Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231545 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2250 on: December 27, 2011, 04:27:46 pm »

William stood up and prepared to leave.
"Very well. Fortune favor you and such."
And with that he turned and headed out the door, Chironas walking beside him and his guards behind both of them.

Head to a crossbow shop. Buy something [crossbow] strong but quickly re-loadable. Then William will head to a blacksmith and get a few strong metal cuffs. Head back to the "Barracks" of William's, and get another guard, as well as properly armor himself and find the thick wooden truncheon, and the ball-bearing cosh,(His men will arm himself with these as well as swords) that the Crimson Guard often used when patrolling cities. The he'll head in the direction that Madam told him to go in. Keeping and eye out for those who look like they would trouble him- muggers, smugglers who don't want him nosing around and so on- and then he'll beat the shit out of them if they act hostile. If they try and kill him, he'll kill them but try to keep most of them alive, if heavily wounded, then he'll drag them all back to his barracks after cuffing them, for interrogation.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 27, 2011, 04:48:06 pm »

In Ligoria...

"Anyway, inviting him and Kathos would be a good idea. Maybe Wilhelm, too. He seemed like a nice man. The Queen will probably attend. Do you know of anyone else in the city or castle it might be a good idea to invite?"

Tala speaks animatedly about her friend Hugo.

"Hugo van Vissersdorp, naturally. He was the one who created that painting of me, that I showed you before the March. Really, quite an amazing man-a very good friend, especially in this den of snakes...which is to say, Hugo may be a snake, but his scales are beautiful and his fangs a marvel to look at, like mine. Who wouldn't mind being bitten by him...

But, so very busy these days, unfortunately-but I think he'll make time for me. You really do need to meet him..."

Tala took another draught of cold water, sitting up straight.

"So much to do, so much to do...when we will ever find time for each other, I wonder..."

Before Pasha could answer, Tala grinned and tackled him to the bed.

*draws curtains*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Polca...

Chironas smiled into the new day. Today...she was going to be perfect.

"Lots of business today William? I'll keep an eye out for you, lover."

Before William could respond, Chironas was already gone-only her unique scent was left, swirling in the wind...

She reappeared later, when he bought the cuffs.

"And it's not even my birthday..." She whispered playfully, hanging upside down and speaking from outside a nearby window. When William turned, she was gone-all he heard was the distinctive *zip, sniiiip* of Chironas climbing contraptions, and her light footprints above, moving across roof, heading toward the next overwatch point.

...and again when he reached the rough area of town, following him. She was in disguise-a cloaked, dirty faced woman bearing a basket of old fruit. When he spotted her, William could see the barest glint of hidden weaponry in the basket...

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: December 27, 2011, 05:28:44 pm »

The Tavern

Franz picked up his winnings and went to talk to Juan at the bar.
"You are a soldier and you are penniless. Probably work for the guard now, you have shitty hours and the pay is very bad. I can get you out of that life and if you accept, you will also get an interesting job. If you accept my offer you must swear to never tell anybody about this."

Find a Hatcuri DN boss to kill.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:30:44 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 28, 2011, 02:13:18 am »

((Action's time!))

Send out a spy to get a detailed list of what the people are demanding, and keep them on that duty so that we can see if there are any leaders to this disorder, and any other information that will be of use in calming the populace down..

[2] The people are upset about most aspects of the war - the start, the process and the conclusion. Sentiments range from "Why bother in the first place?" to "Why are we not following them home?" [2] People seem to be in search of answers at this point more than anything. They feel they have smiled and nodded to the throne too much to be left in the dark as of late. [4] The gangs seem to be of higher activity sine the start of the war. Conclusion of it, and subsequent return of the army, has quieted their actions some - at least in the more obvious ways.

Find out the allegiance of the regiments and the mood in the army.

[2] Unhappy they were unable to destroy the DE army, [2] annoyed they won the way they did and [5] they remain loyal to the throne[/] - they're very explicit in that regard.

Head to a crossbow shop. Buy something [crossbow] strong but quickly re-loadable. Then William will head to a blacksmith and get a few strong metal cuffs. Head back to the "Barracks" of William's, and get another guard, as well as properly armor himself and find the thick wooden truncheon, and the ball-bearing cosh,(His men will arm himself with these as well as swords) that the Crimson Guard often used when patrolling cities. The he'll head in the direction that Madam told him to go in. Keeping and eye out for those who look like they would trouble him- muggers, smugglers who don't want him nosing around and so on- and then he'll beat the shit out of them if they act hostile. If they try and kill him, he'll kill them but try to keep most of them alive, if heavily wounded, then he'll drag them all back to his barracks after cuffing them, for interrogation.
[/quote]

You find a crossbow rather easily. It seems to have a hand crank hole built into it, with a detatchable crank handle, for quick re-draw of the line. It looks somewhat like a miniature ballista of sorts.
((for the sake of brevity...))
[452244]

Your ability to locate members of the smuggling gangs in the area is improved by the fact they don't hide real well. Several of them have already apparently heard who you are (leading you to believe a leak or three exist within the various houses of power in Polca) and what you're assumed to be intending. A couple of the burlier smugglers' thugs attempt to dissuade you. [6v6 6v1 4v5 1v1 3v1] and fail, barely. One of them ends up a floater in the harbor, the other makes for a decent hostage, albeit mouthy as hell...

"Cut me loose and let me go and I WON'T SLIT YOUR GODS-BE-DAMNED THROAT WHEN I BREAK MYSELF FREE!"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: December 28, 2011, 05:43:05 am »

It was time to meet with the queen. She sent for him after all, and there was no point in delaying things anymore.

Soldiers were mighty unhappy, but the army was well trained and loyal to the crown. One thing that made Nikephoros slightly confused. He was proud that he was able to keep them together and preserve their loyalty to the crown, but at the same time Laythe was given another chance. And it would be silly to try anything without soldiers to back you up. An armed uprising with peasants was a fantasy that Nikephoros did not even consider.
Maybe that crazy woman deserved another chance at doing things. Maybe he could even mentor her in warfare.

He entered the throne room.

Your Majesty, I am here. what do you require?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:59:40 am by Ardas »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 28, 2011, 06:02:31 am »

Meanwhile...

Tala has spent the ensuing week in a flurry of activity-planning for the Wedding, sending out the invitations, arranging her schedule...and enjoying her dwindling time as a single woman with a measure of sweet melancholy and inescapable joy.

Right now, she and Pasha were in the wardrobe-preparing to answer the Queens summons-and she was trying to help him pick out clothes befitting of a Noble...and not being entirely serious about it...

"What about this one Pasha..." Tala said, holding up a ridiculous looking puffy white silk shirt and tricorner hat with an outlandishly long feather in the brim. "You'll look like my own dashing swashbuckler...aye aye, Captain?"

She grinned, pushing back a stray lock of red hair with her left hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tavern

Franz picked up his winnings and went to talk to Juan at the bar.
"You are a soldier and you are penniless. Probably work for the guard now, you have shitty hours and the pay is very bad. I can get you out of that life and if you accept, you will also get an interesting job. If you accept my offer you must swear to never tell anybody about this."

Find a Hatcuri DN boss to kill.

[auto-pass]

Awalia still seems a prime candidate. Why isn't she dead yet? Surely, Franz can end the life of a petty thug as she...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: December 28, 2011, 06:46:53 am »

"I wanted to talk about the entire Mileth situation, the clusterfuck that was, and set a few things straight." Laythe looked over the group of captains, some looking weary from the recent campaign.

"Now, I want to hear all your opinions on this. And if anyone is afraid of speaking their mind now, don't be. I know I screwed up horribly, and I need this so that this situation never repeats itself." Laythe took a breath, knowing full well of the repercussions of this...

Ask the regimental commanders for their opinion on the whole situation
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 28, 2011, 07:13:13 am »

Your Majesty, if i may be frank....

Nikephoros cleared his throat and begun.

"I failed to conduct the siege properly. I failed, but only because I was not allowed to run things the way they were supposed to go. As much as I respect my employers, I do speak up when they are at fault. And Your conduct at Mileth was less than what befits a monarch...."

He paused for a while, letting the silence speak for itself, then resumed.

"I am of course prepared to bear whatever consequences there might be on my side and I am always ready to advise, tutor and help whenever I can. I only await the command."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:31:24 am by Ardas »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 28, 2011, 07:13:19 am »

The priest drew the cloth up over the body of the young man, closing it around his neck and tightening it so only his face remained open to the humid sea air. The priest was young, barely aged enough to wear the dark robes of his kind. Certainly younger than the man he was working upon.

'Vataloi, haun ibn satma taloi.' he whispered, beginning the chant with the broken samak phrase. 'We offer this body to you, Bright One, and ask you to accept the soul trapped within into your light, to be reborn at the end of times.'

The assorted grievers - a handful, barely a dozen men and women - repeated the words. The man had been a stranger, apparently a sailor of somekind from Vasir, and a scoundrel and thief like many of his kind. The priest idly wondered if the people here were his debtors and enemies - certainly some of them didn't seem too affected by his death. Still, the Bright One did not discriminate, and he knew many worse men had gone to the Light with week-long laments and grand processions. In any case, in his opinion, no-one deserved the man's fate, ravaged by disease, the long death of wasting away into a husk. His corpse resembled a skeleton, his muscles atrophied to nothing and skin drawn tight across his bones.

The weather was good for the funeral, the sun blazing down on them a sure sign of His favor. He took the torch from his side and lit it, turning to the crowd.

'Will this body's kin step forward to set the fire?' he asked. It was traditional, but if no-one was willing or present, the task would be left to him. The cloth, soaked in oil, and the corpse under it, burned well with a bright flame. In the country, a variety of weaker substances were used, resulting in a foul-smelling black smoke that was sometimes seen as a rejection of the soul by the Bright One.

Nobody moved at first. They cast awkward glances at eachother and shifted their weight. The priest felt a newfound pity for the dead man. To have none of your family at your funeral...

There was a shuffle of feet and a hesitant cough. A figure detached himself from the shadows below the rocky outcropping in the cliffside and moved past the crowd towards him. The priest wasn't sure how he hadn't noticed him earlier. It was a big man, broad-shouldered and muscled, dressed in loose sailor's rags. He had a hard, cragged face and features, but there was an obvious tinge of sorrow in his eyes.

'You are his...?' the priest managed, offering the torch. The man took it.

'Brother. Only one left.' he replied, walking quickly around the body to study the face.

'Set the fires, then. Let us release him of his fleshly prison.'

The man nodded, and with careful movements, touched the bottom of the cloth with the flickering torch. The oil went up immediately, white flames springing high above his body. The priest felt the heat wash over him and took an instinctive step back, but the solemn brother stayed and watched, just out of reach of the fire. The priest hurried to continue the ceremony.

'So is,' he paused, looking at his side, feeling faintly embarassed he had to check, 'released from this world this soul, to bask in the Light of the Bright One. So is released Etiac Belladom, to be reborn at the end of times.'

---

Etiac Belladom is claimed by a disease.

His brother, Maraas, arrives in Liguria for the funeral, with his ship and crew.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:26:14 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: December 28, 2011, 07:32:49 am »

Pasha sighed heavily and put the shirt he was holding back. I'm used to dressing for audiences and parties and such, but... I don't know. I just think I ought to try harder for this. I mean, this is kind of it. The biggest step of my life. I should be doing my absolute best in every aspect. While he was thinking, Tala held up a puffy silk shirt and a feathered hat. He looked at them. "Puffy, Tala? You know that's not my style." He stuck his tongue out at her. "Besides, if I'm wearing that then you have to wear this," he added wickedly, indicating an extremely plain, conservatively-cut brown dress. "One place can hold only so much flamboyance."

"Hmm, what about these?" he said, picking out a long white coat that could be held together by a blue cord across the collar, chest, and stomach, a white shirt, a dark gray vest with silver embroidery, white pants, and black boots. "Do you think I should try them on, see how it looks?" he asked, looking over the coat.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 28, 2011, 08:30:05 am »

Tala raised an eyebrow at the boring brown dress. "Chamber Maid Chic? Why I never..." She mimed cocking a fist in Pasha direction.

She took a look at what he pulled out next.

"Ah, there we go. It makes you look good, Pasha. I see you've inherited my sense of style...and an affinity for the dramatic...the vest pulls it together, I think."

She helped him put it on-taking her time, of course. She felt sort of motherly in her affection-making sure had everything on straight. For his part, Pasha stood as still as a dress makers dummy, probably afraid he would tear something expensive.

It looked good on him! She wondered how long it had been since Pasha had to dress like a Noble?

"There is the Baron Pasha Alanis. Where has he been hiding?"

For her own dress, Tala merely selected a fashionable long top, open coat, and her favorite beret.

She smiled as Pasha fished a brilliant green silk scarf from the rack and tied it gently and loosely around her neck. Tala was going to ask why he wanted to ask this particular touch-perhaps someone from his past favored it, and he wanted to see how it looked on her? Ah, no matter. He liked it on her, and that was enough.

"A finishing touch. Brilliant, Darling..."

She pecked him on the cheek, and he put a hand and through her hair and then...use your imagination.

...it took a few minutes to get completely redressed. They were off to see the Queen not long after.

Tala and Pasha arrived a little bit late to the meeting. Oh dear.

Luckily, the Queen was still busy chatting privately with Nikephoros.

When someone (maybe the queen?) commented, Tala was quick to explain...

"Forgive our being late, My Queen. We...found ourselves restrained by odd circumstances."

Restrained in each others arms, anyway...she finished wryly, in thought. Pasha dropped a wink. She elbowed him lightly in the side.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:26:31 am by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: December 28, 2011, 09:25:08 am »

"Ah, there we go. It makes you look good, Pasha. I see you've inherited my sense of style...and an affinity for the dramatic...the vest pulls it together, I think." Pasha looked down at himself. "Is that so?" He pulled at his lapels slightly with an unsure expression. "I thought white would be a good, solid color." He sighed and toyed with one of the cords. "Of course it does carry the problem of having to be extra careful when wearing it. Especially when drinking red wine." She smiled at him affectionately as she stepped back to take in the whole look, and he obligingly stopped fidgeting about and stood up straight.

"There is the Baron Pasha Alanis. Where has he been hiding?" she said. All over the place. It's about time he came out and saw the world. He nodded, in response to both Tala and his own thoughts. Enough dilly dallying about! He had to do this with confidence. He'd been on the battlefield before, had sneaked into enemy encampments and poisoned their food stores, killed their generals, without being caught. Those were high-tension situations likely to result in his death. This should be easy by comparison. After all, I'm settling down with the woman I love. The only worries we should have is how long we should be on the honeymoon, he thought as he put a scarf around her neck, which seemed to please her. And speaking of the honeymoon... Oh, what's that saucy look all about? Want to start on that early? He smiled and returned her kiss...

Later at the castle, and back in his normal, plainer attire - it was probably bad luck to be wearing one's wedding clothes before the day of the event, or so he believed - he stood at Tala's side, his hand on her shoulder. "Indeed," was all he had to say on the matter after her explanation. He imagined that they hadn't missed much, if anything. If they hadn't bothered to get dressed they probably would have been on time, although the reaction they would have gotten would certainly have altered the tone of the proceedings. I do wonder sometimes how socks can get so terribly misplaced... even though you know you just left them in your boots. A mystery for another time. For now he shifted position slightly, folding his arms behind his back in the usual military manner. He assumed this was about the siege, but he planned to wait a bit and see. The last thing he wanted was to get the topic of discussion wrong.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:32:09 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 28, 2011, 12:57:25 pm »

In an Alleyway in Polca:
William rubbed the side of his face and wiped the blood out from under his nose and tried to straighten it out, but ceased when he heard a frighteningly organic sound.
No good...fugging broken by the feel.
In addition to his broken nose, he had a large straight purple bruise across his cheek where one of the thugs had grabbed William's truncheon and smashed his face with it. Luckily the punk didn't break any teeth out or William might not have restrained himself as he did.
"Oh shut the fug up those are solid steel manacles. I would cut out your tongue if I didn't need you to talk."
His two guards grabbed the thug and drug him back to the barracks, while William hefted the poor lad that died- whose name he knew to be Thossid, who left a noble girl in Lonemine pregnant and had to get out of town- and headed back to the same barracks.
Poor Thossid. I didn't think that man would pull that knife...

Later in the Barracks:
The Thug was chained to the chair in the cellar of the "barracks", William had soundproofed the walls with straw filled burlap sacks and boarded up the only window. The only light came from a mining lamp hung from the roof, out of the prisoner's reach. The door was guarded by three of William's armed Crimsons. William walked into the room and drew a thick truncheon from his belt and broke both of the man's legs in several different places in a whirl of movement. Then he unrolled a small bunch of tools; mostly knives of varying sharpness and took off his coat."I want to know several things. First, where is your gang's HQ, how many fighters do you have, what ships in port are smuggler's ships, and who leads the gang and where can I find him."
William pulled the gag out of the man's mouth and then the interrogations began.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 28, 2011, 02:31:34 pm »

In William's cellar:

"Begging your pardon, sir", speaks one of the guards, as William reaches for his first knife. "But I have a question"

[3] A question? Why would your guard have a question for you?

"I was wondering if you could give me your autograph. I like to keep a memento."

[3] What on earth is this man talking about. Do you recognise him? You subtly reach for your weapon.

"No? I suppose not. My apologies for the... inconvenience."

The guard- who is standing between the other two- thrusts his hands sideways. The guards give a brief gasp before falling to the floor.

"Really, masteri, you should screen your guards. I practically walked right in here. And you so kind as to lead me to a room where no screams will be heard- or if heard, responded to"

A Lonemine Assassin appears!

Kathos Thunderblade, Ligorian Noble, returns to his quarters only to find a curious note pinned to his door. The note contains a single word.

Run.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 28, 2011, 02:43:25 pm »

William turned around, a smile on his face.
"Hmm...Yes. I've gotten a bit sloppy recently in regards to my personal safety. I really must remedy that after today, if I survive. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Masteri...?"
He shifted in his leather armor and then drew Zerim from his belt.

"Regardless, I'll gladly give you a few mementos to remember me by."

Kill him.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:04:35 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 220