Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231940 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1500 on: November 18, 2011, 10:53:44 pm »

"Do we have any money to build with?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 18, 2011, 10:56:09 pm »

Retcyl laughed again. "My dear friend, you don't understand the power of the Empire. Funds will come to cover any basic expense...But they won't be needed yet. My men can and will build the basics of this stronghold. They've been trained for both combat and construction."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 18, 2011, 10:59:05 pm »

"Well, my men will assist as well, although their fortay in construction is mostly ditchdigging, or building earthworks. They probably will help though. Would one and half ducats help with the construction costs any?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 18, 2011, 11:04:10 pm »

"...Somewhat. but it would not be neccessary unless I need to hire services from Shola or Polcha."

As he spoke, Retcyl rolled up his message and applied his seal to it.

Order ships to set sail for the island. Send a messenger bird to the Emperor's Court with the message attached.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:12:54 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 18, 2011, 11:17:06 pm »

"Well then I don't see what you need me from then... Is there anything else you would like to discuss?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 18, 2011, 11:22:46 pm »

"Well...only one thing still bugs me. Your from Lonemine. Kain Vadud and his family rules Lonemine. Vaduds are long-lived compared to the rest of humanity...Elvs, we call them back in Hatcur. They're...different from other humans. Not just they're life-span but their temperament. Your name...Varaum. It's so similiar to Vadud...Now explain this to me."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 18, 2011, 11:27:54 pm »

William's smile doesn't fade so much as shift into a grin, his body which was tiredly leaning against the chair, tensed and straightened. All pretense of being tired, whether true or false, fell away. His fingers began to tap against the table beside his hand.
"Why does it matter?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:32:41 pm by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 18, 2011, 11:31:20 pm »

"It matters because Vaduds are...hard to trust. The records speak of a particualr Vadud. Must I really see do this? ((Ignore the next part if you want. I just wanted to say this ever since the bond thing was made somewhat canon)) Would you kindly tell me the truth?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 18, 2011, 11:36:24 pm »

"I haven't lied I never said-" William's hand stops moving. His grin fades. His voice turns flat and calm.
"What the hell are you doing to me?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 18, 2011, 11:38:21 pm »

"Something I learned about in the oldest and deepest libraries of Oritzteten. You are Vadud. I release you from my questioning. Sorry about that...Elv. But I can't leave my back unguarded towards an Elv."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 18, 2011, 11:50:03 pm »

In a blur of motion William is leaning towards the Hatcur with a knife out in both hands. Not aimed towards the Hatcur or even aimed towards the general dicrection of the Hatcur, but in his hands nonetheless. His voice is still plain and flat but raises a little bit every now and then, much like it did when he was banished.
"Hurmm...well, it seems you can't leave your front unguarded either. If you ever do that again, I'll make your death slow. I'm in control of my own thoughts and my own damn body. I made an oath to serve your empire for two years at the least and I don't break my word with ease. So I'm not going to kill you unless you try and kill me, unless you try that again. So do we have an understanding? Because I would hate to hear you scream for death."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 18, 2011, 11:52:40 pm »

"William, William, William. I don't plan to control you, there's little point in controlling an Elv in this time and age. Besides, I could easily have you stab yourself instead. I just don't like having someone lie to me...Especially you."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 18, 2011, 11:57:54 pm »

"You can't make me do anything. I'm stronger then any Elv that lives in your empire. Living in Lonemine as an orphan and going to Crimson Guard Bootcamp beats the weakness out of you, with a very sharp hammer. And as I said before, I never lied about anything, I just deflected the comment or changed topics..."

Wait, what? Why the hell did you just say that?!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:03:04 am by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 19, 2011, 12:03:48 am »

Retcyl smiled. "See, William? Your lineage shows itself. I see why you have such a hate of Laythe, why your out here in the first place, why your not dead, buried in a graveyard in Lonemine. Your bred and cultured for control, for power and entertainment. Little else. It's unfortunate, but I have seen no Elv that has been able to get rid of this weakness...Even the strongest of them. Not even the descendents of the Vadum."

Retcyl looked at those raised blades, those sharp, painful instruments of death. "Mind putting those down? We can't have a murder right now..."

((That last part isn't an order, more of a request.))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:05:36 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 19, 2011, 12:33:10 am »

"I can have a murder whenever I want."
...Oh gods that was the most horrible one-liner you ever said...
"But fine..." William slides the blades back into their sheathes and leans back.

"Which Vadud do the records speak of, that is so particular?"
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 220