Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231672 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2130 on: December 20, 2011, 08:57:30 pm »

"Unhmm..."
William nodded and then began to walk throughout the building, his footsteps lightly padding on the hardwood flooring, a male scribed walked out in front of him.
As quick as a flash William plunged the blade into the man's sternum and pulled up, cut a large gash from the man's sternum to his throat, removing any chance he has to speak as well as a good portion of the man's throat. The Scribe, reached up to his throat and made eye contact with Chironas, before William finished him with a simple swing, then reached down and shut the Scribe's eyes.

Then he retraced the man's footprints and came to a small room, a man was sitting at a desk, facing away from the door. Which he would soon learn was a bad idea.
"Have you forgotten something, Geat-"
William cupped his hand over the man's mouth and slid the dagger into his backbone, just below the neck slicing through the spinal column and severing the artery. The man went limp and soon bled to death.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: December 20, 2011, 09:17:04 pm »

Thom and Jan return a moment later-the men on the roof won't be seeing the stars anymore, or anything for that matter.

Chironas leads on. The men and women here had all watched her being tortured-and done nothing. In her eyes, they were all as equally guilty. They were all going to die, except for one.

The group heads to the spiral staircase located behind the altar...as they pad their way down the stairs, Chironas puts a hand on Williams chest to stop him-pointing at something in front and below him, at roughly groin height. It's an extremely thin trip wire, connected to the wall and a mechanism that looks like a tiny box embedded in the wall. Close inspection reveals a pillbox trap of about a dozen spring loaded steel needles. It was well hidden, and even William hadn't noticed it right away.

"Needless to say, if you had tripped over that, our nights would have been a lot more boring..."

Chironas smiles, thinking of good times to come, maybe-and motioning William over the trap and downward.

In time, they reach the bottom-all that stands in front of them is a double oaken door, with no lock visible.

"The rest are in here..."

The group prepares to burst in on Williams mark,

Meanwhile...

Our friend, the man pretending to be a Priest, yawned. Well, time to go to sleep anyway. There was a service in the morning-a funeral.

He got up, waving goodnight to the four bored men on watch. He strolled to the double doors that lead out...and heard a few words float out from the hallway-in a voice he recognized, barely. The rest are in here? What could that mean?

He stared dumbly at the entrance, waiting for something to happen.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: December 20, 2011, 09:42:04 pm »

William grinned and stood in front of the door. He gave a quick double nod to Thom, who produced a glass bottle of whisky from his dark red over coat and handed it to William. It was some cheap rotgut that probably wouldn't even catch fire unless you poured a load of gunpowder in it.
But it had its purposes.

William then kicked the doors' handles and they swung open from the force of the kick..
He saw the robe of the Taloist, and in a second, hurled the bottle straight into the priest's face. The bottle broke on the man's face, peppering him with glass and alcohol. A scream died in his throat as the edge of William's hand smashed across his adam's apple.

His men along with Chironas dispatched the rest of them, except for a young boy, who's neck was being held by Thom's thick hands.
The boy looked sick and the one who called himself a priest, had Jan's boot on his chest, a sword held to his neck, and was wheezing for breath.
William frowned and walked over to child, who didn't look older then ten and had tears welling up in his eyes.
William's hand applied pressure to a certain spot on the boy's neck and after a few seconds, he went out like a light.
Thom released the boy's neck.
"Gag him and tie him up. Don't be rough."

Thom nodded and tore some strips from the corpses' clothing and made a makeshift gag and bindings for the boy. While William took over for Jan, who began to help Thom.

William glanced at Chironas.
"Is this him, love?"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:44:57 pm by filiusenox »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: December 20, 2011, 10:25:44 pm »

"Yeah, that's him.

Chironas walked forward, and picked the false Priest up by his collar and lift him off the ground-an impressive show of strength for a woman of her size.

"You wanted me to tell the story of William right? You and the Order, wanted to know the real William? Well, you're about to find out."

Chironas throws him against the wall.

As William approaches him the man, he whips out his Golden Taloist Sun Amulet, and holds it against William as if he's trying ward away a Demon from Hell.

"Back! Back! The Shining One protects me!"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: December 20, 2011, 11:26:37 pm »

William smiles and plucks the amulet of the man's hands. He looks at it critically for moment, and makes to throw it against a wall. But he checks himself and instead he puts it on the mantle of the fireplace. With one hand he pulls the man up and pins him against the wall. With a kick he puts the iron, the one that was used to brand Chironas, back into the fireplace.
"Guard the door from the outside, Jan. Thom."
"Yes sir, will do."
"Yes sir."

William waited patiently for the brand to heat up and then picked it up, when he noticed that the man wasn't making eye contact.

That won't do William...Not at all...

William leaned forward and whispered ito the man's ear.
"Stare into the Night."
Then he hit the man in the adam's apple and began what he had set out to do since he saw the burn scar across Chironas' shoulder.
The Iron hissed against the man's flesh and William dropped the brand. The man would have been screaming, if his tongue wasn't the first thing William burnt. All that came out of the priest's mouth now was a choking sob.

MORE, MORE, MORE.
No...twenty...thats... enough.

The man stared into William's eyes, much like a mouse will stare into the eyes of a snake when the mouse is cornered and knows its about to die.. William drew a sharp small dagger.
William's shirt- for he took the jacket off when he began- was dyed red with blood, his face had a single splatter on it and his hands where covered in drying blood. He was hurrying though, the man was nearing blessed unconscious.

"Is that enough, Chironas?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: December 21, 2011, 12:11:24 am »

Chironas had watched the whole time. It gave her no satisfaction...but it did give her a measure of closure. He had turned out to be a coward, after all. She would have felt worse if he had actually been brace.

She passed judgement.

"Good enough, William. Good enough.

Finish him off, before he falls unconscious."

Chironas wanted to say more-how this was what they deserved-for stealing her life, for betraying her. William and she belonged together, now. He was her Avatar of War, her divine venegeance, her champion, her beast...and she had loosed him upon them. Chironas did not want to do it again...for his sake and her own. Hopefully they got the message.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: December 21, 2011, 12:21:17 am »

William nodded and slipped the hand with the blade in it behind the mans neck. There was an organic sound and for the Priest, the pain went away. His life soon followed. William watched. Until the man drew his last breath and then he let the body fall.
He reached down and closed the man's eyes.

"Was this man a real priest...and how many more are in here?"  William's voice has no emotion to it, as he cleans off the knife with another corpse's clothes. He slips it back into a sheathe and picks up the sword that he left lying beside the Fire Place. His eyes linger over the Gold Necklace as he waits for Chironas to speak.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:27:54 am by filiusenox »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #2137 on: December 21, 2011, 01:30:48 am »

This conversation will conclude at the start of summer:

Ask Nitha Ferrin who exactly he is, is background, and how he was hired by the hatcuri.

"I won't insult you, or allow you to insult people I owe my life to. If you have fears I'm here to kill you, they're not unfounded given the way our mutual colleagues operate."
Nitha leans back in his chair, "Simply put, an Empire noble saved my ass from a noose a few years back. My history isn't really much of a concern for you, but in short I'm a pirate and a smuggler and I'm here because I owe favors on top of people thinking I'm hiding out in the Southeast Empire" He shrugs, "Losing a tail isn't overly difficult when you lose it through a military blockade"

This conversation will conclude at the start of summer:
"Gentleman," the knight stated as he shoved both doors open, counting on Oswald to quickly swing them shut behind him so that the minor assault on the door-guards would not be seen, "I believe I've a solution to your problem. If only you'd take the time to meet with me, hm? Often one finds it nearly impossible to find good help when they are always busy with business or simply not in the barracks. But fear not, I've taken the time to seek you out on my own despite the...difficulties, and I promise you shan't regret it as long as I don't."

Attitudes: Lord [2] and Captain [2]
"Who the hell dares to march into the quarters of a city Lord during a meeting already in progress, unannounced at best, suicidal at worst?"

"My Lord, Shall I have him removed?"

"Provided he has nothing important to say, I want him removed out a window into the sea..."

((I realize that ending these at the start of summer is short notice for both of you but Mice can blame William and kid started during the war, which was meant to conclude the season))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:38:22 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: December 21, 2011, 01:40:37 am »

(Something I need to ask, is the captain human or hatcuri?)

"Well I won't ask anymore. Come, we have business...I wish to investigate the death of a colleague of mine."

Order the ships to Polca. Head into the harbour, go through any needed checks, then walk to the palace and ask to speak with the lord. Bring a few guards and a small gift...

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: December 21, 2011, 01:57:19 am »

Order the ships to Polca. Head into the harbour, go through any needed checks, then walk to the palace and ask to speak with the lord. Bring a few guards and a small gift...

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

[2+1] Being a pretentious rich asshat that gives out many bribes, he is more willing to speak with someone attempting to bribe him. [4-1] However, that also leads to him assuming the worst in his visitors.

"I understand you had some questions for me?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: December 21, 2011, 02:16:11 am »

Retycl walked up to the lord and offered him a little gem; at first glance it looked like just another sapphire but if one looked closely, it can be  seen that a scene of the ocean has been gently etched into the gem. He placed it into the lord's hand.

"Greetings my lord, I am an ambassador of Hatcur...I've not come for much in truth. I wish to know if a certain mas has stopped here...A noble of Lonemine. William was his name...Do you know of him? And does he remain among the living? I shall not trouble you any longer if you answer me truthfully."

Ask the lord if William was here and if he is still alive.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: December 21, 2011, 03:00:47 am »

"Greetings my lord, I am an ambassador of Hatcur...I've not come for much in truth. I wish to know if a certain mas has stopped here...A noble of Lonemine. William was his name...Do you know of him? And does he remain among the living? I shall not trouble you any longer if you answer me truthfully."

The Lord flinches at the name, and grips the gem tightly. "So are you here to reinforce him and his men to continue occupation of my city?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: December 21, 2011, 03:09:37 am »

He's taken the city, eh?

Retycl laughed softly.

"No, no, you misunderstand. I thought him dead! You see, William is somewhat of a subordinate to me...He's been given free-will so to speak...Perhaps too much? And no, I presume he wouldn't like me here ruining his plans... Anyway, is he still here?"

Course, if William heard that he would have stabbed Retcyl by now...Eh.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:18:08 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: December 21, 2011, 03:42:34 am »

The Lord relaxed somewhat, "If this is what he does on a leash, I beg never see him unrestrained..." The Lord gives you a short run down of the events since William entered the city from his dramatic entrance to the deal he struck with the Lord.

"Truly, I wish to believe his intentions and promises, but if this is how he does business - I wish him gone from my city more"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: December 21, 2011, 03:49:09 am »

"Gone...Unlikely. As much as I'd rather drag him somewhere where he could be of more use, I do believe Polca would benefit from his..influnence. Tell you what, prostrate yourself to the Emperor of Hatcur, and I might be able to rid you of him and give you back control...with Imperial advice, of course."

Poor fool. Didn't matter to Retycl if he accepted, he didn't even think the lord would accept.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 220