Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232038 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1455 on: November 17, 2011, 07:40:54 pm »

...Time to get to work...
Head down to the storage room of the ship, avoid getting seen by guards or sailors. If there is any Guards guarding the door or inside the room, don't go in there.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:07:09 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 17, 2011, 08:13:23 pm »

Sometime later or before the meeting at the tavern...

She read the letter with a dark grin. He had...no idea, did he? 'unnecesary danger and disgust' indeed. She had put a knife through the neck of the first man that had tried to force her at 16. Stolen the livlihoods of people hardly better off than herself. Framed multiple people for murder, and worse things. Was trusted with secrets that lead to the deaths of hundreds when she let them out. And she had done all of it with a smile.

Of all the people to underestimate her, she felt the most about deceiving him. He was no frittering Noble, trampling peoples lives for petty amusement-he was a soldier, as she had noted, much like her. Insofar as she felt any emotions, she feared and was enticed by him, the most. He might make a potent ally...or a dangerous enemy.

So, she sat down and made a response. She kept smiling.

Honored General Nikephoros

Your warnings are duly noted-but, the World we live in is not a kind one, and we must be strong to survive. You can help me to be stronger, Nikephoros-for my family, for my country, for myself. I will gladly meet you on your efforts, and learn what you have earned over a lifetime of hard won experience. It is indeed an honor, and I look forward to thanking you in person on our campaign to liberate Mileth from the enemy.

One Tala Alanis
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 17, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »

A few weeks or so after being hired.

Tristan, accompanied by Aimee as always, looked out over the city of Shola. "Tell me, what do you think of perhaps buying a business here?" he mused, leaning forward and placing his elbows on the low stone wall that divided the road from the slope it was adjacent to. "Would we be settling here?" Aimee asked, arching an eyebrow. She wasn't particularly pleased by the idea. "What? No, of course not. I was thinking that perhaps we should look into other ways to fund our efforts. Our services might not be wanted forever and even so another source of income wouldn't hurt." "That's true." Aimee leaned on the wall beside him, although with her back to it rather than facing over it.

"One of the opium dealers, then," she said. "We could always use the medicine for when we get injured." Tristan nodded. "Good idea. Shall we look for one interested in a partnership?"

Find several opium dealers looking for a business partner, and try to determine the best deal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 17, 2011, 09:30:04 pm »

Find several opium dealers looking for a business partner, and try to determine the best deal.

[4] You manage to find the three that seem promising and reputable, for Opium Dealers-that is to say, they advertise in the local papers. If one was looking for a shadier sort, he would have to dig a little deeper.

-Andro McEntyre: A sort of young freelance Alchemist, who claims to havebeen recently kicked right out of the Royal College-they were jealous of him, naturally. Looking for someone to fully fund a new Opium shop, and also his personal 'experiments', of which he promises the results would be shared with any employer, but which he also seems reluctant to go into details about not in person. The ad says he is something of a dubious genius, in his own estimation at least.

-Petre Le'groupe: An exile from Dalannor, he boldly claims to have served several Lords and Ladies before a rival poisoned his stock, and led to the death of one of his wards. Aside from the ranting, there's not much actual information on him. He says he wants to spread his Opiate gifts to Shola now-several of which have never been seen outside of hidden Dalannori courts, for sure-and promises anyone who helps him is funding the cause of justice itself, by which he probably means an assassin or two. You're not sure if you ever heard his name though.

-Vilia Kachsuncek: A disgraced Hacturi 'Noblewoman' who apparently came from the Dragon Empire, maybe. She has brought the remnants of her Opium dealing business to Shola-she has manpower and supplies, but is drastically low on funds for a building site and wages. She openly admits to not having any actual experience, and is merely looking for someone to take it's direct operation off her hands at a discount. She considers the two others you've read about as public rivals, and won't work with them.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:32:01 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 17, 2011, 09:34:19 pm »

Tristan gathered the Levesque siblings. "I have a few promising leads. Can you look into them while I investigate other possiblities?"

Assign Aimee to Petre, Sebastian to Vilia, and Josephine to Andro. Have them meet and discuss my interest, but make it clear I'm also looking at the other dealers and they need to sell me on why I should join with them. While the three of them are doing that, I'll look into seedier dealers.

(Having found out that my resources aren't enough to cover buying any such businesses, ignore this post. ^^^; )
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:23:51 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 17, 2011, 11:18:10 pm »

"Great, you're an arms dealer? I need to buy a gun. How much would it cost to buy a gun?"

[2] The man looks at you, annoyed. His assistant strolls out to speak with you and by speak, he looks intent on punching your lights out. [4] Fortunately for you he's apparently in a merciful mood and doesn't.

"I'd ask who the hell you are yelling such things around these parts, but I don't care. I'd be more concerned with who sent you here, but we may not be around here long - so it doesn't matter." He sighs, "As someone dealing in things that can get you killed, I should slit your throat and dump you in the bay...but as a businessman I shall restrain myself. If you want a piece of fine craftsmanship it'll cost you a third of a ducat. Hard coin only..."

...Time to get to work...
Head down to the storage room of the ship, avoid getting seen by guards or sailors. If there is any Guards guarding the door or inside the room, don't go in there.

[2] You're unsure if anyone noticed you head down, [5] but the guard on duty appears to be asleep at his post. Apparently very little happens on this watch.

Retyl will gather the caravan, and all the regiments, on the shore and bring the ship near enough the smuggling ship to cross it. Bring along some guards.

[4] Everyone packs up and moves with you to the shore. [3] No one on the ship seems alarmed, apparently they were told to expect visitors in this random scrap of no where. [6] Everyone just hangs out awaiting further orders, slightly alarmed by the crew taking an interest in them
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:21:38 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 17, 2011, 11:31:08 pm »

...Gods, I hope this works...
Willliam snatched up some spare- hopefully thick -rope and wrapped it hiddenly around his body, then he grabbed one of the molotovs from his bandoleer and poured it out onto something that looked flammable, and lit it using a match. Then he silently but quickly headed up the stairs, grabbed a bag -like his men did- and then got on deck and started loading the dinghy to leave, dallying until someone noticed the fire that was below decks, while William was on the main deck loading the dinghy...
If any of this fails and he is spotted, if he is close enough to flee to the top deck, he jumps into the water and swims to shore, or to any friendly boats in the area. If he's still in the lower decks and going to be surrounded, he locks himself in a room or finds a bottleneck.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:40:09 pm by filiusenox »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 17, 2011, 11:36:28 pm »

"I'll take that deal!" Ite whips out an amount of money equal to 1/3 of a ducat to pay for the gun. "Gun, please!"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 18, 2011, 12:03:17 am »

...Gods, I hope this works...
Willliam snatched up some spare- hopefully thick -rope and wrapped it hiddenly around his body, then he grabbed one of the molotovs from his bandoleer and poured it out onto something that looked flammable, and lit it using a match. Then he silently but quickly headed up the stairs, grabbed a bag -like his men did- and then got on deck and started loading the dinghy to leave, dallying until someone noticed the fire that was below decks, while William was on the main deck loading the dinghy...

[4] You manage to wrap a length of ship's rope around yourself, making walking sort of difficult. [4] You pour the contents of the molotov over a pile of folded sail-cloth. Lighting it easily, [3] you manage to get back past the guard in time to be above deck before he wakes. [5] With bag in hand, you barely have enough time to heave it into the dinghy before the guard, now no longer asleep, starts screaming about fire. [2] The Captain bursts from his cabin in time to plug you in the arm with a crossbow bolt as you lower the ship. [2] He seems practiced, as he reloads before you're out of range and fires, [1/6] missing you but killing a member of your crew with a bolt to the head. You hear him cursing your name in a language you don't recognize before retreating below decks to help put out the fire. The ship leaves the area immediately.

"I'll take that deal!" Ite whips out an amount of money equal to 1/3 of a ducat to pay for the gun. "Gun, please!"
The gunsmith looks at you, then to his assistant who speaks, "You're an insane person..."

You're handed a fine-crafted box, contents include the pistol with require parts, and a stack of papers with instructions. As you leave the assistant looks to the smith and simply says, "That man is likely to kill himself with that..." The smith nods and the assistant just shrugs and goes about his duties.
Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 18, 2011, 12:14:37 am »

Ite walks away down the harbor, covertly pointing the unloaded gun at random objects and making gun noises under his breath.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 18, 2011, 12:24:10 am »

"That did not bloody well work at all...Wait...where the hell is Karlk?"
"He got pegged by the captain with that crossbow." The guard that wasn't puking his guts out, shifted a tarp aside.
"Oh hell...poor lad...but now its bloody well personal."

See if the smuggler ship is still in range to get to.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 18, 2011, 12:31:32 am »

See if the smuggler ship is still in range to get to.

[4] If they don't stop to get you, perhaps. Given they won't be steering anytime soon, you don't think it'll be hard to follow them though. Distance is their only option truly. (Bonuses due to dead rudder: +2 to search roll during chase, +1 to ship combat, +2 to naval tactics)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 18, 2011, 12:56:33 am »

Nothing ever goes bloody right...

Get picked up by Rectyl's ship.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 18, 2011, 01:29:15 am »

((I'm so confused. Retcyl's on the smuggler ship.))

The Prescient...

Captain Deelin was old. 53 this month...and yet he was a mere child compared to the hatcuri. Some of them were in their 6th century! But age don't mean anything without experience, so he had remained on the ship when the lizards bought it. The Ambassador and his men were on the smuggler right now, so he was commanding officer until he came back...And as commanding officer, it was his decision to pick up the little dinghy that was calling for help. "Are you a friend of the hatcuri?", he said.

Smuggler Ship...

Was that William? Damn him! He actually tried to burn the ship! Which probably meant that he was trying to hire the ship...Aah, now Retcyl would have to finish the job!

"Captain, it seems we've caught you in a bad time. Seems your guest has gone and tried to burn your ship...Well it's about to get much worse unless you submit yourselves to me. Serve me, or you and your men will die from the flames and from our steel."

Threaten the smuggler captain into serving me. If he serves me, evacuate the men onto my ship after trying to save the smuggler. If they don't serve, kill them all except those who surrender. Pick up William.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:54:30 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 18, 2011, 02:11:38 am »

((Minor Retcon, ignore the flee order from earlier))

Threaten the smuggler captain into serving me. If he serves me, evacuate the men onto my ship after trying to save the smuggler. If they don't serve, kill them all except those who surrender. Pick up William.

[4] The captain, annoyed, asks you for a moment and walks to the rail. He unloads a pair of crossbows sitting in racks. [4] Afterward he swears, and turn back to you. "Provided my ship survives, maybe. If it doesn't, there's no reason to deal is there?"  [4] The fire is put out at the cost of his cargo. Afterward you have another meeting and he decides that [6] working for the Hatcuri wouldn't wound his pride overmuch as long as he stayed in command of his ship...and that William stays the hell off it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:30:56 am by CyberGenesis »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 220