Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231499 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2325 on: December 29, 2011, 12:21:37 pm »

"I hear the city has been raided...I would like to interrogate one of the raiders that...er...raided the city."
[1] The watchman turns to face you. The other side of his face has been... burnt. It appears that he recognizes you. You see his fists clench.

"Tell you what", he says, venom in his voice, "Leave right now and I'll pretend I didn't see you. And the raiders will be put on the no visitors list."
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: December 29, 2011, 12:23:20 pm »

Adrian was surprised. He had seen Hugo before, and he thought he was only one of the hundreds of dumb artists that you could find in every city. That was... Interesting.

"You play your role well. I did not expect to see you here."

In fact, he expected anyone save for this man.

"I hope your men told you why I am here?"

*At the same time, in front of the city gates...*
Cletus, a sergeant from Kathos' regiment, was speaking to a few messengers.

"So, you're telling me the queen sent you to the different captains of the regiments in the countryside?"

One of the messengers spoke. He was the oldest of the band, and the most experienced.

"Yes sir. It's an extremely important business. We need to get there as quickly as possible."

"Oh, I understand. We just need to interrogate the people getting out of the city, you know, these are hard times... We have a few fresh horses over there. You can use them. Ride quickly and safely; there are alot of bandits in the countryside..."

The messengers were brought to the place where the regiment's horses were placed. A few dozens of soldiers followed them.

Get rid of any messenger trying to reach the regiments outside of the city.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: December 29, 2011, 12:35:15 pm »

Nikephoros' men were on watch duty around the city, with secret orders to organise into combat fromation and go for the royal palace when given the signal. These men were Niko's own, loyal to him only.

At the same time, Nikephoros got a message with a demand to stand down. He promptly tore up the letter and threw it into fire. Laythe's paranoia was on the rise again.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:51:39 pm by Ardas »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 29, 2011, 12:36:57 pm »

"Of course. I don't come down here for casual conversation."

Hugo snaps his fingers and a second glass is brought forth, and filled with wine. Adrian's hands are untied.

"And let me just say that I am very interested by this offer. Very interested indeed. Haha. Hahahahaha.
Ahem.
I think we can provide your master with anything he needs. Of course, this could be a trap, so we need some sort of guarantee of good faith. Something that proves that he has as much to lose as we do if things go belly-up. Perhaps some dark secret we could reveal if we were captured, hmm?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 29, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »

[1] The watchman turns to face you. The other side of his face has been... burnt. It appears that he recognizes you. You see his fists clench.

"Tell you what", he says, venom in his voice, "Leave right now and I'll pretend I didn't see you. And the raiders will be put on the no visitors list."
William doesn't even look surprised about the man having a horribly burnt face or about threatening him.
"You see there's a problem with that...I'm seriously pissed off today and I really want to speak with one of these raiders. If you put one into my custody...I won't break in your nose today. Got that?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 29, 2011, 12:45:52 pm »

[6] "I ain't afr-r-raid of you."

The man is afraid of you.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 29, 2011, 12:47:30 pm »

"Kathos Thunderblade and Nikephoros Vandire are plotting against the Queen. They have the support of the nobility, the government, and a good part of the army. In fact, Laythe Ralia has practically no loyal followers left. These men of power will make their move soon, and if things go well the Queen will not get out of it alive. Is that good enough?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: December 29, 2011, 12:54:03 pm »

"Hmm, yes, that should do."

Hugo scribbles away on a piece of paper. He turns it towards Adrian and offers a quill. It is pretty much a word-for-word transcript of his statement.

"If you could just sign here?"

After he signs, Hugo folds up and stores away the piece of paper, then stands. He offers Adrian a hand.

"My sincere apologies for my associates earlier conduct. They are so very eager. Personally, I would rather we could resolve all our problems like this. Ah, but the world is not such a place. Anyway, mister Redhand. The Bleeding Fists are at your disposal. Congratulations."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: December 29, 2011, 12:55:17 pm »

[6] "I ain't afr-r-raid of you."

The man is afraid of you.

William grabbed the man by his lapels of his jacket and pushed him up against the wall, and then his fist smashed into the wall beside the man's head. William pulled his fist back again for another blow, but this one wouldn't miss.
"Yes you are. So how about you go get one of those Raiders and your nose remains in it's current state of unbrokeness? And to sweeten a so far bitter pot, I'll give you a nice cushy high-paying job doing absolutely nothing? Hmm, does that sound good?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: December 29, 2011, 12:58:05 pm »

The man nods, terrified, and backs away to bring forth one of the raiders. He hands the man over wordlessly, then leaves.

((For actual information gathered from the raider, ask Terenos))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: December 29, 2011, 12:59:44 pm »

Adrian shook Hugo's hand and smiled.

"I understand. I didn't expect the thugs to let him meet with you right away."

He had been convinced he was going to die before he even talked to the barman.

"Everything is in place. We will need to act quickly now. The military forces have been sent away from the city, but the Queen will soon now that there was treachery. Tonight, the regiments of Nikephoros and Kathos will make their move and try to take control of the palace. However, the Queen's guard will be there, and they are formidable fighters. We wish to have some support from the population, and the gangs. Do you think your men could raise hell and start a few riots and send a few crowds towards the castle to take most of the beating for us?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 29, 2011, 01:09:15 pm »

"According to my files, riling a crowd is what master Thunderblade does best. But I think we can cause a little havoc, which should help things along. I've always wanted to see the city burn."

There are flames reflected in Hugo's eyes, and an element to his smile which suggests that if art failed him, he could always take up being a homicidal maniac.

"Aha... but seriously. We can distract the city watch, cause a few riots, maybe tempt the Queen's guards out of her little fortress- shouldn't be a problem."

Arrange for the city watch to be distracted. The guard captain who we bribe, tell him to have his men patrol far away from the palace. The rest of the guard... a crime spree in the down town area, that should lure them away.

Have the Fists spread a rumour amongst the more... dissatisfied members of the population. Riots tonight, against the queen. Bring torches and pitchforks, barricade the streets, storm the castle. Provide supplies for the execution of these riots.

Have the Fists cause a few fires in town.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: December 29, 2011, 01:18:26 pm »

"Perfect. Tonight, Laythe Ralia dies."

On these words, Adrian left. Well, to be precise, someone placed a hood on his head and tied him up, but after a few minutes, that same person removed the hood and then he was outside. Soaked and wounded in his pride, but alive. More than he expected.

He reported to Kathos, who immediatly sent a letter to Nikephoros.

We have support from the underworld. Our new friends will wreak havoc and spread chaos in the city. If everything goes well, a whole crowd will go to the palace tonight. Have your men open the gates for mine, and we'll pay a visit to Her Majesty.

-K

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 29, 2011, 01:44:48 pm »

Tala looked out her window. She could smoke rising, in the distance. She wondered at the irony. While Tala was a spy, ostensibly engineered to bring about the downfall of Queen Laythe one day, the woman had gone and done it herself. She didn't have to do anything. Sort of dissapointing, anyway.

Well, then again, nothing was certain...who knows how many people would be left in the morning? Queen Laythe might survive, if she was smart. But she hadn't been very smart before now-that's why she was in this situation-and it was not likely she would suddenly begin drawing insight. But, Fate was a fickle thing. It could fall either way.

She shrugged, and began writing a letter. It would be delievered to Laythe when all hope seemed lost-when she was yelling for help, for council and no one was answering. Not in time to save her, unfortunately-Tala was doing Laythe no favors tonight.

Beloved Queen Laythe

If you are reading this, I assume the plot to remove you has already begun. In that case, I wish the best of luck in your endeavor-who knows, you could win and tomorrow I will still be your most loyal vassal (and the only one left, probably). But frankly?

I don't care who wins. You can kill each other for all I care, like in the dramatic play I engineered for your birthday. Seems sort of prophetic now, doesn't it.

Don't count on my support tonight in any way, shape or form-Tala Alanis will not spring from the shadows to take the arrow meant for you. If you take a minute and think about what you've done, you'll realize you brought this on yourself.

But, If it pleases you, I intend to barricade myself in my room along with my future husband and spend the night with a bottle of Galam Honey Ale and a loaded crossbow. Don't send any messengers, please.

I'm getting married next month, you know-to the man I love. Going to have a ranch with horses, and lots of children. I'm not risking losing that on your behalf, and I hope you understand.

*If* you are still here in the morning, I will still serve you as your Noble-unless you randomly demand my execution or banishment for sending this letter on the cusp of things. But that's how you got in this mess in the first place. You didn't think things through.

Au Revoir, My Queen, au revoir

Tala Alanis

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 29, 2011, 01:56:41 pm »

The man nods, terrified, and backs away to bring forth one of the raiders. He hands the man over wordlessly, then leaves.

Two of William's men grabbed the man's cuffed arms and drug them behind them as they walked. He was eventually drug into the Cellar of the "Barracks". Right into the room where the corpse of the thug was still chained onto the chair, covered with blood and with cuts and burns over most of the flesh of the body.
"Whoops! Wrong room."
William closed the door and drug the man to another room, which is practically a cage. Three of his guards were waiting in the room, they'll stay there the entire time, far out of reach of them. And the man was handcuffed to a stout iron pole. Cemented into the masonry
"We'll bring you down some food soon. How do you like your steak?"

Regardless of the answer William turned and left, and headed to the canteen. Then he paused half way. He couldn't trust the cook until he purged his chapter.
You'll have to go hungry today.
William headed up to his room and sat on his bed, waiting for Chironas. If she didn't come back tonight he would have to find her.
She probably has been kidnapped by the Assassin.
I know, I'm rather hoping she hasn't though.
Hope doesn't get you anything.
I know.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 220