Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231677 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #2115 on: December 19, 2011, 01:08:07 pm »

Damn, you really need to take a class in manipulation...
Shutup.

"Of course I'll spare no expense to protect you, and how could I not lo-?" William turns around and trails off, as he sees Chironas reaching for the dagger under his pillow. His whole body tenses as his voice takes on a pleading tone.
"Please don't do this to yourself, Chironas...Please don't do it to me....I don't need more of my loved-one's blood on my hands...Just...Please dont." Regardless he prepared to stop her.

Hopefully I don't hurt her in the process...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 19, 2011, 03:00:34 pm »

Chironas knew though-William would stop her from killing herself, now that he had spotted what she was doing. Even if he had to kill her himself.

Her hand no longer creeped toward the blade, but sought the comfort of her lap.

"Damn your eyes, William Varaum. Very well. I wouldn't want to hurt you like that...not like that. Then again, you know how cruel a Woman can be, don't you...

...Well then. If you would not have me take my own life, I guess you've got some killing to do?"

Chironas tone was dark now-dark as death. It was the tone the dead might speak, if they were brought to life to speak condemnation upon those who had wronged them in life.

She stood up and crossed over to him. She took him by the shoulders and whispered in his ear the address of the place she knew the Order had their safehouse in Polca. She rubbed the nape of Williams neck with a sigh.

"There. You'll find them there, about a dozen of them. They're well trained. I would never ask you to make them suffer-especially not the one who pretends to be a Priest, the one who burned me-but you'll still need to leave the youngest one alive and mostly intact...to tell the story."

Chironas smiled coldly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: December 19, 2011, 03:17:41 pm »

The look of surprise on William's face is rather surprising, to say the least.
"Where in the Seven Hells of Samhain have you been all my- Oh wait, that's right...I'll have three of my Crimsons guard you until it's done, people I trust. Unless you wish to come with me?"

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: December 19, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »

4: [6] You arrive at the manor and are seated in a simple waiting area. You're informed that the Lord is in a mood to see visitors, but would like to know what you want first. Strangely, the Guard Captain is already at the manor - a heated debate can be heard from inside Attitude rolls to be used later: [2][2]

Terryn could hardly make out what was being said, the voices were so muffled by the door. But he was no fool, and so had an idea. And, as it happened, the Hedge Knight had grown quite tired of waiting. That was another virtue that his mentor had failed to distill in him, he supposed, alongside honor: Courtly patience.

So after some time, Terryn rose to his feet. Hand resting idly on the once-bejeweled pommel of his longsword, he swaggered up to the door. Oswald snarled at one of the guards, and shoved him aside with an unceremonious "Out of the way, runt," as the other two hedge brothers dropped a hand to their respective weapons, a menacing glint in their eyes. And with that, Terryn stepped into the argument.

"Gentleman," the knight stated as he shoved both doors open, counting on Oswald to quickly swing them shut behind him so that the minor assault on the door-guards would not be seen, "I believe I've a solution to your problem. If only you'd take the time to meet with me, hm? Often one finds it nearly impossible to find good help when they are always busy with business or simply not in the barracks. But fear not, I've taken the time to seek you out on my own despite the...difficulties, and I promise you shan't regret it as long as I don't."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 19, 2011, 03:45:22 pm »

"Yes...I must ask, captain who exactly are you? Security reason, don't want to have to deal with any old foes of yours or the such after all, or if I do then I'd rather know. And if you don't mind, how exactly were you hired by my ' brothers'?"

Ask Nitha Ferrin who exactly he is, is background, and how he was hired by the hatcuri.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: December 19, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »

Chironas thought that was not such a bad idea...maybe Williams madness was infecting her, she thought. If so, it was not an entirely unpleasant feeling.

In this case, Madness was like falling into an impossibly deep pit-with the realization that when you finally hit the bottom...you wouldn't care. At least neither of them would be falling alone.

"I'll come with you, William. A splendid idea. It's about time I fought beside you where you could see me.

..I mean, I was never going to let you lock me in a tower. If they want me, they'll have to come out into the light and take me."

Chironas laughed a bit. Hmm, this insanity wasn't so bad if you could laugh in situations like this. It almost felt natural. She remembered that she had been a moment from comitting suicide a bit ago, and another laugh escaped.

"Ah, I suppose we'll both be hunted then, William. You've got more experience in this than I.

We should be fine as long as our assassins don't fall in love and start working together..."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: December 19, 2011, 05:05:47 pm »

...This woman is nuts, William...

William smiled and slipped on his armor and the black leather long coat that he had bought. He hid the various daggers and knives. He strapped the Crimson Blade, the steel short sword and two daggers to his waist. Despite the number or swords, when he moved he didn't make a single clinking sound.
William turns around and gives Chironas a small smile.

"Do you need any armor or weapons?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: December 19, 2011, 05:30:17 pm »

"I've been keeping them close."

Chironas slips out the door for a moment. She returns in the armament of one of Williams Crimson Guard. At least it looks like it, at first glance. It's actually quite more, a clever duplication-but lighter and stronger, with plenty of places to hide things...it's built in such a way as to make her true form indistinct.

Before she removes the Helm, William can barely tell it's her at all.

"What, you never noticed the extra guard?"

The blade she wears on her hip is her own, though-a long curved sword, colored pitch black so as to not to cast an unlucky gleam. William notices the Hilt might have once held an insignia of some sort-but now there is only an empty gap. Like William, Chironas carries many slender blades, hidden in the compartments in her armor.

She nods, donning her helmet. She motions for William to follow her out of the room.

"Like I said before, the night is dragging on, and I'd like to make the most of it..."

Even beneath the Helmet, William can see that cold grin again.

Meanwhile...

The Church where the Order was based in Polca was remarkably quiet tonight-perfectly sacrosanct, as the Priest would have said.

The Man who pretended to be a Priest leaned back in his chair, drinking just a little bit more wine...the whole business with Chironas, absolutely dreadful, everyone agreed.

But he had had his orders. And he was a loyal soldier. Nine Hells, he even had started to believe some of the Sun Religion, to save his soul...

He decided to pray extra hard tonight, before he went to sleep. Surely, he would be forgiven...maybe even rewarded. That was a good spin on things. He drank more wine.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: December 19, 2011, 05:41:59 pm »

William grabbed his hat- a thin black leather affair- off the peg and slipped it on. He followed Chironas out of his room.
"There was always more then a few extra guardsmen. Speaking of which, do you think we will need a few?"

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:44:48 pm by filiusenox »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: December 19, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »

"Couldn't hurt. The Order might have more agents than I accounted for-we travel in groups, you know. Every safehouse might have multiple cells, following a specific person at a certain time. It's not impossible to think more might have come, if they thought they had to kill me...

Look at me now. Telling all the Orders little secrets. It's not like they can double assassinate me, anyway.

Also, I've always liked that hat. I remember where you bought it..."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: December 19, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »

William nodded and knocked on three doors as he walked down down a hall. Jan, Thom and John emerged looking tired but alert.
John immediately gave a salute, which was tiredly followed by Jan and Thom.
"Sir?"
"John hold down the fort, Thom and Jan are coming with us to go do some work."
"What type?"
"Destruction of a Ancient Order."
"Okay then."

John walked back into his room, while Jan and Thom followed the couple without remark except to walk off and find some whiskey, then meet back up with them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:11:06 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2126 on: December 20, 2011, 12:41:24 pm »

It is now Summer
As spring comes to an end, the Storm Coast basks in the warmth of the sun. The Dragon Empire seems to be dealt with- for now, but vicious rumours about the ill conduct of the Ligorian leadership circulate, both amongst the citizenry of Mileth and the Storm Coast in general. Is discontent brewing? Will the homecoming army be met by foes manning the very walls they set out to protect? Probably not. But one thing is certain: The coming months will be... interesting.

[3] It is an average summer. Nothing much of interest happens. A man marries a fish, but with some sects of Taloisism, that is perfectly legal.

Things that happened this spring:
-Give me a moment.

Previous Season (spring 416a), Next Season (Autumn 416a)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:14:30 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: December 20, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

John walked back into his room, while Jan and Thom followed the couple without remark except to walk off and find some whiskey, then meet back up with them.

The group sets out under the cover of night. Chironas leads them into the depths of Polca, explaining what meager defenses they might face. The Orders true strength, it turns out, is in secrecy-they are not prepared for a direct attack.

...eventually the group ends up at across the street from a small Taloist Church-as can be told, from the abundance of windows and skylights that allow the sun to stream in during services, in the Day. Right now, though-the windows are covered with thick cloth, as follows their Religion, that absolute dark should follow absolute light...Williams keen eyes spot two crossbow wielding archers on the roof, drinking from sizable jugs and looking up at the stars.

Which is to say, they are not looking down at the street they should be defending-which is the front door, and the back door, and both smaller doors in the adjoining alleyways.

Chironas stands by William, and she looks over to him expectantly, waiting to see his next move. She licks her lips in anticipation.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: December 20, 2011, 06:56:37 pm »

It felt like an ambush. Oh boy did it ever.
The pliable yet beautiful woman/girl. The easy defenses. The drunken guards. The easy ambush spots. The darkness.
It was like Crag valley all over again.
William shivered under his armor as he remembered the screams of the chapter he was with as they were shot down by the vengeful Ztah. The swish of blades as the  Crimson Guard chapter killed each other in their confusion and their rage. He remembered the sinking mud that was mixed with blood and other unseemly things.
The weakened chapter was then blocked in the valley for the winter, to starve, to freeze to death, while the Ztah raided Ironspring. The chapter did bad things to survive in that frozen valley, but they deserved everything they got. Oh yes...William made sure of that.
William was shook out of his morbid thoughts by Thom.
"Sir?" his voice was a hoarse whisper.
"Huh? Oh yes...I'm going in to take out those sentries. Keep a eye out. I'll tell you when to come in. Oh and if you hear me screaming something like "Oh god its a trap." be so kind as to bring reinforcements back when you flee."
"Yes sir."

William smiled and walked down a side alley that branched off the main alley, and got onto the main road, where he eventually walked into another alley's mouth. After a walking down the wrong way and a doubling back to go the right way. They arrived at one of the side doors to the cathedral, and the guards where still looking up at the stars, not knowing that their lives would soon end. He tried the door very slowly and found that it was locked
Damnit
"Got the key, or should try and get in?" He whispered in Chironas' ear.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:56:13 pm by filiusenox »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: December 20, 2011, 08:11:01 pm »

"I don't need a key..."

Chironas motioned for the others to step back. Then she knocked on the door three times. There was silence. She spoke.

"Elbereth."

A few moments later, there was the sound of the door unlocking-and a man wearing a sort of teal robe opened it.

"Chiron... *Urk*!

Chironas had put a hand over his mouth before he could finished, and plunged her blade into his midsection-using the momentum to carry him into the building, where his struggles wouldn't be heard. Then she motioned for William and his men to follow her inside. The man dies-with a look of utter and complete surprise.

She wiped the blade off on his pants leg, grinning bitterly.

She took Williams hand-he could feel the warmth of the blood on it still-and spoke to him in a quiet tone.

"He was the one I trusted-he led me into the trap. I figured I would repay him in kind."

The room they are in is sparse-nothing but a table, lamp and chair.

"The barracks for the majority of the members are located belowground-in the cellar. We'll probably want to deal with the rest of them up here though..."

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 220