Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231942 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1470 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:51 am »

"Yes, yes captain. Keep your ships. And yes, I will make sure my associate doesn't get near this ship...Now, I best be getting to my ship. Ready yours for travel."

Back at the ship...

Things were going well. Three ships and three regiments if Retcyl counted William's men. Now onto the next phase of the plan...Retcyl walked back to his ship along the plank and greeted the estranged William. "I see your going well, William?" Retcyl said sarcastically.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 18, 2011, 12:21:07 pm »

Oh, the preparations are fine, but there is a problem. That problem is called Queen Laythe. She got it into her head that she will participate in the campaign as a frontline fighter.
Also, as you may have noticed, she isn't the most wonderful or understanding of monarchs that I had the 'pleasure' to serve under. We need a contingency plan in case she gets incapacitated or worse.

As he spoke, Nikephoros' voice got quieter and lower.
We need to prepare the country for anything, be it interregnum, civil war or invasion. This whelp on the throne thinks she can rule by herself, but she refuses advice and is blindly dooming this country. She does not even have a council. The nobles are alienated and the royal court is nigh-empty of reliable people, save for us. As much as I hate secrecy and duplicity, I believe that we should start a shadow privy council for Ligoria.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 18, 2011, 03:29:18 pm »

Well, straight to the point... almost. Lucius knew only a bit about politics, but he hoped he caught the drift. Up to this point it was quite obvious that he won't get anywhere in Talama without support of someone influential. Tala Alanis offered what he needed. Things she wanted for him could be a bit more dangerous than she claimed, but seriously - many merchants doubled as messengers, gossip-mongers or even smugglers.

He sat down opposite the noblewoman. She wanted to talk a bit, so... why not?

"Well, what can I say about myself then? My life was not very exciting." He sipped a bit of wine and paused, trying to find appropriate words. ""I wouldn't even have left my hometown if not that... well, my elder brother's opinion how to run our late father's business was a bit different than mine. A lot different, actually. We both decided that there is no sense in forced cooperation. Instead I took my share and left for these lands. Nalin is swarming with merchants anyway."

Lucius scratched his chin.

"Talama seemed like an obvious place to start. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Dragon Empire then. Now everything is going to be horribly expensive with all these rulers showering their generals with gold and showing their..." He grunted. "...well, armies off. Not a great time to start up. Still, that's what everyone else will think, too. They say that fortune favors the bold, after all. Well, the one sure thing is that one never has enough friends in his life. Especially in the land so foreign."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 18, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »

'Tala' made a thoughtful gesture, as she reclined in her seat. At least the chairs were comfortable.

"Indeed-one needs friends in places high and low, if for no more than he or she can rely upon them in dangerous times to not be Enemies...

Also, you certainly choose your words carefully, Sir Grimewalde. You speak much, but say little, was something my Mother would have said. I'm in need of someone with that sort of subtle nature.

As for business, Wars seldom benefit anyone but the undertakers, but someone who is careful can cultivate relationships that bear fruit in greener seasons. Imagine if the Queen were to see, for example, her armies being supplied with crates of food and arms you had supplied. You might find yourself with a plot of land come next year, and we could speak as true equals.

On my end, I suppose my life story is hardly very exciting as all. I was cooped up in my family manor for all on 18 years before being allowed out...now, I am a land owning Noble in the service of the Queen, looking to earn my own way-as the sole heir of my household, I can do no less."

Tala also sipped her wine, mulling her options.

"Now, Is there anything else you would like to know about me-or recent events in Ligoria? Or, shall we get down to business?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 18, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »

"I must admit I'm a bit curious about the Queen and her court... I managed to talk to Her Majesty and she seemed very calm and reasonable. Still, I heard that some people really managed to anger her, and I wouldn't want to do anything stupid or rude here. Any advices in this matter?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 18, 2011, 05:59:37 pm »

"In my own estimation, the Queen's anger is not as terrible as some would have it, but she cultivates the image to her benefit. She prefers simplicity and honesty, which some would mistake for a lack of depth-but she had a keen mind.

Naturally, she's fairly paranoid and secure in her dealings with most people. She's about the coldest person I've ever met, emotionally. I wouldn't try to appeal to her sense of morality, anyway. In truth, you will find it difficult to even gain her attention as a merchant-Laythe finds it easy to ignore most people who do not seem to either pose a threat to her, or can benefit her greatly in the short term.

Don't get in her way, and you should be fine."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 18, 2011, 07:47:38 pm »

Woo! A gun! At long last, he had gotten a job that was just reverse-engineering stuff and rebuilding it! What could possibly go wrong?

Ite studies the gun and draws a detailed schematic of it. Then he reads through the instructions and attempts to divine the purpose of each part. Once he has done so, he sketches the individual bits and pieces of the gun.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 18, 2011, 07:54:01 pm »

"Why in the bloody hell didn't you tell me that you were on the damn ship?" William's face remained blank and tired and his voice was level and calm.
"Whatever, it doesn't matter any more..." William rubs his forehead.

"I need to go bury my man, then I need to talk."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:48 pm »

"You looked busy...And enraging the captain further by speaking to you would'nt be a good idea." Retcyl says as William goes off. Well, at least that part was done with. They would still need to ready their plans...

After William buries his Man...

Retcyl once again approached the man from Lonemine and said, "Its time we discussed our current plan of action."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 18, 2011, 08:14:34 pm »

"Yeah, that would probably be good...somewhere quieter, perhaps?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 18, 2011, 08:25:51 pm »

"Yes, yes. Follow me to the my room." Retcyl turned around and led William below deck, into his room on the ship. The room, like all his rooms, were messy and filled with paperwork and documents. You could barely move in this room without hitting your head due to all the shelves. "Sorry about this mess but my quarters are a bit more cramped than usual."

Retcyl seated himself down on his chair behind the desk and started speaking. "Our resources are limited and our connections few. But we can build on them, create new networks and harvest more resources. Before that starts however, we need a base of operations. Somewhere away from the searching eyes of the Storm Coast. Somewhere that can be defended. And yet it needs to be near enough for us to work our plots. I've found one such place. An island, in between the major powers of the region. Shola, Polca, Lechem, and even fair Ligoria."

"The question is, do you have any objections to it?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:44 pm »

Kathos was still in Talama, waiting until spring. His regiment was ready for war in his lands, and now he only had to wait. He did not like to be inactive. Some times, he heard rumors - first he learned that lady Tala was going to join the armies, and then someone told him that Laythe wanted to fight with her men, and finally he learned about what happened in Mileth - a victory without any bloodshed - and he decided he had to talk with someone. Since there was only one general in Ligoria, it was going to be easy to talk about strategy. He had to meet Nikephoros.

Quote from: Letter to Nikephoros
To Nikephoros, General of Ligoria
From Kathos Thunderblade, Baron of Ligoria

For a few reasons, I will try to keep this short. We need to talk, about strategy and a few other things. I am not in a hurry - simply send me a letter when you have enough time to do a strategic meeting.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 18, 2011, 08:37:05 pm »

"Yes. I do."
William smiled faintly.
"A number of incidents have caught my attention that need to be addressed. First of all is money or rather lack of it, the second of which is this Dragon Empire General, and the third is Laythe's ruining of Ligoria and her soon to be expansion of that kingdom..."

"I have a plan to fix most, if not all of these problems..."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:28:57 pm by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »

Retcyl laughed. "William, I've already thought of a plan for our money problems. And as for these politics of Layhte and this Dragon Empire general well, those problems will solve themselves."

Retcyl paused a moment, thinking. His reports on the general were hazy. He knew he was of the Dragon Empire, which meant he must be opposed. Although not a Dragon himself, he was a slave of the Dragons and that was bad enough. Surely the Emperor and other leaders would be alarmed at the Dragon Empire becoming stronger...

"On second thought, we need to deal with this Dragon Empire geberak...He must either be terminated or turned to our cause. I might be able to get Hatcur to help us in that endeavour..."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:33:33 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 18, 2011, 08:58:57 pm »

"I can meet with the General..."

"Hmm...So what are you going to do about the money issue, then?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:28:30 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 220