Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231563 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2280 on: December 28, 2011, 05:11:52 pm »

None of what he'd heard so far had shaken Riivak from his plan. If someone else had managed it, he could as well. Besides, none of the men within the walls looked the sort to stand up to a 'disciplined' raid.

Besides. The risk was well worth the potential reward.
He signaled some of his men, they'd punch through the gate guards and hold the gate while everyone else sacked the place.
Raid Polca!
(..Yep im back in the d'Avistral mindset. Do crazy things and build a legend till something happens that stops me.)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: December 28, 2011, 05:14:27 pm »

Kathos looked at the lady. She was bleeding to death. He stared at her, pondering. Eventually, he decided that he had to make sure that she lived, since killing someone - even for self defense - was a crime in the wonderful city of Talama.

"Adrian, go to the castle and tell someone over there that someone tried to assassinate me. Dallan, find a doctor. Ben, follow me. I'm going to have a chat with milady here."

Kathos and the soldier climbed to the rooftop, and the noble sat near the young assassin, his sword drawn, while his soldier tried to prevent the bleeding. He was still smiling.

"If I may ask, milady, who the hell are you?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: December 28, 2011, 05:18:44 pm »

In the cellar:
Kill her!
SHUT THE HELL UP.

Chironas explained about the poison and the simple antidote. William let himself grin and nodded.

Later:
William had made sure both men were comfortable in their respected beds, both would be looked after until they could get back on their feet again. And then William would purge his chapter of those who weren't blooded, he would whip the men back into shape.
But he felt angry, so very angry. Mostly at himself for letting the assassin escape, letting the idiot hear what Chironas had called him, and for feeling angry at Chironas. And now the Idiot knew one of his weaknesses.
She let the Bastard escape.
It wasn't her fault.
Actually it was. Seeing as she...you know...opened the door?
...Anyway.
He called for John, Jan and Thom and told them to guard the cellar and not to let Chironas in. At all. While he got back to work on interrogating the Thug. Who was properly confused at what the hell just happened.

Back In Talama:
[1] Unfortunately Kathos evacuating the Inn meant that no one noticed the fire before it spread to the rest of the wooden structure. When people finally did notice- most probably were distracted by the people fighting in the streets- the entire bar was aflame.
The bottles of alcohol inside probably didn't help to put out the fire much and it rapidly spread to the wood framed roofs on the lower classed houses that bordered the Tavern. Luckily no one is injured. But a few people died.
Soon the whole street is on fire, which makes the people trying to put it out give up, so now they’re just trying to stop the fire from spreading and stealing stuff from the burning houses with varying degrees of success and burns.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:08:47 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: December 28, 2011, 05:42:37 pm »

Raid Polca!
Raid (3+): [4] Glad to finally see some proper action, your men rush into the city, overwhelm the guards at the gates, storm in, and storm out before anyone can muster an organised resistance.
[3] Polca's treasury finds itself 3 ducats lighter; your pockets 3 ducats heavier.

[4] Polca's leadership is shaken, but responds as best it can. The gates are sealed to prevent further incursions and any of your men too stupid to get out in time are rounded up and arrested. But they don't have the manpower to go after you. At least, not at the moment.

"If I may ask, milady, who the hell are you?"
The woman- the woman who is lying on a rooftop bleeding to death from a horrendous leg wound- bursts into tears when you say this.
Her arms reach up towards you feebly. She appears to be trying to strangle you. Her grip is so lose that it doesn't even stop you speaking. Great blubbering tears flow down her cheeks. She manages to blurt out:
"I... am nobody, daughter of nobody."- a cry of pain as your man ties cloth around her wound, followed by another barage of tears. "I was... Mirabelle... Eudocia. But-" sweat streams down her face, and she convulses in pain. "-someone ended my life for me, with sweet words and empty promises"

[4] Your man manages to cover the wound in bandadges until the blood stops coming out in such distressing quantities. It isn't pretty... but this leg will never be pretty again. You'd go so far as to say it'll need amputating, and fast.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: December 28, 2011, 05:50:12 pm »

Chironas was shut out of the cellar-William didn't want to see her, and that was for the best. She went back to her usual haunt, looking out over the city, which seemed alot more bleak that it had this morning. It seemed an awfully long way down to the cobblestones below. But not that long.

Stupid, stupid. She messed up. Now the Assassins knew about them...about her. Chironas knew William was a man of two minds. One was the man she loved, and might forgive her. The other would be looking for a way to be rid of her-as a weakness that had to be removed, and that part was right, wasn't it? Either they would hurt her to get back at him, or try and apprehend her-to use as bait.

Chironas would leave if he asked-and maybe if he didn't. She didn't want to be responsible for his death...

She was shaken from her thoughts by a clamor in the distance-near the gates. Trouble?

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »

The men were in high spirits that night. The bonds of brotherhood weren't very strong throughout the group. Everyone knew if you got caught you were probably dead anyways, so they fought like cornered rats. They celebrated their lost fellows however.

Riivak kept himself apart during the frivolities. He was thinking. Thinking about the ease of the raid, the best way to apply their new finances. It had been awhile since anyone he knew had this sort of wealth.

Travel slowly down to Shola, Watch for any lucrative targets to raid along the way(Caravans and the like). Put the word out through the usual channels that we might have work for another regiment.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: December 28, 2011, 06:22:06 pm »

Travel slowly down to Shola, Watch for any lucrative targets to raid along the way(Caravans and the like). Put the word out through the usual channels that we might have work for another regiment.
[3] Your journey is unfortunately interrupted by a bunch of do-gooders who have organised some sort of militia to keep bandits away. You would fight them, but there's a lot of them, and they're piss poor. You go around. Takes a little longer, but it can't be helped. Of course, it also means you miss the main roads, and the caravans thereon.

[4] In the weeks since you left Fiumefurt, more have followed your lead. You should be able to convince a few more men to join your cause with the money you raised in Polca. (3 ducats for a raider regiment, instantly available, no manpower cost)
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: December 28, 2011, 06:29:41 pm »

After spending a few hours in the cellar with the mouthy thug, who turned out to stop being mouthy after William started using the dull razor. Regardless of whatever info gleaned from him he left the man and let the medic clean him up. There was still three trusted guards at the door.

Then John told him about the raid. William slipped on a new shirt and put his Longcoat back on. Then he left the "Barracks" and headed towards the Guardhouse. He addressed on of the door Watchmen with a smile.

"I hear the city has been raided...I would like to interrogate one of the raiders that...er...raided the city."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: December 28, 2011, 06:35:25 pm »

Walking through the colourful park Franz tried of thinking Dn Hatcuri bosses to kill, yet he always returned to Awalia, his primary objective. Now, there were two ways he could try and do this, from the outside or the inside. Doing so from the inside would be much easier, it would also be more fun. Now then, how should he approach this?

Try and get to work under Awalia, using the name of Chade Fallstar. Say that you are a competent killer, a professional and that you heard rumors that she was the best to work for.

Talama Commons, Jaunt Street, Warehouse 6...

[1]

You manage to infiltrate Awalias Gang, posing as 'Chade Fallstar'-and are invited to Warehouse 6, rumored to be the center of her crews operations in this district, like it was for the last boss. You are met by a Hacturi male missing his left eye.

"Chade Failstar? Never heard of ya. Sit a spell, mate...lemme check my sources."

You sit patiently on an old peach crate, chatting with some of the other crew. They seem to be sharing a joke...you look behind you...and her fist crashes into your jaw, sending you into the cold stone ground. Ow.

[2]

It's Awalia... For a Hacturi female, she's quite well muscled. You notice she's wearing heavy brass knuckles on her left hand-already wet with your blood.

Her men strip you of weapons and armor (if you had any) and toss you in front of her.

She paces back and forth, grinning nastily.

"I knew the person who tried to kill old Laz was going to try again-he's useless, you know? No one would try to kill him but somone trying to break up the Dubs. 

Heh. I put the word on the street I wasn't accepting new recruits-especially ones with no names, that came from no where. And you showed right up..."

She kicks you in the stomach-not enough to crack your ribs, though you feel she could. Awalia's toying with you, like cat does a mouse. She picks you up and tosses you into a pile of crates. Now you're getting angry.

"Come on! Get up and fight me. Hand to hand-Lizard to Man.

...cause once I knock your goddamn teeth down your throat, and then we'll find out who you work for...and, I've got my suspicions.

Don't worry, I've got something special planned for you afterwards-a real...treat. Come on. This is just between us, sweetheart-only way you get out is through me. Pull any tricks and my boys will tear you apart.

Get up and fight, you weak...Human. Pah!"

Awalia drops into a dangerous martial stance-it's clear she's expect this to be any easy fight, with her level of physical strength and experience.

Time to fight for your life.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: December 28, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »

Kathos stared at the woman for a few seconds. Slowly, he remembered... A night of autumn, a small castle, the young and naive lady, the deal that he had made... And he had forgotten to pay. Of course.

He hesitated. He had accidentally ruined this young lady's life. But at the same time, a soldier was dead and another crippled, and she had started a massive fire in the city in her attempt to kill Kathos. If she had atleast sent a messenger to him, he would have paid. But the woman had decided to go straight for the kill.

As he watched her, he remembered a time when life was simple. Back in these days, he killed without asking questions. Back in these days, he would have strangled the lady, because she could not be allowed to tell the truth about this sad mess.

Nowadays, his choices were more difficult. Living while trying to be always honorable was next to impossible - especially in this situation. Killing the woman was the wrong thing to do, because she was the victim of a massive misunderstanding, but he did not know if leaving her alive was a better choice. She was going to loose a leg, and her life would probably be ruined - because Kathos was not going to release someone that crazy. She had tried to turn his assassination in an amusing event - she wanted to hunt him. She had probably hunted alot of men in her life, and seeing how she had reacted to the fact that he had forgotten to pay, Kathos was sure that she was not always killing for the good reasons.

He sighed. Back in the days, his life was horrible, but it was also simple. He did not remember the last time things went his way since he arrived in the Kingdom.

He had two choices, and they were both absolutely terrible. However, he believed in the Lesser Evil.

He looked at his soldier. The man saw the question in his eyes, and he nodded. He would not talk. He was part of Kathos' personnal guard since the very beginning; his loyalty was beyond a doubt.

Snap Mirabelle's neck. Make it painless.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:01:01 pm by Shootandrun »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: December 28, 2011, 07:26:08 pm »

The ship was thankfully, unscathed. The raiders hadn't been able to even touch the ship, nor damage the dock too much. Although Polca was now much poorer, and in extension, the Empire was ever so slightly weakened. Which reminded Retcyl that he still had to send off the letter of annexation to the Court. Retcyl sat down read over the message once more.

Spoiler: Letter to the Emperor (click to show/hide)

Good enough, he thought. He applied his seal and sent it off by bird.

Meanwhile, none of the gangs had responded to his calls. Perhaps he would need to do something about that...

Later at night...

The streets of any city's docks were never truly quiet; always the sounds of sailors, whores, thieves and vendors spending their earnings or plying their trades. Polca was the same as any, but tonight a band of hatcuri were out, hunting. He had already tried contacting the thieves, perhaps its time to ask the whores? "Women of affection" were probably better at gathering information than thieves anyway.

Send a letter to Hatcur saying that Polca has been annexed/vassalized and asking if a governor should be sent. Later at night, go out to the docks and look for some prostitutes. Ask to be directed to their leader.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: December 28, 2011, 07:58:57 pm »

Ask the regimental commanders for their opinion on the whole situation

[5] Most of the officers seem to be on your side in a nationalist sort of way. They were happier to defend their country than to invade another. [6] They make it well known that they will take their orders from their Monarch. As such, they will continue to patrol and stem the rebellious population

Send a letter to Hatcur saying that Polca has been annexed/vassalized and asking if a governor should be sent. Later at night, go out to the docks and look for some prostitutes. Ask to be directed to their leader.

[5] The letter is sent - Near the end of the season you receive a reply. The reply is short, sweet and to the bitter point of a poisoned knife.

Spoiler: Reply (click to show/hide)

[4] Yuo're directed to the Lily. [3] They seem to be eager to do business.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:11:35 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:21 pm »

As soon as Mirabelle Eudocia died, Kathos got up, told his soldier to stay there, and he walked towards the palace. The Queen needed to know.

Once he arrived at the Palace, he left his sword and his firearm to the guards and he walked right in. The fact that the guards had the orders of letting him enter at any time was pleasing. He entered in the throne room in a dramatic way, interrupting the meeting without even looking at the officers in the room. He made quite the sight, covered in blood and smelling like gunpowder. He bowed shortly towards Laythe, and he spoke.

"I am sorry to interrupt you meeting, Your Highness, but I have important things to report."

He paused for a second.

"About twenty minutes ago, I was attacked by an assassin - a woman - in my room at the Prince's Rest. I managed to survive the encounter, but she set my room on fire before fleeing - and apparently, the fire is getting pretty bad. I tried to rally my guards and reach the palace as quickly as possible, but the woman ambushed us in the streets - she was using a longbow, picking off my guards one by one. I shot her, using my personnal firearm.

I did not miss, and she suffered a terrible wound. We tried to stop the bleeding, but we could not save her. I broke her neck, to make her agony shorter. However, there are still a few problems. I do not know who this woman was, and she did not tell me anything about her mission - when I talked to her, she was confused and she seemed unable to hear me. Since we do not know if she acted on her own or not, there might be other assassins in the city, perhaps with other targets. The city needs to be searched and the nobles and the Queen must be placed under higher protection, until we are sure that there is no other danger."

He had spoken slowly, sometimes stopping to take his breath. However, he had shown little emotions.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: December 28, 2011, 08:24:23 pm »

At the Shambling Willow...

We shall split up here and meet up at the appointed location, it wouldn't do for such a large group to be seem walking around. You and the guard shan't have a problem passing for bystanders so long as you keep your attires packed, armor is far too identifying. I, on the other hand, ought to deal with more severe constraints... Good grief, start setting up a suitable "laboratory" as soon as you arrive, I will make my way there whenever and however I find best.

At once, Your Lordship. The elv leaves at once, his master's tone leaving little space for arguing. If good Iocaun had ever possessed a spark of rebelliousness it had long since been extinguished by the horrors; experiments, his master called them; that he had been made witness in that acursed tower.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: December 28, 2011, 08:51:22 pm »

"Very well. I do know that in a lot of respects, Mileth was my failure and thus I bear the responsibility for the consequences there." Laythe took a breath, focused on the regimental commanders then continued.

"As a token of my appeciation, I'm more than willing to pay you extra for your service at Mileth, unless you'd prefer me to spend such funds on something else. Even so, I'm willing to impliment a extra serive pay for any military operation outside of Ligoria." She then directed her voice at Vandire.

"The education would be quite wecome Vandire, and I do thank you for that offer." Before Laythe could respond any further, Kathos had entered the room and explained how he'd had just had an assassination attempt on him.

"Well, atleast this is convenient timing. Vandire, get Tala and Pasha and bring them here alive. Kathos, you stay here for now. Everyone else t to gather their forces and patrol the city, around a place called the bleeding scales. My spies report that one of the gangs may be operation out of there. However, it seems that it is also taking care of some of the local poor. Do not alienate anyone there until one of my spies gives you confirmation on whether or not the report is right."

Ask the regimental commanders if they would like a campaign pay or if they'd prefer to spend it elsewhere (Vandire gets his opinion heard as well, but that doesn't need to be rolled :P)

Regiments are to start increased patrols all around the city, privatly owned weapons (Without the queen's permission) are going under a temporary ban until the next year, with an extra focus on the bleeding scales as a suspected gang hideout. Send one of the spies to see if those rumour are verifiable.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 220