Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231663 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1800 on: December 01, 2011, 03:20:36 am »

William and three of his men will head to the Lord's manor, hopefully faster then the people. My regiment will disarm the guard, and lock all the guard's weapons away and keep an eye on the guards themselves. Failure to comply results in death.((If any problems arise, then the regiment will wait for John's orders, any problems arise with William, he'll wait for internal orders.))

((not many))
[2] You don't make it to the manor before hte civilians do. The guards were waiting for you and your men.

Personal Combat:
William, Guards, Armed: 5hp
[2] Guards, Armed: 4hp

[3+1v3] The guards were on alert, but your personal skills worked out in your favor and you catch one of the guards off his. (5v3hp) [6+1v3] Surprised, the other guards seem to fail to pay attention to your men as they rush them. (5v2hp) [4+1v2] The momentum carries you forward and you push through your opponent, dropping him. (5v1hp) [1+1v5] While attempting to pull your blade from the dead man's chest, you're double-teamed since your men are apparently not paying attention. They must have been awe-struck by your greatness. (4v1hp) [6+1v6] Seeing you take a hit, however, made them snap to - and demolish the remaining guard while they had their backs turned. (4v0hp)

[1] The time spent disposing of the perimeter guards put the remaining manor on alert. [5] Thankfully, they aren't too sharp and you manage your way into the Lord's study. You find him sitting with a snifter of Lechem Brandy in hand - and a pair of guards behind him.

"Hello again..."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:43:39 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 01, 2011, 07:13:55 am »

Sheb will ride around the army, not really hiding but surely avoiding anything that could be Tala. He'll try to identify the different regiment, their strength and numbers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 01, 2011, 07:23:25 am »

After receiving the promotion and brief look at the people gathered at the square, Nikephoros let the queen preisde over the march out of the capital .She was the head of all armed forces in the end, so it was only fitting that she would give the order to march out.

Follow the queen. March to Mileth with army and keep everyone in order along the way.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 01, 2011, 10:29:57 am »

((What the hell was this guy's name?))

William remained standing, and smiled a grim little smile at the man.
"Hello again, your lordship. I'll be brief, you seem like an intelligent man, your lordship...Surrender, you won't be harmed and you'll keep your current station. Except you'll be under my control, any army we build will also be under my control, as well as the finances.
You'll receive pay in coin for working in your current position. I'll make your land richer, I'll take out the Gangs and make your country the best in the Stormcoast. I really don't want to hurt you but failure to comply results in death. I can kill you and it won't bother me one bit."

If he tries anything, like screaming for more guards or having his current guards attack, or fleeing, Kill them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:23:24 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: December 01, 2011, 10:33:20 am »

A few miles outside of the city, 'Tala' nodded to Pasha not to follow right away, and took the moment to ride up alongside Nikephoros and address him. She took a diplomatic, polite tone.

"A fine army you've assembled here, General Nikephoros. Mileth is good as ours, though I am unhappy to think of all of us who may not return to do so. Yes, I am not so naive to think myself and those I love immune to injury and death."

She was quiet for a moment-meditating away her anger at the things he had said about her. He was hardly the first man to call her that. It was in her estimation, twas only a man resorting to the 'sour grapes' moral-if I cannot have her, she must be a whore. Pathetic. Tala knew-or at least hoped-Pasha never saw women in that way.

"I trust your offer to allow me to accompany and learn from you the art of war is still open?

For, Commander Pasha informed me of certain...unkind things that may or may not have been said on my behalf. I do not hold the private talk of men amongst themselves personally, of course-in that private company, between gender lines, we say many things which are considered uncouth. At least, In our dealings face to face, we have both been nothing but courteous to each other..."

'Tala' abruptly snapped her head to the left, scanning the distance like a hawk. She thought she had seen something, heard a branch crack in the scrub...ahh, nerves no doubt.

She realized Nikephoros was examining her closely, and laughed self consciously.

"I must seem so out of place here, to you-a young lady who hath only dwelled in the comfort and ease of the court, I dare say, you might consider my accompanying the march in battle guard something unseemly, or some sort of insult to your profession, though that is not my intent."

Tala took a stronger tone at that moment.

"I assure you, General, I am stronger I am look. And, I will prove it to you, and the Queen-whatever it requires."

At least the last part was almost completely honest-she was mostly doing it for herself.

Action: For the ensuing month, training Tactics and Command with General Nikephoros, if he agrees to do so
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: December 01, 2011, 10:52:33 am »

Sheb will ride around the army, not really hiding but surely avoiding anything that could be Tala. He'll try to identify the different regiment, their strength and numbers.
[6] You manage to follow the army around without being noticed. You also manage to get a very good idea of their numbers and composition. You make a point of writing it all down, because that sort of thing is hard to remember. My word yes, with the information you have written down you would know everything the enemy would want to know about this army.
It's a good thing that you aren't a spy, or people might object to this sort of behaviour.
Item acquired: Incriminating documents.
Long Live United Forenia!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 01, 2011, 10:56:23 am »

I'll store those documents in some hidden place among my luggage, and then join the back of the army. Say to the first officer I meet that I wish to join a regiment serving against the DE and who should I refer to.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:19 am »

Nikephoros was riding in close to his regiment, exchanging few words there and there with his lieutenants. It felt good to finally be out of the city and marching to war.

He then noticed Tala riding up to him. No doubt she wanted to talk, be it about the tutoring or her boy. But he was in a good mood, so he did not care or worry about either.

"A fine army you've assembled here, General Nikephoros. Mileth is good as ours, though I am unhappy to think of all of us who may not return to do so. Yes, I am not so naive to think myself and those I love immune to injury and death."

"Do not worry about death. Its a bad omen to speak of it before any battle. As of the soldiers, I have a plan that will assure a bloodles victory, God be willing."

She looked calm and composed, but Nikephoros saw a glimpse of something in her eye. Maybe she was worried? He knew what it was shortly after she spoke again. It was anger. Brief, but quite legible from her words alone.

"I trust your offer to allow me to accompany and learn from you the art of war is still open?

For, Commander Pasha informed me of certain...unkind things that may or may not have been said on my behalf. I do not hold the private talk of men amongst themselves personally, of course-in that private company, between gender lines, we say many things which are considered uncouth. At least, In our dealings face to face, we have both been nothing but courteous to each other..."

"The offer, why, yes. I will have no qualms with tutoring you, although the best part will come during siege.
As for my words towards commander Pasha: I do not bear any ill will or thoughts against you, my dear. I simply want the boy to be in shape and ready for whatever may be, and I noted that he was simply too much preoccupied with your lovely self than with his duties. And we don't want him stuffed full of arrows or to be without his head, do we?"

She was no doubt determined to prove herself when she spoke again:

"I must seem so out of place here, to you-a young lady who hath only dwelled in the comfort and ease of the court, I dare say, you might consider my accompanying the march in battle guard something unseemly, or some sort of insult to your profession, though that is not my intent."

Tala took a stronger tone at that moment.

"I assure you, General, I am stronger I am look. And, I will prove it to you, and the Queen-whatever it requires."

Oh, don't worry about that girl, you will prove yourself yet....
Nikephoros let out a small, innocent laugh.

"Well, you certainly got the right attitude. And your presence here if far from insult to me. Shame that our queen does not have more nobles like you, at least the court wouldn't be so dull."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 01, 2011, 11:22:20 am »

(Guess I'll interact with Sheb since the only officer not busy at the moment is Kathos. :D I don't know if the Queen counts... >.>)

Pasha watched Tala ride off to talk to Nikephoros, then turned his eyes back to watch the road. As always when traveling over long distances, this got boring quickly; especially so since he wasn't in the vanguard and had nothing to look at ahead of him but the backs of a lot of helmets. He turned to look around elsewhere, just to take in his surroundings, when he noticed a man on foot approaching the army from the side. I doubt it's a scout from the Dragon Empire. They would want to watch from a distance, not approach the army directly...

He turned the horse and intercepted the man, but before he could say much of anything the interloper said he wanted to join the fight against the Dragon Empire and asked who he should refer to. Fair enough, a lot of the troops joined just for this opportunity. I doubt this man has bad intentions and even if he tries something there are several regiments here willing to cut him down at the first sign of violence. "It depends on who you want to work for. I've heard a lot of good things about Kathos Thunderblade. Marshal Vandire leads the army. Or you could work for me. My name's Pasha Dolgorouki; I'm a strategist." He held down a hand for the man to shake in greeting. "What's your name?" he asked politely.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 01, 2011, 11:38:26 am »

"Well, you certainly got the right attitude. And your presence here if far from insult to me. Shame that our queen does not have more nobles like you, at least the court wouldn't be so dull."

Tala nodded along. Nikephoros seemed willing to entertain her, for the moment. That was well.

"Indeed, the Kingdom could need more of interesting people in the court...or at least, those who work for the love of art, joy and beauty, over the necessity of steel, gold and blood. But, this world is far from perfect, and without men like you, being the latter, there would be no civilization in which the former could thrive."

Then in a moment of genuine self correction...

"Hmm-I just now realize I have been calling you a General, but I recall now you have risen to higher station, recently. Isn't it Marshal now? If I am correct in my reckoning, the Queens favor for you must have increased ten fold. If so, I have done you a dishonor by not referring to your proper title. Would you prefer me to address you as so?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 01, 2011, 12:43:43 pm »

Nikephoros was happy to talk to Tala, seeing that the journey was long and that she seemed to be fine with his company. Or so she appeared to be.

Do not worry about that. The protocol is necessary for soldiers and officials, but I don't see why we should not address each other by name. I am not your superior and you are not mine. That is if you believe it to be appropriate, milady.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 01, 2011, 01:24:50 pm »

Tala noticed Nikephoros seemed at ease in her presence-almost completely so.

"Very well then-I shall remain Tala, and you shall remain Nikephoros, as ever before. I can only guess, persons who are ever so picky about their titles are the ones who did not rightfully earn them-wouldn't you say?"

She mulled a moment, then went on, as to confess her feelings.

"As you know, this is my first time going to War, Nikephoros. Even my fathers long winded tales of of his own exploits on the battlefield did little to prepare me for this reality. I feel...a certain amount of tension, wound up inside of me, awaiting release. Fear of the unknown-any physical enemy I cannot imagine, much less hurting them or being hurt by them-I am young, and unhurt in body and soul, and so cannot comprehend it, I suppose. I would be lying if I did not say I felt feel slightly...excited, as well. A chance for glory, and honor-and restoring a measure of peace to our kingdom.

...What do you remember of your first battle, Nikephoros? Did you feel the same as I? I'd imagine your beginnings were humble as any other hero."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 01, 2011, 02:30:58 pm »

From the still ceiling-less sixth floor of his tower, Avitus observed the city for a while after the army left. he could still see the dirt cloud created by the marching cavalry in the far distance when he finally decided to leave. Followed by Ulrich and Henry, his two bodyguards, he went back to the Palace, where he ordered the guard to close the throne room during the Queen's absence, he would use his own office in his appartments.
Once all was set, he called one of the newly recruited spies.

Avitus calls a spy in his office.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 01, 2011, 03:09:53 pm »

From one of the shadier quarters of Avitus' office did the spy reveal himself from. A gaunt, figure clad in blackened leather clothing stepped out.

"Yes, you called, sir?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 01, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »

((OOC: You're really paranoid, ain't you? You first though at seeing a stranger is "Well, this time I've got 10 regiments with me so I'm safe?" What the hell do you do otherwise? :p))

"I must admit I don't know Sir. I'm afraid I've got little but my blade and bolt to offer, so I would like for them to be ine the place where they'll do the most good to our side. However, I know little of those commanders you're speaking off. Where you in my position, but with your knowledge, what would you do sir?"

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 220