Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231704 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1830 on: December 03, 2011, 01:58:11 am »

Hugo and a dozen Fists visit the docks in an attempt to convince another of the city's gangs to join them.

[5] The Razors, who mostly runs the brothels in the docks, have no problem with the Fists. [3] They also have no reason to join - or fight. [5] The best they'd agree to is paying 'respects' to the Fists until they can prove the worthwhile to join families.

Have the spy investigate the Hacturi embassy (The Bleeding Scale I believe?)
Start filtering all mail to or from Talama.

[4]Your spy starts tailing people in and out of the embassy. [5] This is mostly done from rooftops out of sight. [6] A vast majority of the people going in and out of the embassy look shady to say the least. Many of them have obvious criminal ties, but the larger issue is that the rumors heard about 'humanitarian aid' seem true.

[4] Together, the spies have started checking the mail in and out of Talama. [1] They miss a fair few couriers. Seems finding every messenger is a rather large difficulty they weren't prepared for. [6] The effort they place gives a nice bonus against shenanigans (-2 to future rolls for keeping messeges secret by other players)
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 03, 2011, 05:44:18 am »

((Oh, well. Doesn't matter I guess.))

"Well, I am afraid I am not a man of war, but I was quite the hunter, back home. I think I can shoot a bolt and ride a horse as well as any of your men, although my fencing is probably what you'd call sub-par. I am quite good at getting my way with people also" especially female people was he thinking, although he dared not speak his mind in front of the baron, "I guess you could use me as an ordinance, or a scout maybe.

Of course, you know better than I do, if you think I'd be more useful as a grunt in your regiment, I'll gladly follow your orders."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 03, 2011, 08:12:40 am »

"Not a man of war, eh? Did you ever kill someone?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 03, 2011, 08:39:32 am »

Sheb tough quickly. He could tell the truth, and have the baron think of him as a stupid countryboy. Or he could lie, but what if he felt ill after his first kill? No skilled soldier would mistake him for a warrior after that...

"Only once sir, and I cannot say it was a pleasant experience."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 03, 2011, 09:37:34 am »

"I see... Look, right now I have no need for another man in my regiment, and I don't think you would be useful as a grunt anyway. However, if you still want to serve Ligoria, I can send you to the scout regiment of the army - their captain will let you in, if you tell him that I sent you. There, you will see if you have what it takes to be a soldier. Stay with them during the journey, and fight with them at Mileth. If you are still alive after the battle and still willing to help Ligoria, come back to me. I will need a man like you during the following months."

He paused for a few seconds, studying the man's reaction.

"If after all you decide that you do not have what it takes to become a soldier, you will be free to leave the scouts and... Do something else, I guess. Cletus, my messenger, will take you to the scout captain."

He did not believe that Sheb was going to stay with them after the battle of Mileth - but still, a man like that could be useful.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 03, 2011, 10:20:32 am »

"Well, thank you Sir. I hope I'll have the opportunities to show you my worth before this campaign is over."

Sheb was slightly hurt by Sir Thunderblade's dismissal, but he did his best not to show it. Remembering the position of the scouting regiment from his earlier spying around, he immediately set off in the scouts' direction.

((Is the scout captain actually a PC?))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 03, 2011, 11:11:42 am »

Once hired as a scout, Sheb will use his new post to look around the army some more, trying to know where in the army train are Tala's quarter, and how they are guarded, especially during the day when she is out. Oh, and hide those documents somewhere in a supply wagon, no need to have them found on me.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:41 pm »

[3] They also have no reason to join - or fight.
"You see, artist. We told you. People are happy with their station. Things are stable. They will not join us; they have no reason"
"Well then, we must provide a reason, must we not? Unless you are content to steal pittances from old merchants, barely enough to keep yourself clothed and fed? No, no! You do not have enough ambition. This is an inelegant operation- you could have so much more, so much more control, power- you could change this city. You could make it a city worth living in."
The Fists rolled their eyes.
"Seriously, people. Think modern. The Queen's away, along with most the army. We must seize this opportunity, don't you see?"
Grumbling.
"Money; bring me a few ducats, and I will double our power in a week, I swear. Come on, there must be somewhere we can get money. The smugglers- they will pay if we keep a few piers free of guards, yes?"
"We might receive a few extra donations if we made the smuggler's jobs easier, yes."
"There we go, then. Send someone to talk with the smugglers, and someone else to talk with the more... impressionable of the guards."

Ask if the Smugglers might be interested in having their work made that bit easier, in exchange for a little coin.
Assuming the answer is yes, have men visit cowardly guards to tip them off that they might get hurt if they spend too much time hanging around the docks.
Back up words with deeds by having the Fist patrol the docks and discourage any guards they find from hanging around. I'm thinking knuckles to the face, sword to the gut, and the corpses left lying in the streets.
Should the guards make some sort of organised attempt to reclaim the docks, send Hugo and more of the Fists to whittle them down with ambushes.

What could possibly go wrong.

Once hired as a scout, Sheb will use his new post to look around the army some more, trying to know where in the army train are Tala's quarter, and how they are guarded, especially during the day when she is out.
Oh, and hide those documents somewhere in a supply wagon, no need to have them found on me.

[4] You do some more totally not spying around the camp. [3-1] You manage to stalk Tala, but you think she may have spotted you. Several times.
It suddenly occurs to you that someone might be suspicious about these not-spy documents you are carrying around. Which would be silly, but it might happen anyway. [2] You look around for a safe place to hide them. Ah, this supply wagon looks good. Just have to slip this in here and-
"HEY! YOU! WHAT YOU SKULKING AROUND FOR?"
[6] You manage to quickly chuck the documents deep into the wagon, and back away quickly- you don't think they'll find them. Then again, you are not sure you will be able to find them either.
"I asked you a question, soldier! What is so interesting about that wagon, hmm?"
Long Live United Forenia!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 03, 2011, 12:58:34 pm »

((I wanted to spy on Tala's quarter, not stalk her.))

"Aye Sir! I joined up this morning and was looking around the camp, trying to get my bearing when I saw a suspicious character coming to the wagon while glancing over his back and fiddling inside like it was hiding something sir."

((Also, is Lying a trainable skill? I could use that one ^^))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 03, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »

"Aye Sir! I joined up this morning and was looking around the camp, trying to get my bearing when I saw a suspicious character coming to the wagon while glancing over his back and fiddling inside like it was hiding something sir."

((Also, is Lying a trainable skill? I could use that one ^^))
((Well, you can have bonuses or penalties to lying. Not sure its a trainable skill, though- certainly you can't just spend a year reading books and then convince people the sky is green.))
[2] "Is that so? I haven't seen anyone else around here, and it is my job to watch these wagons. Can you describe the man you saw?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 03, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »

"Not sure it was a man sir, for he or she was kinda small and slender. What I saw was someone in a dark cloak, with long hair. Couldn't get the color due to the lack of moon tonight sir. He or she departed in that direction, on foot (Showing the general direction of Tala's camp). I'm sure as hell we can still catch him sir."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 03, 2011, 01:36:40 pm »

[4] "Sounds like you didn't get a very good look at them. Probably better not worth chasing off into the darkness for. How about you get back to your troop, and I will deal with this, hmm? I'll be sure to keep an extra good look out for mysterious spy women, and you stop snooping around."

He sends you away, then pokes around the wagon himself. [6] He doesn't find anything, though. He does make a note of telling your commander to keep a closer eye on you, though.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 03, 2011, 01:44:32 pm »

Tala had sat down to drink from her waterskin when Sheb passed by her-again. He really wasn't very good at this. Form her estimation, he had been keeping up at it for several hours. Finally, she watched him stalk off in the direction of the wagons.

Her first question was...why? Didn't the man have any patience or guile? To follow her in such a way made Tala suspicious. She needed to know. He could be dangerous...or merely harmless.

She summoned her bodyguards.

"Veritas, Vespius-go fetch that odd man that was following me all morning. Make sure he's disarmed, bring him to my tent-try not to hurt him unless you have to. And, if anyone asks...tell them the truth."

Action: Assuming Tala *did* see Sheb, she sent her bodyguards to capture him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 03, 2011, 04:14:11 pm »

Apart from the chat with Tala and his soldiers, Nikephoros was pretty bored by the journey. The only saving grace of it was that it was short, and soon enough they have reached Mileth.
Orders were given to make camp and that area surrounding the city be scouted. Mileth was to be isolated, and Nikephors intended to envelop it with a ring of earthworks: trenches, ramparts and palisade. He hoped that this would be sufficient to intimidate the garrison and make them realise that they won't last long.

Surround Mileth. Make camp and order the regiments to begin earthworks.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:22:46 pm by Ardas »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 03, 2011, 04:26:18 pm »

The Arctic Fox smiled, standing on the rather pathetic defensive wall of Mileth. Ligorian banners had been sighted in the distance. Finally the Storm Coast had responded to his... invasion.

Time to put his plan into motion he supposed.

Send a messenger to the Ligorian camp, Inviting them to withdraw far enough that neutral ground could be used for a meeting.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 220