Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231779 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1770 on: November 29, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

"You'll get used to it," he said when she mentioned having difficulty breathing. "I imagine you're going to get used to a lot of things on this march," he added with a sigh. Terrible food, sleeping outdoors, waking up at the crack of dawn and marching until nightfall... yeah, he was used to these things, but he much preferred the downtime. "I guess I could ask you to 'stay safe' or 'be careful', but we're going to a battlefield for the Gods sake...we're about as far from safe and careful as anyone can be. Let's just promise to get this over with as soon as possible," Tala said, and he turned from his horse's reins to look at her.

"I'm shocked you would suggest I let anything end 'quickly,'" he said, provoking a laugh. That was good. As long as they could keep their spirits up, the road wouldn't be so bad. He patted his horse's mane, then tapped his heels against its side and followed her forward.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 29, 2011, 12:37:25 pm »

Nikepheros' Office, Before the army leaves.

Nikepheros heard a few thunderous steps outside his office, then three large clangs on his door...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 29, 2011, 12:48:23 pm »

Nikephoros was just strapping on last of the armor pieces on with a help of a servant. He preffered simple clothing, including the armor. It was without unnecesary decorations, practical and strong plate, pauldrons and a pair of greaves, all supplemented with tough leather underneath. A short, broad blade adorned his side, with a long dagger added on the other.

Hearing someone at the door, he urged the servant to open and let the visitor in.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:51:48 pm by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 29, 2011, 12:53:56 pm »

Of course, it wass not one, but several visitors, one whom he immediately recognized.

"Nikepheros, I have something to tell you..." One of the others was wearing a suit of impossibly heavy armour (Or atleast it looked that way.), another wearing leather armour with a steel pauldrons and boots, another in the new armour ordered for the queens cavalry last season, and a man wearing a set of fine clothes.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:59 pm »

Nikephoros was slightly surprised by queen's entourage, but didn't think it to be far from ordinary, especially in time of war.
Nonetheless, her tone was strange....

Yes, my queen?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:24 pm »

"Congratulations on your promotion, Marshal. And as for my companions, most will be your sub-ordinates." Laythe gestured to the man in leather armour. "Talvius here will stay to help Avitius, and command the garrison here." Next, Laythe Gestured to the heavily armoured figure. "Syrene is currently training her cavalry regiment. They won't be ready for a while, but they will be." Laythe then gestured to the other woman. "Alaria will be coming with us, As she has been named cavalry commander, and what cavalry that we can use at this moment is coming with us." Finally, Laythe gestured to the finely dressed man. "However, You won't have authority over Sevirius, due to you being the head of the army, and Him being the head of the Navy."

Laythe then leaned on one of the walls. "Satisfactory, Marshal?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 29, 2011, 01:29:30 pm »

Marshal?... Nikephoros was quite literally without words. He managed affairs of many lords and served as captain, liutenant and adjutant or aide to many, but as a marshal.... It seemed that his years of service would take him higher than he ever expected.

Thank you, your Majesty. I am... honored and humbled by your generosity. I presume this is in connection to the campaign? If so then you are many steps ahead of me. As our army expands we will need more officers, but you seem to posses a lot of foresight, especially for your age.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 29, 2011, 01:40:19 pm »

"Exactly. As for more officers, We'll need more land, and thus income to do so. Though this campaign shall provide us with said income to do so." Laythe started to leave the office. "Now, shall we go send the Dragon Empire running for thier mothers?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 29, 2011, 03:56:35 pm »

Kathos stood in the courtyard, slightly bored. He listened to the general's short speech, and smiled at the man's confidence. Unlike a lot of people around him, he was not in armor - he was wearing black clothes, perfect for travelling. His only weapon was the Thunderblade, of course. Some people around him seemed to have forgotten that they were not going to meet with any enemy for a long time, and he wanted his horse to be in perfect shape on the day of the battle.

He looked extremely calm - it was not his first campaign, and today the odds were with them. He had no reason to be stressed. Adrian, his lieutenant, was with him, and he looked just as peaceful. While he did not lead any troops this time, he was still coming - he had been fighting with Kathos since their first battle. His presence meant alot to the noble.

It was the first time they were going to war in five years, and they both seemed to think it was a mundane task.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:33 am »

...Alright then...next phase...

Meet with the Lord.

[4] The Lord is available for audience and is disposition this day toward visitors is [3] a resounding shrug.

"So I am informed that you would like to speak with me? Normally I would ignore the requests of random strangers, but I have little to do this day"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 30, 2011, 12:30:38 am »

"Thank you your highness, I would just like to request that me and my men be allowed to stay in town for a week or two. See, your highness, me and my men are travellers and wanderers, sometimes doing odd jobs for money and such. And I would be very happy if I could stay in town for a week. I'd be willing to pay half a ducat...and be willing to do whatever work you require for free."

Examine the man discretely whilst talking to him.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 30, 2011, 01:37:12 am »

Examine the man discretely whilst talking to him.
((Right, cause that's not suspicious at all - you're also starting to push the 'still being in winter' aspect, likely gonna say that leaving Polca puts you at the start of spring))

[621]
"Highness, ha! I'm not royalty, boy. I'm simply a lord of modest station along the coast. We may not be the largest city on the coast, but we do well for ourselves.

Your men are welcome to stay and no payment is really required beyond that of the Inns and taverns in the area they might sleep at. Donations to the 'improvement fund' are always welcome, however. We really haven't much work for anyone of a mercenary nature. The city runs pretty smoothly all on it's own"

Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 30, 2011, 12:41:52 pm »

((Can Spring start tommorow-IC for William then or it allready started IC for him?))
"Thank you my lord. And of course i'll donate to the improvement fund, i'll be back tommorow, sir, if it's allright with you."

If there is no complaint, leave, make sure no one is following and track down a gang member.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:43:52 pm by filiusenox »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:19 pm »

((not an official roll, just RP here.))

William happens to spot something in his peripheral vision on the way-that could of almost been a glimpse of a certain blonde haired woman dressed all in dark grey, peering at him silently from a rooftop. But when he turned around, no one was there.

Maybe it was just his imagination.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 30, 2011, 01:21:12 pm »

...I'm going to have to talk to that girl tonight, hopefully she'll come this time...I wonder why she hasn't been seeing me anymore...And I wonder why you even care William..?

William's hand twitched and he decided to take a moment, and he leaned up against the wall and pulled a small metal tin out of his boot. He stood staring at it for a moment before pulling out a small hand-rolled cigarette. He twirled this between his fingers and continued looking at the tin. It was a quiet street, so no one bothered him.
He often had heard this voice, it was the one that kept him alive in the hellish backstreets of Lonemine, it was the one that told him how to survive in battles, it was the voice that wanted him to keep stabbing long after stabbing had purpose. It had kept him alive all these years, he never told anyone about it. Kain had mentioned something about it, about him having it too, he had said to keep it under control. Don't listen to it more then necessary.

You know whats going to happen to her William, she'll age and die when you stay the same, or you'll hurt her, or your enemies will...and then you'll end up like Kain. Weak. She's already made you weak, if you worry about her...Weakness won't help you, boy.

William watched as the cigarette fell apart due to the rolling, then he dusted his hands off and slipped the tin back into his boot.
Shut it.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 220