Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231537 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2265 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:24 pm »

Kathos stared at the note for a few minutes. Not because he was lost in his thoughts; his survival instincts were kicking in. Back in the days, when he had more enemies than friends, alot of people wanted to have him killed. An assassin leaving a note on a door was extremely classical; in general, they were the least dangerous, because they were not proffessionnals and they liked to act with style. Nobody in the inn was wielding a weapon, except for Adrian and a few guards, who were in the common room. And him, of course. He had the Thunderblade.
His armor was inside the room. Getting it was extremely dangerous, but the note suggested that he should run, which meant that the person who wrote the note was not waiting for him inside the room. Hell, maybe the person who wrote the note was only making a joke, and Kathos was getting paranoid.

Still, being careful would not hurt.

Slowly,  he unsheathed his sword. There was not a single sound; the scabbard was made of leather. He opened the door,  as far away from it as possible and in a fighting stance. He was not in armor, and the Thunderblade was a longsword, not exactly the best weapon for fighting in an inn, but still. He was Kathos. A little note on a door was not going to stop him from going into his room.

Enter inside the room, ready to kickass. If there is no one inside, close the door, block it with a wardrobe and get into an armor.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: December 28, 2011, 03:03:17 pm »

Walking through the colourful park Franz tried of thinking Dn Hatcuri bosses to kill, yet he always returned to Awalia, his primary objective. Now, there were two ways he could try and do this, from the outside or the inside. Doing so from the inside would be much easier, it would also be more fun. Now then, how should he approach this?

Try and get to work under Awalia, using the name of Chade Fallstar. Say that you are a competent killer, a professional and that you heard rumors that she was the best to work for.

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: December 28, 2011, 03:26:12 pm »

Kill him.
The two of you draw your swords and circle each other. You seem evenly matched. His sword, you see, is not standard issue. A fine blade- not as good as your own, but not so far outclassed as you might hope. From the placement of his feet and the wave of his sword you can tell he knows how to fight with one.
His armour, though, is lesser. Just crimson guard leather- Zerim should slice through it like butter.
William [3hp], armed and armoured +2, skilled at swordfighting +1 VS Lonemine Assassin [2hp], armed +1, skilled at swordfighting +1
[2+3v2+2] You leap forwards, overpowering his defence. You knock his blade away, and slash at his chest.
Instead of the feel of a sword cutting flesh, however, you hear the scrape of metal on metal. The man smiles at you.
"Lonemine steel, masteri. Finest chainmail. So light you could wear it under your clothes and no one would notice."
It seems this fight will be more equal than you thought.
[3+3v5+3] Taken off guard by the assassin's armour, you are driven back. The man makes a few meticulous strokes, and manages to get past your defence, and scratch your arm. You brace for the impact of poison, but feel nothing [-1 hp William]
"No need to fear, masteri. No poison for you. My name, incidentally, is confidential. But you may call me Vadudslayer."
[5v5] The clash of blades resumes. The man quite happily continues talking.
"You really upset people at home, William. They miss you so. I heard even Kain was asking after you."
[3v3]
"And then they heard about a bright new noble in Ligoria, running around causing trouble."
[5v1] You notice that as the man talks his swordplay takes on a regular pattern. One with a gap in its defence. You wait until he starts chatting again, then stab your blade past his defences. [-1 hp Vadudslayer]
"Then when they heard about polcaaaagh"
[4v4] The assassin jumps back, a look of hatred on his features. He switches styles, and the clash of blades returns to a stalemate.
"Well I never! I can see why no one likes you. Stabbing a man as he talks!"
[5v1] The assassin is a fool. His new style is just as predictable as the old one, and as soon as you spot its weakness, you strike. His arm; the sword goes flying. His other arm; the dagger he reaches for falls to the floor. His leg; he falls against the door.
[heads] Now, perhaps there is some useful information to be had from him, before you end his miserable life?

Enter inside the room, ready to kickass. If there is no one inside, close the door, block it with a wardrobe and get into an armor.
[6] You open the door. There is someone inside. You see them, they see you, they fire a crossbow, you jump out of the way. They promptly leap from the window, but not before kicking a can of oil over a candle, which quickly sets the entire room ablaze.
[5] It was a woman. A woman you recognize from somewhere. But where? Oh- yes. Last autumn. You bought some land from a strange young lady. And you forgot... to... pay. Actually, Kathos doesn't remember a thing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:47:05 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 28, 2011, 03:44:10 pm »

"Bitch!"

The bolt from the crossbow had nearly hit him. He did not waste any more time and he ran to the common room, where his soldiers and the clients were happily drinking. Everyone noticed him enter. Kathos said three words, three words he had not said in a long time.

"Ferro et Ignis."

Six swords left their scabbard while six soldiers were getting up. They were all veterans of many wars, and they all knew the old military codes used when Kathos was still in the South. Adrian rushed towards the baron, alarmed. Kathos started talking before his lieutenant could ask any question.

"The inn's on fire. Get the civilians out of here. Someone tried to assassinate me; it was a woman. She's using a crossbow, but she missed me. She leaped out of the window. Send Cletus and another soldier to the barracks. The city guards must know what happened. I want the whole city to be searched in the hour."

He was walking towards the exit as he talked. Most of the civilians were already getting out.

"I want the other soldiers and you to follow me. We're going to the palace. Someone tried to assassinate a baron of Ligoria; the Queen must know right now."

He had no idea about the identity of the assassin.

Send two soldiers to the city barracks, and have them send city guards to search the city. Evacuate the inn and go to the palace with four other soldiers.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:49:02 pm by Shootandrun »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: December 28, 2011, 03:52:36 pm »

Chironas kicked open the door to the cellar a moment later, blade in hand, her eyes wild with anger-spotting William in control of the situation, thankfully, his foe at bay. Her own sword dripped with fresh blood-and she had a long, shallow cut down her right side.

"Damn...sorry, love. One of them led me away from you...I followed him. Bastard tried to knife me in an alleyway.

I see you've got things under control, anyway."

Chironas spun around, and poked her head outside the room, keeping a lookout any more of them.

"All's clear right now..."

She cocked her head to an odd angle. She heard something...was that just a rat? Or the stealthy padding of another Lonemine Assassin?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: December 28, 2011, 03:53:18 pm »

William frowned and was about to stab the man again, right in the general vicinity of the heart.
Zerim will need sharpening after stabbing through Lonemine Steel...
Then Chironas burst into the room and William was caught off guard. William caught himself before he killed Chironas instead of the assassin.
"What-"
Then William remembered what he told himself about speaking before murdering somebody and tried to finish the assassin off before he escaped.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:03:12 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: December 28, 2011, 04:02:46 pm »

[2] As you head to the palace, surrounded by your soldiers, you absolutely fail to notice someone following you. [1] Fail, that is, until an arrow hits the guard beside you in the eye. A second arrow strikes [5] a wooden post behind you. It appears someone has wrapped a note around it.

In the same handwriting as the first, this one reads:

You are not
RUNNING,
Thunderblade

he falls against the door.
Chironas kicked open the door to the cellar a moment later
[5] Vadudslayer hears the footsteps, and braces himself carefully against the door. As it is kicked open, he uses the momentum to dodge past william's sword and barrel into him, knocking him aside, then handily rolls to his feet himself.

[3] Chirona, confused and disorientated, takes a moment too long to get her bearings, and the assassin is already making to sprint past her. [2] She swings at where his chest should be, but he falls to the floor and slides across the blood-slick tiles and under her blade. He then leaps to his feet, makes a not even ironic bow and runs off up the stairs.

[6] He scatters a pouchful of caltrops as he goes, preventing anyone from following him.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: December 28, 2011, 04:15:15 pm »

Kathos read the new note slowly, and he smiled. He turned around and he spoke aloud. He knew the assassin could hear him.

"Who the hell do you think I am?"

He reached for something behind his back - a small leather bag strapped to his belt.

"Well, I'm gonna tell you."

His smile broadened as he took the firearm hidden inside the bag.

"My name is Kathos Thunderblade, the Black Knight of the Seventh City, and no one sends me running."

Holding the firearm in one hand and the Thunderblade in the other, he started walking towards the place where the arrows were coming from. The three remaining soldiers followed him.

"Come and get me. I'm waiting for you."

Find her. Kill her.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: December 28, 2011, 04:23:43 pm »

William didn't say anything to Chironas. He wasn't smiling his usual smile. He kept his face blank as he kneeled down and checked the pulses of the two prone guards. His sword was still in his hand and pointed toward the door.

See if the gaurds that got shot are still alive. If injured try to save them.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: December 28, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »

They'd promised us good raiding, but then they disappeared.

Riivak was staring at the walls of Fiumefurt as thoughts slowly slid into place. He'd been hearing rumors. Their allies inside had vanished without a trace. The guards must be better skilled than anyone suspected. They'd get caught out here as well.
It always took him a long time to work through information. He liked to do something with his hands while he was thinking. Today he was whittling, his sword resting casually against a tree just beside him.

A small group of the raiders under his command had come to seek audience with him. Their concerns were well founded. They wanted to move on.
"Any suggestions?"
One of them nervously spoke up "I..I heard some rumors in a small tavern last night. Some kind of civil war in Polca? Guardhouses burned, and no ones been hung or anything like that."

Riivak considered this new information. The sun moved in the sky. The piece of wood in his hands started to take shape. The bandits rested and relaxed and told stories.
"We shall go to Polca. And see what is occuring there."
Travel to Polca. Trickle in the entire regiment, low profile infiltration, get information.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: December 28, 2011, 04:33:24 pm »

Chironas was only able to speak.

"Damn...sorry, lov.."

Before she felt a heavy something rebound from the door, and spring out. An assassin! She swung for the scuttling bastard, but missed by mere inches as he slid under her blade...he even had the gall to do a bow before he made good his escape. Bastard...

Chironas turned back to William. Damn. He was pissed. At her.

In that moment, she knew how easy Williams rage could fall upon her-and was surprised to realize she didn't have the thought to consider defending herself against him-Chironas sword dipped downward. Leaving herself open.

And yet, Chironas still had no fear...she was past fear...

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: December 28, 2011, 04:38:22 pm »

Find her. Kill her.
[1] The hunter does not respond to your provocations. Except with another arrow. [3] Your men are ready for them this time, but they can't dodge arrows, certainly not when they are walking towards their source. One of them takes an arrow to the knee. Well, he'll survive, but it'll be guard duty for him the rest of his life.

[6] You manage to spot the archer. She is perched on a low rooftop. She sees you see her. She shouts at you.

"RUN, DAMMIT. RUN!"

You, of course, do not.

[2] She fails to notice your pistol. She stands there with her bow drawn, confident you cannot get to her.

"Run now, Thunderblade, and I'll make the kill quick. Or stand there and suffer."

See if the gaurds that got shot are still alive. If injured try to save them.
[6] Fortunately, it seems their wounds aren't deep, nor did they hit any vital organs. They should be fine. Should. You'd say the purple pallor to the wound- a pallor which is spreading through their veins- suggests otherwise. No poison for Masteri, but his guards are not so lucky. [2][5] You don't know this poison, but Chironas does. She explains that it is a simple toxin, which can cripple a man- but does not kill him, technically. It can be cured, if treated quickly. The antidote is quite simple, and shouldn't be hard to acquire.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: December 28, 2011, 04:44:29 pm »

Chironas snapped out of her stupor. The guards were still alive.

She knelt by them.

Noticed the distinct pallor...the spider web of green veins...and the fact their pupils didn't dilate when she opened their lids to the candle light-but they were still conscious and breathing steadily, more or less. Living statues.

"Looks like Lonemine Spotted Blowfish poison. It's not fatal, but it does paralyze the body completely... They'll need a certain common plant extract made from Redroot to bring them out of it. They'll both live, I'm sure."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:46:18 pm by Dwarmin »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: December 28, 2011, 04:48:35 pm »

Kathos did not answer. He moved his hand quickly, and he shot the lady. He did not wait to see ther result; he immediately shouted another code.

"Terris!"

The soldiers rushed towards the nearest cover they could find.

Find some cover, and try to see if there's a safe way to reach the rooftop.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: December 28, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

Travel to Polca. Trickle in the entire regiment, low profile infiltration, get information.
[4] The journey to Polca is uneventful. Nice weather.

[2] Seems there's a bit of a watch for armed individuals sneaking into town these days. Something to do with that exact thing happening a few months back, followed by the guard barracks being set on fire.

[5-1] You still manage to get some knowledge from folks on the outskirts of town. A general picture of what is going on. Seems there are at least three regiments in town now. Could get a little risky. And the treasury isn't exactly overflowing, they say. There are more details ((See: everything about Polca before this which wasn't kept secret))

He moved his hand quickly, and he shot the lady.

Find some cover, and try to see if there's a safe way to reach the rooftop.
[6] The gun works. [4] What's more, it actually hits her. In the leg. [5] The results are not pretty. Let's just say she won't be using that leg again.
You find cover, but it obviously isn't necessary. Based on the cries of pain, you'd say in about five minutes it will be entirely pointless. And you will have some explaining to do to the queen.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 220