of wood. The raiders, knowing this meant their leader would be spending the next hour or more in contemplation, wandered off to amuse themselves.
It was nearly noon when he decided, and headed back to his camp. "Hire them. We're heading out." Maybe they'd make off with more money the next time.

Hire a 2nd regiment of Raiders, travel SE to Nalia (The city between Mileth and Moun). Be stealthy.
Spoiler: Personal Holdings (click to show/hide)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: December 29, 2011, 09:39:14 pm »

Tala made a ghostly silent appearance from behind Hugo and put a slim hand on his shoulder. She had taken her time, on a tour through the worst hit parts of town-and surveyed the carnage made by Laythes escape, and comforting the wounded in the medical tents.

"Hands off, Hugo, my friend-this one's mine." She smiled, gave Hugo a polite peck on the cheek, then went to Pashas side.

Tala found herself in a good mood-she was smiling today. It was nice not to have an axe over your head...at least for awhile.

Why not? A new day had dawned. Ligoria-and by extension the fiction that was the Noble Tala Alanis-would live on, despite the grievous wounds done by the Queen. Who would hopefully have her ship eaten by a mythical Kraken, Tala hoped.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 29, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »

"Ah- I wouldn't dream of stealing from you, milady."

Hugo leans in to whisper.

"But may I just compliment you- once again- on your exquisite taste."
Long Live United Forenia!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 29, 2011, 10:30:03 pm »

"And you are? I do not believe I have had the pleasure of making your acquaintance? Hearing a strange voice addressing him, Pasha turned to see who it was. Tala was already by the man's side and laid claim to him. Not that Pasha was against that, but it took him until the man - Hugo, must be the artist she mentioned inviting to the wedding - said he wasn't going to steal from her that he got what was going on. Well, he wouldn't be the first man I've encountered who preferred to share his bed with other men. I should've realized that earlier when Tala was talking about him. "Indeed," was all he had to say about that. It was a good standby phrase, not only able to be interpreted multiple ways but also good for filling time while he got his thoughts in order.

"I'm Pasha Dolgorouki. Soon to be Pasha Alanis." He kissed Tala's forehead when she came to his side. "We still have yet to iron out all the details about the wedding, but we still have a few weeks to work it out." He sighed. "Although it seems there are other important matters to attend to now, as well, but we can wait until Marshal Vandire - I assume he'll still be Talama's Marshal when all is said and done here - arrives. So... since I have the pair of you here, and we're thinking of the guest list anyway..." he trailed off, taking Tala's hand.

"I know Tala would love to have you there, Hugo, and the more the merrier I say. In many situations." He winked at Tala. Let her work THAT one out for herself. "And Sir Thunderblade, it would be an honor to have you there. I've heard of your exploits in my travels and as a commander myself, I will admit to, er... 'copying' a few times." He laughed and looked down. "But if a strategy is proven to work in a certain situation, why not make use of it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 29, 2011, 11:37:42 pm »

Juan woke up with a splitting headache, a great weight on his chest and a terrible ringing in his ears.  Shining One, had he really drunk that much?  It felt like the city was at war.  Bright lights, heat, people screaming...

Wait a minute.

Juan shoved the smouldering table off himself and surveyed the wreckage of the bar.  Right, actually at war.  Civil war.  Grand, just grand.  Juan guessed the mood of the city was worse than he thought.  He reached for his weapon before realising he was not wearing it.  Juan ran out of the bar and made a beeline for the palace.

The palace proved all but empty and after grabbing his sword and stuffing his palace uniform in a bag Juan found out from the terrified servants that the Queen had fled for the docks after the Marshal had apparently declared a rebellion against her.  Juan made it to the docks just in time to see the royal flagship sail away into the distance, arrows sailing through the air after it and harmlessly slipping into the bay.

Well, there went his meal ticket.  Juan sat down on the edge of the pier.  An arrow hit the wood next to him.  He got up and ran full pelt for the safety of a doorway to do his contemplating under.

The city was in riot and he could hear someone shouting that Her Majesty had robbed the bank.  Juan felt a pang of regret at not being part of that, if only for the looting.  He recalled the palace being similarly barren of silverware but attributed that to the servants taking their pensions in advance, so to speak.  His own security was in question too, and his former loyalties would give him serious trouble.

Juan glanced out of the doorway toward the city along the bay.  Shouting, screaming, riots and fire everywhere.  He supposed there would be plenty of bricklaying to be done afterward, if anybody still had any money for it.  Bright One, no.  I am not going back to bricklaying.  Not after all this.  Still, the streets held opportunities for someone with his other skills.  There were always the Fists - or even the Double Noughts, if he was feeling suicidal.  On the other hand, maybe he could play the 'legitimacy of the throne' angle - claim he rebelled and fought against his fellows for the city.  He could still report to the Marshal - perhaps the new King? - before morning came.  After all, Queen Laythe had no relatives thanks to her very own actions.

Juan fumbled in his pocket for one of the three coins he had left.  He held it up, thumbing one side, then the other: on one, the Queen's head; on the other, the Bright One.  Fortune had not always been kind to him, but had always brought him through.  With one choice as bad as the other...

"Heads, I go back to the army.  Tails, I gamble with the streets.  Come on, Sun, you've never failed me yet."

Juan flipped the coin.

Tails.

Juan returns to his lodgings and stuffs his palace uniform under the floorboards for safe keeping.  He then heads out into the city and starts listening for 'employment opportunities' with the Fists or Noughts...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: December 30, 2011, 07:37:56 am »

A semblance of peace returned to the streets of Talama with the onset of the next day.
Nikephoros gave out orders to assembly the army on the main city square, with 2 regiments that were sent out for watch remaining on their positions. Better safe than sorry.

The plaza was full of commotion, with soldiers squeezing through the crowd and rubble, people milling around and making sure their houses ansd shops were spared the looting and some just waited to see what was going to happen.

Nikephopros surrounded by his own men took place at the wooden pedestal at the centre of the square. He was obviously going to speak.

"Soldiers, Ligorians, countrymen! Today is a glorious day, for we have banished a tyrant from our kingdom! Laythe Ralia, who styled herself our "Queen" proved to be no more than a filthy cur, running at the first sign of trouble. As our righteous wrath descended upon her regime, she decided to abandon the country and flee, stealing the money from the bank and the treasury, truly proving the depths of her corruption and lack of guts to face us! But her madness is no more! And our Kindom is free to breathe again!
There is a lot of work to be done my friends, rebuilding our city and making our country truly worthy of its place in Strom Coast, but remember, that this day was a day when Ligorians proved that they will not stand a tyrant or injustice. As such, I invite you all to make this summer day a national holiday, in rememberance of our great feat and the spirit of justice that lives amongst us, by the grace of the Shining One!
LONG LIVE LIGORIA!"

-------------------------------------

With the speech over, Nikephoros went to the throne room in the palace, placing his men on guard as to replace the Queen's guard, now gone. As he walked into the throne room, there were several of his men following him, carrying chairs and a big, round table, which they placed in the middle of the chamber. Nikephoros briefly glanced at the gathered people, then took a seat at the table, with the throne direcly behind him.

"I welcome our august assembly and invite you all to take a seat. I guessed that we might be without a monarch for a while, so I took the liberty of bringing this table here, for our council meetings.
I would like just to say that I shall remain Marshal of the country, and as such I will be the one ensuring security and integrity of the kingdom's territory, and by extension, the enforcement of its laws."

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 220